Rift: Planes of Telara... looking good! (MMORPG)

It is tempting...waiting to hear feedback on the next beta event, then will decide.

I got a beta-key and made an account.. Do I seriously need to be invited to the event before I can even download the client? My download speed isn't the fastest in the world.

I got a beta-key and made an account.. Do I seriously need to be invited to the event before I can even download the client? My download speed isn't the fastest in the world.

Nope, you should be able to download the client right away. Login on the website, and go to Manage Account. You'll have to agree to the EULA then you can download the client to the right of that.

I think you need to be invited 1st. You agree agree to the EULA, and then are given a DL link on your account page. But I think you will get a day or two at least before the event.

Someone compare WoW vs Rift for me. Why is it any better?

I hate WoW. It's just a giant grind for that next level, or that next piece of super duper purple/orange gear or some faction standing or something. Then an update comes out, and you start grinding again. After a while, it just felt hollow to me. I'd log in and couldn't stomach grinding something again.

I hate WoW. It's just a giant grind for that next level, or that next piece of super duper purple/orange gear or some faction standing or something. Then an update comes out, and you start grinding again. After a while, it just felt hollow to me. I'd log in and couldn't stomach grinding something again.

i hate wow too but got a feeling rift is the same grindfested game but just more prettier and better atmosphere

Rift looks interesting, but Planetside Next is coming too. I don't really have 4 hours blocks of time to dedicate to raiding on certain days of the week anymore.

That's MMO's bro. Rift is no different in the grind aspect.

The good news is that Rift does a great job of making the game feel less like a grind and more like playing the game. Less work, more play.

The "dynamic" content with Rifts adds a little wrinkle in an otherwise mundane MMO day. The Rifts work great, for now.

Rift IMO beats WoW in dungeon design. The looks and layouts make sense. The bosses are not as complicated as WoW...but I like that. It means we are not going to need a bazillion add-ons. WoW had to throw so much crap at you because they knew you would have addons to counter it! I hope they go back to resists and AC and HP's matter, more so than addons.

The Rift commercial that states "You're not in Azeroth anymore", is pretty spot on. This may be it's biggest draw outside the soul system. It is a different world, different races, talents etc.

Rifts art beats WoW by a mile. Style is very subjective so I will leave that alone.. Rift, no doubt is more detailed and more complex. It also runs damn good for all the eye candy available to the player.

Rifts vs WoW standard UI? I like Rifts. Gives you everything you need out the box, and is 100% customizable.

Rifts quest helper is much better also.

All that being said. WoW is just better at this point. The sheer size and content alone make it the best MMO period. And it's polished, more so than Rift. The community that supports WoW outside of the game is a dynamic that no MMO will be touching in years to come.

WoW has an upcoming problem. The lore is done. The Void is pretty much all they have left no? They will be jumping the shark soon. Mark my words! SC2 expansion...we will find Thrall frozen in some ice somewhere, and this will tie into World of Starcraft!

All that being said. WoW is just better at this point. The sheer size and content alone make it the best MMO period. And it's polished, more so than Rift. The community that supports WoW outside of the game is a dynamic that no MMO will be touching in years to come.

You're comparing an MMO thats been out for how many years and been patched and upgraded how many times to one thats fresh off the boat??? WoW was anything but "polished" back at launch. The beta for Rift already feels like gold disc code most of the time.

The community that supports WoW mostly does it because they've invested years of their lives and thousands of dollars playing it, so they don't want to leave. Common sense there really. You go where your friends go and stay where they stay.

I don't see where anyone gets that there is "grinding" in Rift. Simply doing quests I've levelled 5 characters to 20+ without ever having to go somewhere and just kill endless mobs to make a level. Progression at this point has been steady and feels good. You get great gear for quest rewards that you'll actually want to use, and player crafted gear only gets better than that. I'm sure they'll tweak levelling speed by launch, but you should never, ever have to go grind out xp or try for some rare drop.

Rift doesn't do anything truly revolutionary to be sure, but it pulls some of the best parts of other MMO's into a nice package that's stable, looks great and plays well. It adds far more customization than WoW will ever offer for your character build and the environment is simply amazing for it's detail.

