RIAA Accused of Extortion and Conspiracy

HardOCP News

[H] News
Nothing brings a smile to my face like seeing someone fight back against the RIAA. Let’s just hope this starts a trend.

1. Trespass 2. Computer Fraud and Abuse (18 USC 1030) 3. Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices (Fla. Stat. 501.201) 4. Civil Extortion (CA Penal Code 519 & 523) 5. Civil Conspiracy involving (a) use of private investigators without license in violation of Fla. Stat. Chapter 493.

The RIAA lawyers are only good at intimidation. I'm sure you could count on your hands how many times they've actually been inside a courtroom and proceeded with a lawsuit (after settlement demands failed).

RIAA accused of EXTORTION and CONSPIRACY??!?! Never!

lol.

Fuck the RIAA!

I knew eventually they would mess with the wrong person. They finally pissed off someone with enough money to fight back. I hope this goes to trial so it can be cited as an example for future cases.

sorry for the large font and shouting...a little too exuberant over this wonderful news.
Mod please edit if necessary.

So now he can get me for downloading the music I had to listen to while going on that killing rampage because of the violent games that I play!!

Don't those two go hand in hand?

Course, if you do go on that rampage, I'd perfer you target the offices of the RIAA, MPAA, or Jack Thompson. Maybe even in that order. :)

great news, now all thats needed is an order barring the RIAA/MPAA from going to court over these issues and a class-action suit refunding any 'settlements' from those who were bullied.

Why is it we always here about these cases against the RIAA starting, but never about what's happening in the case or how it ended, if indeed it did end?
Maybe it's cuz nobody is winning their cases against the RIAA. I think i've only heard of a handful of cases that have gone to the defendant and some of those are because the person was dead, the person was 3 years old, etc.

Why is it we always here about these cases against the RIAA starting, but never about what's happening in the case or how it ended, if indeed it did end?
Maybe it's cuz nobody is winning their cases against the RIAA. I think i've only heard of a handful of cases that have gone to the defendant and some of those are because the person was dead, the person was 3 years old, etc.

Or maybe its because they target people who can't afford to go to court and thus settle? Or if they put up a fight the RIAA dismisses the charges?

Thank god! Its sad when the only real defense that someone has who cant afford to fight back is to run an unsecure wifi connection. I live for the day that I can enjoy all my bandwidth, instead of having to resort to extreme measures to limit the use of the locals around me.

1.Fuck the RIAA
2. The RIAA needs to start realizing and remembering that they are NOT a federal agency.
3. They just need to GTFO.
4. Fuck the RIAA (just in case noone got the first one.)

1.Fuck the RIAA
2. The RIAA needs to start realizing and remembering that they are NOT a federal agency.
3. They just need to GTFO.
4. Fuck the RIAA (just in case noone got the first one.)

QFT`

I hope the RIAA ends up getting sliced through the gut and having all its money come pouring out back to the people they've been robbing. Artists, consumers, everyone.

I hope the RIAA ends up getting sliced through the gut and having all its money come pouring out back to the people they've been robbing. Artists, consumers, everyone.

Bingo my very same thoughts

Not only are they bulling the consummers but they are also bulling the artist and what not.

i hope for a class action law suit

would that mean anyones who's bought any music over the last 10-15 years could get in on it?!?!?!

would that mean anyones who's bought any music over the last 10-15 years could get in on it?!?!?!

Belive it would be more along the lines of anyone bullied by the RIAA would be entitled to a refund for damages and everything.

the RIAA is like selling you crack and then fining you for snorting

Belive it would be more along the lines of anyone bullied by the RIAA would be entitled to a refund for damages and everything.

I would say it depends on what we find out the RIAA is actually doing.. The CD MAP settlement applied to a lot of people who bought CD's. It will be interesting to see if there are any details that are similar.

I would say it depends on what we find out the RIAA is actually doing.. The CD MAP settlement applied to a lot of people who bought CD's. It will be interesting to see if there are any details that are similar.

would certainly be interesting if they let everyone who bought cds in. That would clean out the RIAA hardcore. lol

Back