RIMWORLD

harsaphes

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone else play this? I'm basically new to it but totally obsessed. After about 60 hours in I feel confident in what I'm doing though trolling through Reddit has given me soooooo many ideas that I've never thought of. I'll post some screens later.

I have about 70 hours in it myself. It's very well made, but it definitely has a learning curve that some won't appreciate

rimworld.JPG

Not great, but it's the best I've done so far.

Rimworld is the best game that's been in Alpha for some time now. It's currently A17, but was probably good enough for a full release a year ago. Great modding community. The game can be as easy or challenging as you want it to be. And as I stated, great modding community.

Rimworld is the best game that's been in Alpha for some time now. It's currently A17, but was probably good enough for a full release a year ago. Great modding community. The game can be as easy or challenging as you want it to be. And as I stated, great modding community.

I've been tempted, but I'm holding off on mods until full release. It seems like every update they have breaks some or all mod support. The devs are extremely active, though.

Has a release time frame been set yet?

Most mods, especially the popular ones, get updated within a day or two of any major patches that break a mod. You shouldn't let that stop you from trying any. At the very least, give the Prepare Carefully mod a shot. Offers great options for how you want to your colony.

No idea when this will be officially released. Frankly, it could have been released a year ago and been perfectly fine. But the developer has a vision, and he's getting to it. I don't know his end game, and I don't know if he has an estimated release date.

2017-08-06 (1).png

Well I've reloaded this save plenty of times to get to this point. There is SO much to learn in this game and I feel like I'm still in the early stages but it's a GREAT game and extremely challenging.

The beauty of this game is that it's as easy or hard as you want. You can start the game off with everything you need, but set the conditions to be completely brutal. You can make it so people explode on death. You can make your world suffer a never-ending volcanic ash. You can settle in the ice plains, with few or no animals, and no outdoor growing seasons. Or you can settle in a jungle, ripe with food, but home to many diseases.

And that's just the vanilla game. With mods, anything is possible. Advanced tech. Robots. More foods/plants. Cyborgs. Lasers. Or you can go primitive. Aliens? Anime cat girls?

I love this game, and have to take breaks from it or it becomes too consuming.

Just bought a 'pyro' girl from the slave trader. I've restricted her to only certain areas in the home area. I'll see how it goes.

The beauty of this game is that it's as easy or hard as you want. You can start the game off with everything you need, but set the conditions to be completely brutal. You can make it so people explode on death. You can make your world suffer a never-ending volcanic ash. You can settle in the ice plains, with few or no animals, and no outdoor growing seasons. Or you can settle in a jungle, ripe with food, but home to many diseases.

And that's just the vanilla game. With mods, anything is possible. Advanced tech. Robots. More foods/plants. Cyborgs. Lasers. Or you can go primitive. Aliens? Anime cat girls?

I love this game, and have to take breaks from it or it becomes too consuming.

Pretty dead-on description. I absolutely love starting a new colony from scratch and building it up under different scenarios.

I'm just re-loading my save when something bad happens. I figure this is the way I'm learning how the game works. I even have my 'pyro' girl under control.

I even have my 'pyro' girl under control.

The only way you can have your pyro girl under control is by locking her in a room until she dies. Or let your resident psycho just kill her. And then maybe turning her into kibble or letting your resident cannibal eat her (raw).

Back