Rift Delays due to Lens Shortage. Vive to out ship Rift in 2016. (Digitimes).

limitedaccess

Supreme [H]ardness
Interesting as I'd have thought going into this that Rift would have more momentum then Vive. Granted this is is shipments and not necessarily sales.

Digitimes Research: Shipments of Oculus Rift CV1 delayed on shortage of lenses

The shipment ratio of the Rift CV 1 and HTC Vive in the global PC market in 2016 is expected to stand at 3:7, and the situation could turn worse for Oculus if it fails to address the supply issue fast enough, Digitimes Research believes.

I do remember that Palmer responded with a "my sides" comment about the situation, and that the problem wasn't the lenses at all.

There's so much conflicting information out there, so it's best for now to take everything you read with a grain of salt (critique and praise as well).

Whatever part(s) is/are delayed... I wouldn't want to be the one in charge of supply chain management at Oculus.... Ouch!

This is pretty much a textbook worst case possible scenario.

I ordered my rift and vive at nearly identical times (around 30 minutes after taking pre-orders) I'll have my vive tomorrow and my rift got pushed back to June. That kinda gives you some context into how bad it is.

Reactions: Yakk
like this
Back