Granted, this is all just my opinion, but for someone looking to start fresh in an MMO, Rift is a great place to at least look.

You're comparing an MMO thats been out for how many years and been patched and upgraded how many times to one thats fresh off the boat??? WoW was anything but "polished" back at launch. The beta for Rift already feels like gold disc code most of the time.

The community that supports WoW mostly does it because they've invested years of their lives and thousands of dollars playing it, so they don't want to leave. Common sense there really. You go where your friends go and stay where they stay.
Read what he was saying, he wasn't complaining, just pointing out obvious items to someone who asked for a comparison.

Rift doesn't do anything truly revolutionary to be sure, but it pulls some of the best parts of other MMO's into a nice package that's stable, looks great and plays well. It adds far more customization than WoW will ever offer for your character build and the environment is simply amazing for it's detail.
This is interesting as one of the longstanding complaints about WoW is that it didn't do anything revolutionary. In fact many say it copied proven features from other MMOs.

Granted, this is all just my opinion, but for someone looking to start fresh in an MMO, Rift is a great place to at least look.
Yeah, I am hoping so. Still going to wait for the next beta feedback before pre-ordering.

YES I am. Rift isn't competing back in 2005. Who cares what launch looked like? How's that working for Blizzard now having that shitty launch?

So? It's there now. You need to compete with it.

I don't see where anyone gets that there is "grinding" in Rift. Simply doing quests I've levelled 5 characters to 20+ without ever having to go somewhere and just kill endless mobs to make a level. Progression at this point has been steady and feels good. You get great gear for quest rewards that you'll actually want to use, and player crafted gear only gets better than that. I'm sure they'll tweak levelling speed by launch, but you should never, ever have to go grind out xp or try for some rare drop.

I DO agree with you here. Compared to lets say Aion, it isn't even remotely a grind. Compared to WoW (I don't see WoW as a grind either) it's about the same.

Agree with you BUT...Character customization means jack and dick after your 1st set of armor. Being able to choose what color and how big my eyes are means little after I get a helmet.

Agree with you whole heartedly here also. Rift finally gives people a legit option to WoW. By giving people more....WoW. And some Aion, and some Warhammer. Throw in some Vanguard also. Rifts approach? You gotta like SOMETHING we have here. And I do.

One thing I do NOT like about Rift. You are playing on rails, like it or not. If not rails a bowl sliding on rails. Too much content crammed into an area. I don't believe I am saying that...But seriously, anyone doubt they will not see the whole world in about 2 weeks time? There is zero sense of exploration. You will not find anything new. Rift makes sure you are told who what where and when to go. No surprises.

YES I am. Rift isn't competing back in 2005. Who cares what launch looked like? How's that working for Blizzard now having that shitty launch?

Back when WoW launched the only real competition was EQ, and Blizzard had a track record with the Warcraft Series that got them a nice user base to work up from. That gave them a nice edge out of the gate, so even with a rough launch, they had a better chance than any company would get today.

So? It's there now. You need to compete with it.

No, you don't need to compete with it. Just provide something different that enough people are willing to pay for to provide income and profts. Hyundai didn't start out competing with Lexus, but after all these years, they are finally making cars that are getting a reputation for quality. Rift doesn't need to beat WoW right now, it needs to be good enough to be self sufficient so the bean counters don't pull the plug on it.

I DO agree with you here. Compared to lets say Aion, it isn't even remotely a grind. Compared to WoW (I don't see WoW as a grind either) it's about the same.

WoW has gotten much better about not needing to grind out XP like the old days when there were entire level ranges where there were no quests so it was either kill billions of mobs in an endless spree or stop levelling. Rift seems to provide a nice, steady line of quests to do which provide most of the XP needed to level up smoothly without a long drawn out period.

Agree with you BUT...Character customization means jack and dick after your 1st set of armor. Being able to choose what color and how big my eyes are means little after I get a helmet.

