Ridiculous All-In-One Gaming PC Built Into 34-inch Curved Monitor

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I appreciate how the company figured out how to cram so much into so little, but something about this just screams fire hazard to me.

The Avant systems are gaming PCs built into a 34-inch curved WQHD monitor with a 21:9 aspect ratio and native resolution of 3440 by 1440. It’s easy to set up and get running; you screw the system into the heavy metal base, you connect a single power cable to the wall, and you’re done. There is no tower to connect to the monitor. You don’t have to juggle multiple cables. A USB webcam attaches to the top of the system, but it can be removed if you’d like to get that USB port back.

I wouldn't pay that kind of money for it, but I can see it's appeal for some people.

It would be one of those things I'd buy if I won the lottery and wanted to go to a LAN party or QuakeCon and not have to hassle with a ton of components.

If you are on the road a lot I could see it being useful if you are stuck in a hotel for weeks on end due to work.

Tech Support Guy: Can you reseat the video card for me and tell me if it shows the video image?

Pimpled Kid: Huh?

thats really cool.

Have people modded something like this by themselves?

looks like it may be upgradeable too

It would be one of those things I'd buy if I won the lottery and wanted to go to a LAN party or QuakeCon and not have to hassle with a ton of components.

If you are on the road a lot I could see it being useful if you are stuck in a hotel for weeks on end due to work.

Nah. A decent mobile workstation laptop would cost less and make more sense.

Nope. Needs to have 2 1080's: each with thier own water blocks. Fail.

I would like to make one myself. Maybe on my next upgrade cycle I will go really small and put the guts on the back of a nice 34" 4K monitor or something.

Interesting idea, but no way I would want my gaming machine to be AiO. Too much heat. Call me old skool, but I just like a nice, clean, custom build with exactly what I want. I can usually do that for half of what companies charge and I tend to trust my work more than someone else.

When I first saw it I thought it was someone's crazy home project, not an actual product.

Only needs minor custom cable work to prevent bundled cables. It seems pretty straight forward to swap components if something goes bad as it just looks like your normal computer. I like the idea of a customizable AIO like this that has massive horse power.

I would wager this is more for those that want a very sleek minimalist system to complement a modern deco setup. Combined with a sleek looking wireless keyboard and mouse, you'd have only a single power cable to hide.

Makes me wonder what kind of fan noise it makes when pushed hard and what boost clocks it's capable of boosting up to.

1080 FE should be the loudest component... So the same as every other FE. Near silent at stock and goes downhill fast. :)

AIO on the CPU should be quieter.

They are closer to your face though!

Good job to this company for making an awesome all in one. I like how you can upgrade it, full size GPU. The pricing really isn't bad.

Last edited:
WAF (wife acceptance factor) creates significant budgetary shifts which may facilitate for a paradigm shift in electronics collocation and habitation with foundational and visual aesthetic scenarios.

I've badgered mine so hard that now high end tower speakers are acceptable in the living room, but you are 100% correct! It just takes a decade to rebuild WAF ;)

Glad I am single, can do whatever I want. Women these days don't even cook and wash your back so what's the point in getting married?

And I'm sure it has the same problem as all AIO systems... it's nearly impossible to service.

If the either the screen or the motherboard goes bad, you are 100% SOL if you are out of warranty. It's not like you'll find either one just lying around somewhere nor is the work involved in replacing them going to be practical.

Interesting. If you want to use your monitor as a heater. Imagine the hot air emanating from that thing after a few minutes of intense load.
I've seen a few monitors that get hot on their own. And the hot air just oozes out of them at the top.

I imagine sitting in front of this in a fire suit :D

And I'm sure it has the same problem as all AIO systems... it's nearly impossible to service.

If the either the screen or the motherboard goes bad, you are 100% SOL if you are out of warranty. It's not like you'll find either one just lying around somewhere nor is the work involved in replacing them going to be practical.
Motherboard is a standard ITX model, and video card is a standard high end card, and are both available at Amazon if you wanted.
But yeah, the monitor part going tits up would be pita, and outside of swapping video cards, it is not going to be as easy to pop open and fix as your typical mid tower.

lol, there's going to be some much throttling on that 1080 with the reference cooler in that thing. They already struggle to put out 3440x1440 at solid frame rates, this is a nice workstation, but not a gaming PC.

You have to admit that this is one great piece of engineering though.

At work we purchased 10 Optiplex 9030 all-in-ones. Warehouse hit one and broke its LCD screen. I had to disassemble it completely to reach the screen, then I copied the part number of the screen and ordered the replacement. Two months later I had to put everything back together, and I had a lot of fun doing it.
Nearly impossible to service... Ha ha ha! At least not with that model. I chose because the manual included instructions on how to replace anything. I can't say the same with other models.

Back