RF Online...

LunchboX3904

[H]ard|Gawd
Super cool MMORPG. I got the email from codemasters and figured I'd try it out. I planned on going to bed at 2 but that didn't happen. :p I don't know what it is about this MMO, but it just feels "techy". The GUI design is just plain sweet looking and very sleek. FINALLY, there's an MMORPG I like that is futuristic with guns :D. I found it very easy to learn in practically all aspects of the game, unlike Auto Assault where I had no clue what I was picking up did and no descriptions of stuff anywhere really, whereas this is straight-forward and rather simple. Hopefully someone else is trying it out or has bought already.

from what I understand, don't expect ANYTHING to change though :) what you're doing now you'll be doing forever. Reviews said it seems like a game that they just want your 50 bucks and thats it.

Netrat33 said:
from what I understand, don't expect ANYTHING to change though :) what you're doing now you'll be doing forever. Reviews said it seems like a game that they just want your 50 bucks and thats it.
yea, i looked at the newegg reviews and I'm hesitant to buy it now. I dunno, i'll keep going with the trial for awhile, maybe play it a couple times as different races and see how it goes.

LunchboX3904 said:
yea, i looked at the newegg reviews and I'm hesitant to buy it now. I dunno, i'll keep going with the trial for awhile, maybe play it a couple times as different races and see how it goes.

My favorite review is from IGN that makes fun of the "tag line"

"Pledge your allegiance...to another game"

I was liking it too (beta testing it) but they said it DOESN'T change...I was like..hmmm. I like this for now, but I do want some more story.

Netrat33 said:
My favorite review is from IGN that makes fun of the "tag line"

"Pledge your allegiance...to another game"

I was liking it too (beta testing it) but they said it DOESN'T change...I was like..hmmm. I like this for now, but I do want some more story.
Agreed. Just spent a little time reading reviews and I think I'm just gonna enjoy the trial time. :( makes me kinda sad cause I thought that this would be the MMO that I would like a lot. I guess I would be content with this game IF the guns and weapons were cool enough to be interesting and the game goes at a decent pace. I dont know though. Someday, there will be a futuristic MMO with technology, guns, and sweet looks that is good. MARK MY WORDS!! :p

I picked this game up just because it looked cool and was not WoW.

There is nothing wrong with WoW.. in fact.. its one of the greatest mmorpgs in my book.
But when you play wow as long as I have.. you start to look for the "next best thing"

RF looked good.. it reminded me of Lineage 2 graphically.
But the gameplay is a treadmill.. just like L2..
But L2 had some tactics.. RF.. well..

Pot spamming is the norm, both pve and pvp
I ran around with hundreds of red pots to level my skills.
And if someone tried to "gank" me.. I just insta teleported out.
Or if I was bored.. exchanged fire with my opponent while downing pots.

Money is really easy to farm.. as a matter of fact you don't even need to be at your computer. AFK mining is not frowned upon but actually encouraged!

Skills level up as you use it. this process is so painful that a macro system is in the works.

And for me?

I rolled an undead warrior alt on ner'zhul to play with rl friends

LunchboX3904 said:
Agreed. Just spent a little time reading reviews and I think I'm just gonna enjoy the trial time. :( makes me kinda sad cause I thought that this would be the MMO that I would like a lot. I guess I would be content with this game IF the guns and weapons were cool enough to be interesting and the game goes at a decent pace. I dont know though. Someday, there will be a futuristic MMO with technology, guns, and sweet looks that is good. MARK MY WORDS!! :p

Dude I know the feeling. I was really liking FFXI this month until I realized I put 40 hours and I'm no where and no one still is partying up with me in a game that pretty much requires grouping up.

Back