RGB Fusion Gigabyte 3080 TI extreme auros

Psycrow

Gawd
I got a 3080 ti Gigabyte Auros extreme card with a Asus maximus extreme XIII ( yes i like extreme)
I have installed Armoury crate as default for my motherboard but cant controle the leds on my gpu in that tool.
So i installed RGB fusion 2,0 and it dosent work at all. It looks like this...is that cuz i have armory crate installed ?

View attachment 441851
gb0t6fr9vgg81.png

Yeah, your Gigabyte device is supposed to show up on the left. Doesn't surprise me it doesn't, because Gigabyte's software is crap.

If I were to guess, I'd say you've got some other RGB software installed that conflicts with RGB Fusion. Fusion is notorious for not playing well with others.

Try uninstalling Armory Crate or any other RGB controlling software including RGB Fusion itself. Basically, start over. See if Fusion works on its own. Then start adding others one-by-one. Maybe the order of installation will sort things out for you?

Have you checked to see if Armory Crate alone detects your gpu? While the whole RGB controller software situation is still absurd, a lot of these vendors use the same libraries to detect RGB devices, even if it's not manufactured by said vendor. So it's possible Armory will detect your gpu and let you control the RGB. Can't hurt to try.

In my own personal setup, Fusion conflicts with G.Skill's RGB software. Fusion for me won't even start while the other is running already. I found out through trial and error they can both co-exist, but the order of startup matters. That gets a bit tricky when you want both of them to autorun at startup.

I also use NZXT CAM, and it bitches about Fusion some times.

I see...ye si use aroury crate for my motherboard rgb and ram and phantek neon strips plus an update tool for my drivers.
So uninstalling that tool would leave me with a motherboard in rainbow mode. So i can either choose to have motherboard or gpu in rainbow mode it seems...What about SignalRGB have you tryed that ?
I havent since i dont dare to mess up my system :D

I see...ye si use aroury crate for my motherboard rgb and ram and phantek neon strips plus an update tool for my drivers.
So uninstalling that tool would leave me with a motherboard in rainbow mode. So i can either choose to have motherboard or gpu in rainbow mode it seems...What about SignalRGB have you tryed that ?
I havent since i dont dare to mess up my system :D
You can't control your mobo's RGB thru the bios?

I'm sure that if you mess around a bit with the both software packages you should get it to work. Sometimes something as simple as a reboot can get things running again.

So uninstalling that tool would leave me with a motherboard in rainbow mode. So i can either choose to have motherboard or gpu in rainbow mode it seems...
I wasn't suggesting uninstalling everything as a solution. I was suggesting proving out that RGB Fusion actually works with your device in the first place. You didn't state that you ever got it to work. You install things one step at a time until you can prove out what works with what (and what doesn't).

If you can't control your gpu's rgb lightshow with Armory or anything else other than Gigabyte's own Fusion tool, then odds are Gigabyte is using something proprietary.

Vendors using proprietary methods to control their rgb lightshows should rot in hell. Ideally we should only ever have to install one piece of software to control everything RGB (vendor agnostic).

I would look at services and make sure that the responsible lighting service is started. Well if it exist. I assume it would be cAllen Gigabyte something.

I used the aorus engine software to set the RGB on my RTX 2080 without issue, only ran it once, settings were sticking without ever using it again.

I wasn't suggesting uninstalling everything as a solution. I was suggesting proving out that RGB Fusion actually works with your device in the first place. You didn't state that you ever got it to work. You install things one step at a time until you can prove out what works with what (and what doesn't).

If you can't control your gpu's rgb lightshow with Armory or anything else other than Gigabyte's own Fusion tool, then odds are Gigabyte is using something proprietary.

Vendors using proprietary methods to control their rgb lightshows should rot in hell. Ideally we should only ever have to install one piece of software to control everything RGB (vendor agnostic).
Yes it seems like gigabyte wont work with asus and visa versa...
If i had bought a asus gpu with my asus board then it would work or if i had a gigabyte motherboard. But with all these brands, then it unlikely people only got 1 brand for ther whole pc hardwares.
some people might have but its not many.

Yes i can control my motherboard in bios with the only feature to disable motherboard argb..but my maxius extreme also got a small oled screen that shows temps and other status things using armoury. I would hate to disable that.

If anyone have a fix how to make fusion and armoury software to become friends then share ur info here.

If anyone have a fix how to make fusion and armoury software to become friends then share ur info here.
I did not have to do anything for them to both work like I said in my previous post, it worked on my Maximus XI hero with the 9900k and a Gigabyte RTX 2080 just fine.

I would start by making sure all your software and drivers are up to date and go from there.

I did not have to do anything for them to both work like I said in my previous post, it worked on my Maximus XI hero with the 9900k and a Gigabyte RTX 2080 just fine.

I would start by making sure all your software and drivers are up to date and go from there.

yes my drivers and system are so tomorrow updated ! win 10 updates and nvidia updates and armoury updates auto.
ur the only one i heard that got both working together !!! di dyou also have armory installed??

Back