At least in Rift you can dye all the armors whatever color you want, this alone, while a seemingly small thing, is going to make tons of people thrilled right out of the gate. Not only will you get wicked nice armor pieces from quests, you can keep whatever color scheme you had going with a quick dye use. Thats still one of my biggest gripes about WoW now, everyone looks so much alike we might as well just be clones.

Agree with you whole heartedly here also. Rift finally gives people a legit option to WoW. By giving people more....WoW. And some Aion, and some Warhammer. Throw in some Vanguard also. Rifts approach? You gotta like SOMETHING we have here. And I do.

Aye, the mix is what will make or break it. They've sort of made a big kettle of "leftover soup", and it's not bad as it is, but hopefully in time they'll add the right spices and tweak the "flavor" a bit once they see how things work out on a live retail server. I loved VG before SOE totally screwed it up, so I'm hoping Trion won't do something similar here. Based on how the Dev Team is responding to players, I don't think they will. The feedback has been quick and solid so far, which says a lot about the folks doing the coding.

One thing I do NOT like about Rift. You are playing on rails, like it or not. If not rails a bowl sliding on rails. Too much content crammed into an area. I don't believe I am saying that...But seriously, anyone doubt they will not see the whole world in about 2 weeks time? There is zero sense of exploration. You will not find anything new. Rift makes sure you are told who what where and when to go. No surprises.

Aye, there's not a lot of "roam" factor at the moment, but the rails approach does keep you moving along and keeps you from wasting time by getting lost or not being able to find your next quest giver or turn-in location. It makes you feel like you're realy moving along and not wasting any of your time. The flip side is that for a casual gamer who likes to just wander aimlessly, you can do it, but it's not such a big world that you can get lost in it. I did find one hidden puzzle somewhere I won't mention so as not to spoil it, but once I solved it I ended up with a wicked set of "blue" quality shoulders that lasted me over 5 levels before I saw something even close to better.

Thanks for the reply btw! It's nice to talk about these things with someone who isn't either a Rift "basher" or a "fanboi" who can't see anything but black or white. The grays define the subject, and are the best part to look at. ;)

I hope we both find what we want in Telara. Azeroth may be nice and all, but a change of scenery never hurts, esp with Rift looking so good to my half blind eyes at this point. ;)

WoW has gotten much better about not needing to grind out XP like the old days when there were entire level ranges where there were no quests so it was either kill billions of mobs in an endless spree or stop levelling.

I thought I would correct you on this statement. WOW in its' released form (non-beta) had more than enough quests to max your lvl. I was the 3rd lvl 60 on my server and I got there by questing. Now granted I was in the closed beta so I knew where to go, but the fact remains. Now as far as leveling speed it was about the same as grinding out mobs, the first person to get to 60 was some french dude that basically killed shit nonstop.

Why does everything have to beat WoW?

Some people are willing to pay more than 1 sub, or if they can only afford one sub, then take a break from one MMO to play another for a while. It doesn't need to be categorically better than WoW in order for it to thrive.

The more I play games, especially MMOs the more I realise that they're not a persistent worlds that will last forever, my expectations have come down somewhat, MMOs have a lifespan, they're finite. I've stopped looking for an MMO I can call home and settle down to forever more, I just ones that will provide a bit of fun for maybe 6 months before running out of content. I refuse to grind my way through endless streams of dungeons that delay me seeing end game content just to keep me subbing for longer, I've never even really cared about epic loot, just the experience of doing the dungeons themselves.

Why does everything have to beat WoW?

I refuse to grind my way through endless streams of dungeons that delay me seeing end game content just to keep me subbing for longer, I've never even really cared about epic loot, just the experience of doing the dungeons themselves.

Nice, pretty much the way I feel. I got Cata, got my Pally to 85 and now am bored. I also refuse to grind through dungeons for better gear. I'll finish Twilight Highlands and run through the dungeons but grinding Heroic Dungeons makes we want to stab my eyes out.

I actually enjoy the exploration, lore and questing.

Rift does look good, plays great other than odd performance... it goes from running smooth as silk to being like a damn powerpoint slideshow. I may pick it up but will wait until I get in at least one more beta weekend before I decide.

