RGB RAM: BIOS Control?

DWD1961

[H]ard|Gawd
I have the Gskill Trident RGB RAM, and it isn't controllable through the MB BIOS, as it jsut does it's own default thing no matter what I tell the system RGBs/water block, fans to do just using the BIOS. It is controllable using the software from Giagbte.

I'm wondering if all RAM is like that, or are some able to sync with the BIOS RGB profile?

The gigabyte software should control the memory rgb. If not gskill has software of their own.

https://www.gskill.com/download/1502180912/1551690847/Trident-Z-Family-(RGB,-Royal,-Neo)
It will, but I was wondering if any RGB ram is controllable through the BIOS, like fan RGB and CPU LEDs are? That way I don;t even have to use the software,a nd right on boot, everything boots synced. It probably doesn't matter because the BIOS LED options are pretty limited anyway.

I don’t know of any bios that will do that. And if you think about it, with all the security holes in rgb software, I don’t think you want it in your bios.

I don’t know of any bios that will do that. And if you think about it, with all the security holes in rgb software, I don’t think you want it in your bios.

Software is different from BIOS firmware, though. You ca already control the CPU fan color though the BIOS, adn the built in MB lights. I'm sure tehre is some reason MB manufactureres haven't implemented RAM based DLED BIOS control. If software can configure RAM DLEDs, then there isn't any reason the BIOS couldn't do it.

Perhaps you're on to something about security and BIOS level DLED RAM control?

Thanks for the reply. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something with RAM that I'd like to have, before my Amazon return window closes.

Back