RF transmitter

Dean C

n00b
I'm looking for some kind of device I can attach to my PC which will allow me to send RF signals to devices. Any ideas :)?

um... what kind of RF signals? what do you want them to do? and why? lol

you could get a wifi card, that would send RF signals?

Um, do you perhaps mean IR?

Because "RF" encompasses everything from VLF, ELF, shortwave, AM, CB, FM, VHF, UHF, cellular, "wifi", and microwave... In fact, just look at this: Radio_frequency.

If you do mean RF, you have to be waaaay more specific about what frequency band you're talking about. As FLECOM pointed out, a wifi card communicates on RF. So does Bluetooth.

If you meant IR, then using the IrDA interface you can get stuff like this: IrDA USB interface.

Maybe xPL Monkey? Can't be sure, but it looks like your device probably uses X10. Search around for rfxcom info. I'm assuming you're NOT in the United States? That device and the 433 MHz band are NOT available in the US.

Yeah, that looks good. Considering it's such a specialized product, 82 euros doesn't seem too bad. They do seem to be gouging a bit as the transmitter alone is 23 euros, though. USB interfaces aren't that expensive. The wifi version would be pretty sweet, but they're outrageously expensive. Good luck with your project.

Maybe xPL Monkey? Can't be sure, but it looks like your device probably uses X10. Search around for rfxcom info. I'm assuming you're NOT in the United States? That device and the 433 MHz band are NOT available in the US.

sure it is, a lot of wireless weather stations use 433 for wireless sensors...

433 is part of the 70cm (420-450) ham band also

Back