I thought I would correct you on this statement. WOW in its' released form (non-beta) had more than enough quests to max your lvl. I was the 3rd lvl 60 on my server and I got there by questing. Now granted I was in the closed beta so I knew where to go, but the fact remains. Now as far as leveling speed it was about the same as grinding out mobs, the first person to get to 60 was some french dude that basically killed shit nonstop.

I don't remember launch WoW being so smooth to 60 at all, beta info or not. Granted this can vary a lot by class/race/solo/group, so it's somewhat subjective.

WoW is still more grind oriented in my mind though. Repeat the same dungeons over and over to get the marks/drops, whereas Rift has the random invasions which add some variety and drop some epic stuff.

Heck the most fun I've had yet was when we were trying to beat a major Rift and another opened right beside the first one. Unexpected and unscripted things like that are a great thing to have. (Even though we got slaughtered initially).

Another time a named epic werewolf walked into town and was killing everything in sight. Took us almost 30 minutes to kill it. Imagine if Marrowgar was 5x as tough and walked into Org to kick ass and take names. It was awesome, dropped some great stuff and everyone felt like they participated in something cool. It's nice when the adventure comes looking for you now and then. I never got that feeling in WoW once I don't think.

Rift keeps you on your toes as not even the smaller towns are 100% safe. It makes it feel more real and exciting. I hope Trion becomes like Hyundai, the little guy who eventually became a force to be reckoned with.

How does endgame work in rift? Is pvp gear accessible after you farm some sort of points? Are there alternatives to raiding that will provide comparable rewards such as the public quests?

Rift looks nice, I just cannot dedicate 3 hour blocks of time on certain days every week for raids anymore.

And how's the RP aspect of the game?... I mean is there enough "fluff" like emottes, places to RP like taverns, maybe some nice looking clothing... chat channels and so on.

ANd if this game doesn't have PvE-RP server on release, then it's no go for me... RP is the only thing that can keep me attached to MMO

And how's the RP aspect of the game?... I mean is there enough "fluff" like emottes, places to RP like taverns, maybe some nice looking clothing... chat channels and so on.

And if this game doesn't have PvE-RP server on release, then it's no go for me... RP is the only thing that can keep me attached to MMO

There are already PvE-RP servers in beta, and people do use them for RP somewhat. Considering the beta is mostly for bug testing, RP'ing isnt a main thing atm for most, though the amount of lore for the game is pretty impressive, and there's a lot of story cutscenes and in game moments using that lore as you level.

My guild will be on a PvE-RP server, and there are plenty who plan to do the hardcore RP thing on the Rift forums already.

http://forums.riftgame.com/forumdisplay.php?9-Role-play-Forums

You can read through the lore section of the forums for an idea of the background.

http://forums.riftgame.com/forumdisplay.php?8-Lore-Discussion

There are plenty of emotes to me so far, granted I've not sat down and run through them all. Being able to dye your clothing and armor any color you want allows for some pretty weird looking outfits if thats your thing.

The taverns look nice, though it's a bummer you can't actually sit in the chairs at the moment. I'm hoping they add little things like that either before or soon after launch.

How does endgame work in rift? Is pvp gear accessible after you farm some sort of points? Are there alternatives to raiding that will provide comparable rewards such as the public quests?

Rift looks nice, I just cannot dedicate 3 hour blocks of time on certain days every week for raids anymore.

Endgame isn't accessable yet in the beta since the level cap is still around 30, so no one really knows for sure.

I haven't seen any gear defined as "PVP" gear, though I've not been looking for any either.

Rifts provide tons of XP and chances for great drops, but it's totally random, and only the biggest Rifts will drop the great stuff. Unlike WoW you can't just farm a dungeon to get everything necessarily.

Endgame isn't accessable yet in the beta since the level cap is still around 30, so no one really knows for sure.

I haven't seen any gear defined as "PVP" gear, though I've not been looking for any either.

Rifts provide tons of XP and chances for great drops, but it's totally random, and only the biggest Rifts will drop the great stuff. Unlike WoW you can't just farm a dungeon to get everything necessarily.

