RGB issue with Cooler Master AIO and MSI Mobo

Ohlias

n00b
Hi folks

Haven't built a PC in at least two decades and just recently competed a build with a Ryzen 7 3700x, MSI MAG Tomahawk X570 Mobo and added a Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L V2 RGB AIO to cool the CPU (wanted to dip into water cooling, sorry for the pun ;) )

Mother board and DRAM (G.Skill Trident Z NEO RGB) lighting works through the MSI Mystic Light software. I've routed the 3 RGB connectors together as per the instructions and a YouTube video I consulted. First time is connected it the JRAINBOW1 header which is supposed to be addressable. The Cooler Master halo on the CPI pump lit but I couldn't get the fans to light nor could I change the colours which should have been addressable. I reconnected it to the JRGB1 header and not there are no lights at all...

Any suggestions to help me along? Is it possible those 4-PIN RGB connectors are reversed?

https://hardwarecanucks.com/forum/forums/troubleshooting.45/post-thread

RTFM and make sure that the mobos RGB pin out actually matches what CM says. there was another board maker, maybe asus, that changed the pinout so the cm adapter instructions were incorrect.
ps: that link only works if you have an account...

Back