Rift Summer Sale $4.99

Soulmetzger

[H]ard|Gawd
Just got the email promoting Rift for $4.99 during their summer sale. As complained about by many in this thread, this sale item does NOT include any game time which is about an extra $15 on top of the sale price.

At work so I'm going to try and copy the link from the email.

LINK

During the RIFT Summer Sizzler Sale (June 30 – July 6) you can buy RIFT at the amazing low price of $4.99! RIFT has the most aggressive update schedule of any MMORPG. With three major updates already, the Ascended have new raids, dungeons, appearance slots, guild banks, revolutionary social media connectivity, and much, much more. This offer won’t last, so beat the heat (by beating down some Fire Rifts) during the RIFT Summer Sizzler Sale!

Last edited:
Another Rift sale! :)

As far as I can tell, they actually want to sell the game for cheap, but don't want to reduce the price because it would make it look cheap.

Regardless, is a fun MMO if you are in to the WoW style of "Kill monsters, do dungeons, turn in quests," game. I enjoyed it.

It doesn't include any game time (which is rather misleading). So the actual price is $20 for the standard edition, or $25 for the deluxe edition.

Here -- buy this game for $5. But you can't really play it.
lame.

Ahh. Sneaky.

Not nearly as good a deal as the periodic ones from D2D, Steam, and so on.

Really? It's been cheaper than $20 with gametime? I don't think I've seen it under $20...

If anyone wants a 7 day free trial, PM me and I'll send you the link. I don't want to just post it in general because I'm pretty sure referral links are a no no here.

I'd be more interested it this was "Buy Rift and enjoy our new reduced monthly fee of $4.99!" I would check this out for $5 but not when I have to sink another $15 a month to try it out and get a good feel for the game.

Do wish it included game play for $5 but might still be worth checking out...I've heard some decent things about it.

It doesn't include any game time (which is rather misleading). So the actual price is $20 for the standard edition, or $25 for the deluxe edition.

lame.

Yeah, thats one hell of a deal. $5 for a game that you can't play. :rolleyes:

If anyone wants a 7 day free trial, PM me and I'll send you the link. I don't want to just post it in general because I'm pretty sure referral links are a no no here.

They've moved to offering free open trials to anyone now.

I'm so confused. 7 day free trial? I have to pay $5 for the game and no game time? Shouldn't that be $5 for 7 days??

lame.
How is it misleading when it says right under it, bolded and underlined, that there is NO game time included?

I'm so confused. 7 day free trial? I have to pay $5 for the game and no game time? Shouldn't that be $5 for 7 days??
No. The 7 day free trial is exactly what it says, you get the trial client for free with 7 days of game time to try it out. The $5.00 game is the full version with no game time, another $15.00 to actually play the full version.

That's been confusing to me, too.

So confusing, in fact, that I'm not going to bother with the trial, the sale, the game time...none of it.

They've moved to offering free open trials to anyone now.

Well, there are a couple of perks to the referral program for both sides that aren't available to the straight up trial accounts.

Well, there are a couple of perks to the referral program for both sides that aren't available to the straight up trial accounts.

Ah I see. Didn't know the extent of the benefits. I tried looking for information earlier on, but the amount of spam when looking up any information on Rift is astounding (from plain Google searches).

How is it misleading when it says right under it, bolded and underlined, that there is NO game time included?

You obviously didn't get (or read) the email. It mentions nothing about not being able to play the game thats "on sale" for $5. It's not until you click through.

And at $5, I had my credit card out before I even clicked the link. But at $20 -- I'm holding off and I'm going to pick up some more backlog at the steam sale.

You obviously didn't get (or read) the email. It mentions nothing about not being able to play the game thats "on sale" for $5. It's not until you click through.

And at $5, I had my credit card out before I even clicked the link. But at $20 -- I'm holding off and I'm going to pick up some more backlog at the steam sale.
Oh I got the email, and read it. But I already own the game and play it ;).
The OP posted a link and that is what I was referring to as I'm sure most in this thread were too. On their site it clearly states "DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY COMPLIMENTARY GAMEPLAY TIME. Bolded and underlined.
Not everyone in this thread or on this site have gotten the email so they have the link provided by the Op to go on and it is stated there about there being No game time included so there is nothing shady or sneaky going on. It's not like they wait to tell you till after you buy the game at $5.00.

Added to the post that game time is not included in this deal. Regardless of if you buy it this way or with time it's a good price for the game either way.

Sorry things were spelled out completely for those new to MMO's. :rolleyes:

haha, you guys sure are getting butthurt over some comments disparaging how your fave mmo is selling itself

it's not that we're "new to MMO's" but that other MMO's either sell the client with gametime or allow you to upgrade their trials to the full client after purchasing...gametime.

because while this might surprise you "veterans" of MMO's, the client is worthless without gametime so the only reason to sell a client without it is to inflate the price delta between Rift and every other MMO on the market. or since some of you apparently love it so much as to insult people over this pretty basic concept, perhaps this $5 "sale" is so you can have Rift in your game list and stare lovingly at a game that you can't actually play :rolleyes:

Back