How is loot shared then? I thought rifts were public and anyone could just waltz up to the mob you're fighting.

How is loot shared then? I thought rifts were public and anyone could just waltz up to the mob you're fighting.

Rifts are made up of more than 1 mob, there are several waves per Rift, and everyone who is flagged for fighting in the Rift gets random rewards. The more you contribute the better the rewards. There is a counter on the side that tells you if you're flagged for Rift loot and how much you've contributed. Usually I've gotten gear that was class appropriate though I don't think thats a guarantee.

You also get other items that are used as currency for really nice items, though I've yet to really try for them since it's only a beta atm.

Most of the rift items I've got through sort of rift currency while fighting, you can then trade it in for rift gear of various levels at vendors, much like the RvR currency in WAR which is handed in for gear.

some of that stuff looks likes a good idea. i hate grinding but its its masked with non shitty stuff then its ok i guess. im more of a soloer cause i think most people are idiots and i dont want to be annoyed but if the rifts are a quick group and boom done thats cool. dungeons sound good too and interesting.

I just bit on a CE pre-order. It's been awhile since I've been involved in a game like this, and I already have a guild lined up for it.

For the solo-ers, I know that, depending on your class, you should be able to solo everything up to, and including, the first dungeon by about lvl 18 or so. Some classes might require a partner to do it. Other than that, there are just the rift events where a bunch of elites run around your camps killing everything. But that's fun, and you get a bunch of plane-stuff for participating.

The only thing I don't like so far is the crafting, but I haven't done that part of the game much. I wish it was more like the soul system - that would make it unique and more fun.

You think there's a chance for PVP-RP type of servers at launch?

And what's the most rewarding class (soul) to master? (PVP-wise, most rewarding != overpowered)

I know it's a bit too early to conclude, because balance is rolling on all the time... Just give me your ideas!

Well the good thing is that rift invasions don't require grouping or being 1337 at pulling the mob first to gain exp, they're like PQs in WAR where if you contribute in some way they're you're rewarded for it, as well as rift currency all sorts of other trinkets and dohickeys will be rewarded, they all just stack up in a sort of rift inventory which you can access at any point and transfer items to your regular inventory.

It means you can just jump in balls first, fight and not worry about loot and when the dust settles just check what you've won, and head off to the rift vendors, no grouping, no questing just get the job done and pick your reward.

Is there mod support?
If so, is there a mini mod community already?

No mod support at the moment, and considering how much you can customize the default interface already, there's not much need really.

Pretty sure they said it was something they had discussed, but it wasn't a priority.

You think there's a chance for PVP-RP type of servers at launch?

And what's the most rewarding class (soul) to master? (PVP-wise, most rewarding != overpowered)

I know it's a bit too early to conclude, because balance is rolling on all the time... Just give me your ideas!

Pretty sure there were already PVP-RP servers available in the beta.

Mastering some of the caster souls will probably be pretty rewarding, since the amount of mix and match you can do between souls could give some very interesting combos in battle.

The sheer number of possible combinations is pretty staggering, though there is some overlap here and there between some souls within a class.

Is there a website with a proper list of class skills and descriptions? I know there's a character builder with the spec tree but I'd like to see the baseline skills.

I've some questions:

- Anyone have any info on how many different skills (spells) there are for the elementalist lines? Pyromancer, Stormcaller etc.

From the vids, toons are only so high a level in the beta, so I keep seeing the same spells used over and over. Some cool visuals, but nothing really impressive as of yet.

- Is there a lack of content and/or too much repetitive gameplay in PvE?

I'm seeing a lot of people around places stating the the PvE is sorely lacking in content, and the PvE is all I and my wife would play. But if it's that lacking in content, and/or is just the same old thing over and over again, it ain't worth the monthly fee.

We've been holding out for GW2, but RIFT has some beautiful visuals and we love the concept of the Soul Trees, but animations seem very stiff and there seem to be a lot of concerns regarding PvE content, as well as what new players would do in earlier areas, because people move on and don't return, but if Rifts have taken a foothold near an early area, that screws-over earlier players.

