RFID Wristband

vict0r

[H]ard|Gawd
Good day folks,

I don't know where to place this thread so I thought General Software was a good one since it has to do with software too.

Well I want to know if the following exists and is being offered by a company?
You know like when you go to parties and you can not buy with money at the bar but instead you have to buy tokens? Same goes for festivals and some nightclubs.
Also if there are different sections like VIP and Platinum or whatever they want to call the different areas, sometimes a VIP gets 2 drinks included and Platinum gets like All you can drink.

Well is there like a scanner and software dedicated to this? Like if you go to the "token center" to buy tokens, instead of giving you a small baggie with a lot of tokens for you to carry around, they could give you a wristband and just scan the amount of money/token to your wrist, and once you get to the bar and order your drinks, you just pass your wrist through a scanner and beep beep you lost a few tokens. If you want more you just go to the "token center" and recharge your wristband.
Or at those parties as stated before where there are different "elite" sections like the VIP where you get 2 drinks...you get those 2 drinks on your rfid wristband.

Is there anything like this out there? A company that offers the scanner/software/wristbands ?

It will be highly appreciated if anyone has any clue on this.

thank you a lot!

Craigs Cruisers has a similar setup...

Their games don't take tokens. Instead, you have to load your "tokens" onto a card with a mag strip. When you swipe them at the arcad game, it takes 'x' tokens off your card.

If you could find more information about their system, you might be able to find the company that supplies it. I'm sure they're not the only one using it...

iautomate sells all kinds of rfid tags, watches, collars, keychain, press to activate.

The hardware no doubt exists.

tags (wrist bands suck imo)

reader

...but I'd almost bet all or at least most rfid software that could meet your needs is a proprietary combination of a database and retail POS technology.

Could always do NFC and some NFC Wristbands. They even make stickers and buttons...

You'd just need a program to read them at that point. You could even use your phone...

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Could always do NFC and some NFC Wristbands. They even make stickers and buttons...

You'd just need a program to read them at that point. You could even use your phone...

or that!
the phone

what should i be searching for mate..whats the technology behind "it" called?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back