That's a problem due to player-base though, as there's concern that there's not enough people who are going to get into Rift to be populating the earlier areas, and that's due to many people not feeling Rift really has a great deal to offer, cutting down the player-base.

Gotta say though, too, that $15/mth... those days are LONG dead, and they should know that's not going to hold for long. Pay-to-play is going out the window, devs have realized this and have cut prices, dropped fees completely and some games shut-down all together. I don't thin Rift is so "amazingly fantastical" that it warrants the fee. Maybe $5/mth, but they're pushing it, especially for a game that breaks no new ground.

I'm interested, but there's a lot of turn-offs with it.

Is there a website with a proper list of class skills and descriptions? I know there's a character builder with the spec tree but I'd like to see the baseline skills.

Go to the main game website?

http://www.riftgame.com/en/classes/

Slachtbeest;1036725481]I've some questions:

- Anyone have any info on how many different skills (spells) there are for the elementalist lines? Pyromancer, Stormcaller etc.

As above, go to the main game website?

From the vids, toons are only so high a level in the beta, so I keep seeing the same spells used over and over. Some cool visuals, but nothing really impressive as of yet.

With a level limit of 27 currently, and even lower before Beta 4, there wasnt much choice but to use the same spells over and over. Also, if they work, people are gonna keep using them.

- Is there a lack of content and/or too much repetitive gameplay in PvE?

Not that I can see. There's enough quests to easily keep levelling up to 27.

I'm seeing a lot of people around places stating the the PvE is sorely lacking in content, and the PvE is all I and my wife would play. But if it's that lacking in content, and/or is just the same old thing over and over again, it ain't worth the monthly fee.

As above, there are plenty of quests, and they keep you moving along a pretty nicely detailed storyline. Read the game website and forums, there's tons of lore there to go through and they use it liberally in game.

We've been holding out for GW2, but RIFT has some beautiful visuals and we love the concept of the Soul Trees, but animations seem very stiff and there seem to be a lot of concerns regarding PvE content, as well as what new players would do in earlier areas, because people move on and don't return, but if Rifts have taken a foothold near an early area, that screws-over earlier players.

Rifts don't ever screw you over really. People flock to Rifts to close them since it benefits everyone to do so. You get good rewards, plenty of XP and the random events like that make the world feel far less static. Rifts are also based on player population, so the biggest and worst of them won't pop in a low populated, low level area. Worst case you may have a Rift on a quest turn in spot so the NPC is dead, but once word gets around, players will move in and clear it out pretty quickly. On the off chance they don't, it won't prevent you from going on to other quests and coming back later on.

That's a problem due to player-base though, as there's concern that there's not enough people who are going to get into Rift to be populating the earlier areas, and that's due to many people not feeling Rift really has a great deal to offer, cutting down the player-base.

With almost 75,000 Facebook fans and people willing to buy beta keys to get in before the preorders were put out, I'd say there's plenty of playerbase already. The forums are active and people are itching to get in and play.

Gotta say though, too, that $15/mth... those days are LONG dead, and they should know that's not going to hold for long. Pay-to-play is going out the window, devs have realized this and have cut prices, dropped fees completely and some games shut-down all together. I don't thin Rift is so "amazingly fantastical" that it warrants the fee. Maybe $5/mth, but they're pushing it, especially for a game that breaks no new ground.

If you want something for nothing, stick to GW. No one ever said it broke new ground, but it combines "ground" from several other games into something better than all the others on their own. If you don't want to pay, then fine, dont play. I'd pay $20-25 a month for the game as it is right now because it's so much fun.

If you want a lower price, preorder and lock in the "founders" price of $9.95 a month (in 6 month blocks only), that you keep as long as you have an active sub to the game.

I'm interested, but there's a lot of turn-offs with it.

Sorry, no such thing out there as a "perfect" game, not even with Rift. Plenty of us feel it's got more potential than anything else coming along though, and considering how much the Dev Team has openly communicated with us testers and put our feedback into the active beta to test, I'd say they care a lot more about what we want than most companies ever will.

As above, go to the main game website?

Yeah, no offense... but coming-off as you have with the rest of your post, as if you're as "deeply informed" as you come-off, you'd know that there are no skill lists on the official site.

As above, there are plenty of quests, and they keep you moving along a pretty nicely detailed storyline. Read the game website and forums, there's tons of lore there to go through and they use it liberally in game.

You're basing that information off your (supposed) experience in the beta. Further along into Rift, it could drop-off significantly, and become nothing more than a mediocre grind-fest, with no real variation, depth or longevity.

Rifts don't ever screw you over really. People flock to Rifts to close them since it benefits everyone to do so. You get good rewards, plenty of XP and the random events like that make the world feel far less static. Rifts are also based on player population, so the biggest and worst of them won't pop in a low populated, low level area. Worst case you may have a Rift on a quest turn in spot so the NPC is dead, but once word gets around, players will move in and clear it out pretty quickly. On the off chance they don't, it won't prevent you from going on to other quests and coming back later on.

That reasoning is flawed, as is the very mechanic we're speaking about. People are already complaining about the fact that it has shown it could happen. If there aren't enough new players in beginning areas where Rifts have taken-hold, it does screw-over new players until the Rifts are closed. I know it scales to how many people, but it's still a flawed mechanic.

With almost 75,000 Facebook fans and people willing to buy beta keys to get in before the preorders were put out, I'd say there's plenty of playerbase already. The forums are active and people are itching to get in and play.

Yeah, I know man, I've been there countless times. For an MMO that is supposed to be of such a "large scale", 75k people is not a huge amount.

If you want something for nothing, stick to GW. No one ever said it broke new ground, but it combines "ground" from several other games into something better than all the others on their own. If you don't want to pay, then fine, dont play. I'd pay $20-25 a month for the game as it is right now because it's so much fun.

Man, grow up. Isn't the "if you don't want to play it, then don't" response dead at this point? Perhaps reserved for teenagers and immature fanbois of all ages with their snarky attitudes? Apparently.

I never, not once, said I "wanted something for nothing", so don't twist my words into something I did not imply. I said the structure of pay-to-play, but particularly any game charging $15/mth, is completely out-dated at this point, and no game is so good that it warrants such a fee. The amount of PvE content alone would have to be absolutely enormous, and the game would have to offer something truly unique for most people to even consider paying a fee like that anymore.

If you want a lower price, preorder and lock in the "founders" price of $9.95 a month (in 6 month blocks only), that you keep as long as you have an active sub to the game.

Yeah, I know all about it... thanks.

Sorry, no such thing out there as a "perfect" game, not even with Rift. Plenty of us feel it's got more potential than anything else coming along though, and considering how much the Dev Team has openly communicated with us testers and put our feedback into the active beta to test, I'd say they care a lot more about what we want than most companies ever will.

Again, I would say, "Put on your big-boy pants, and calm your fanboi attitude", since I never said, not once, that the game was not fun, nor that it didn't have potential.

Who said anything about wanting a "perfect game"? Shit... love the immature conclusions fanbois have to jump to, any time someone expresses anything other than sheer orgasmic bliss for something the fanbois are into.

Go to the main game website?

I must be blind because all I see is a paragraph offering a vague/cliched description of the class. I'd like to see a list of all the baseline abilities available to the class that tell you what the ability does, range, cooldown, etc.

No man, you're not blind. This guy just wants to come-off as if he's "in-the-know", yet doesn't "know" that there are no skill lists on the official site.

The class builder shows all the skills, however.

This guy has more posts than anyone in this thread. Obviously he's "convinced"...

No man, you're not blind. This guy just wants to come-off as if he's "in-the-know", yet doesn't "know" that there are no skill lists on the official site.

The class builder shows all the skills, however.

Ah I never noticed the small boxes at the very bottom of the tree. I'm guessing those are the baseline abilities.

Beastmaster/Champion looks pretty tasty...reminds me of the White Lion from Warhammer :D

Back