Rezound vs. RAZR vs. Skyrocket

Rezound vs. RAZR vs. Skyrocket

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For the record where have I ever said I hate the Rezound? It's great hardware and if I could get an unlocked one so I could kill off Sense and get timely updates I would. However, HTC is quickly becoming the next Motorola so chances are that won't happen.

I do hate (as do many others) the overhype some HTC shills have drummed up about the Rezound and Beats.

Beat Audio on Rezound is not overhype. I just got my Rezound and I immediately like this feature. Check out the reviews on the Internet if you haven't.

Many people choose a phone first before choosing a carrier, and they are not idiots or fools. If you are not one of them, sorry this poll is not for you. I have to say that this thread is not designed for people like you.

well the poll is completely worthless as it is, and you made your purchase, go live with it, you don't want to listen to reason, you want to live in a fairy land

Definition: Chui
Forum poster on [H] who is solely responsible for 20% market share drop for HTC for spewing of vitriol and idiocy.

Definition: Chui
Forum poster on [H] who is solely responsible for 20% market share drop for HTC for spewing of vitriol and idiocy.

Don't worry. There are only few assholes who deliberately vote against Rezound here.

Actually, I am not surprised to see that people choose Galaxy S2, as the market hype of AMOLED is doing great. I have to "admire" Samsung for marketing a screen with oversaturated color and falsely reported resolution as a superior product.

But I am surprised to see that people chooses RAZR instead of Rezound. This RAZR sucks in so many ways, man.

falsely reported resolution
That is utter FUD, Super AMOLED Plus uses RGB pixels, not Pentile.

And evidently you don't visit audiophile sites for audio quality reviews on headphones to know that any phone with Beats has an equalizer preset that overdoes the bass, irrespective of whether Beats Audio is turned on or off.

Also, the 'market hype' on Beats is a lot worse than AMOLED screens, considering Beats has no redeeming value whatsoever (horrible at everything except hip hop and rap genres, and even then gets beaten by cheaper headphones in those)

Last edited:
Actually, I am not surprised to see that people choose Galaxy S2, as the market hype of AMOLED is doing great. I have to "admire" Samsung for marketing a screen with oversaturated color and falsely reported resolution as a superior product.

now the truth starts to seep out, that you really don't know what you are talking about and you haven't even researched the other devices enough to even know what you are saying is not true, which exposes you as the troll you are

That is utter FUD, Super AMOLED Plus uses RGB pixels, not Pentile.

And evidently you don't visit audiophile sites for audio quality reviews on headphones to know that any phone with Beats has an equalizer preset that overdoes the bass, irrespective of whether Beats Audio is turned on or off.

Also, the 'market hype' on Beats is a lot worse than AMOLED screens, considering Beats has no redeeming value whatsoever (horrible at everything except hip hop and rap genres, and even then gets beaten by cheaper headphones in those)

agreed, every product with the "Beats" name has gotten reviews that say it is more marketing than anything, a placebo which is the opposite of Samsung's SAMOLED+ screen technology.

you should get a pair of good headphones and listen to a Samsung GalaxyS based device, Fascinate, Charge, SII (that have been treated to the Voodoo Control Plus application.....they all have Wolfson audio that is gimped from the factory and supercurios app unlocks functionality that is actually said to be capable of driving very high end 300ohm audiophile grade headphones. Actually the work of supercurio has exposed superior sound, screen, and memory system abilities that Samsung does not utilize at all making the overall experience much improved.

you see chui, you have to actually do your homework on the devices you are looking at before you make a decision. carrier is only one aspect that can make or break a device as the best device on a shitty carrier is still a shitty device

the hidden hardware capabilities of the device in question should be paramount as it is what makes these android handsets such a great deal, but you have to be willing to do your homework, research and reading and be actually willing to put some thought into your purchases so you actually get the best device in the end. The best device would also have the most likelihood of access to root, source, etc.....which again means nothing if you can root and rom the shit out of your device but it's a GSM device and you have no GSM coverage where you use it the most.

now the truth starts to seep out, that you really don't know what you are talking about and you haven't even researched the other devices enough to even know what you are saying is not true, which exposes you as the troll you are

agreed, every product with the "Beats" name has gotten reviews that say it is more marketing than anything, a placebo which is the opposite of Samsung's SAMOLED+ screen technology.

you should get a pair of good headphones and listen to a Samsung GalaxyS based device, Fascinate, Charge, SII (that have been treated to the Voodoo Control Plus application.....they all have Wolfson audio that is gimped from the factory and supercurios app unlocks functionality that is actually said to be capable of driving very high end 300ohm audiophile grade headphones. Actually the work of supercurio has exposed superior sound, screen, and memory system abilities that Samsung does not utilize at all making the overall experience much improved.

you see chui, you have to actually do your homework on the devices you are looking at before you make a decision. carrier is only one aspect that can make or break a device as the best device on a shitty carrier is still a shitty device

the hidden hardware capabilities of the device in question should be paramount as it is what makes these android handsets such a great deal, but you have to be willing to do your homework, research and reading and be actually willing to put some thought into your purchases so you actually get the best device in the end. The best device would also have the most likelihood of access to root, source, etc.....which again means nothing if you can root and rom the shit out of your device but it's a GSM device and you have no GSM coverage where you use it the most.
Hmm interesting, I wonder what the Rezound uses chip wise.

Correction. The sentence should be written as:

"Actually, I am not surprised to see that people choose Galaxy S2, as the market hype of AMOLED is doing great. I have to "admire" Samsung for marketing a screen with oversaturated color and *below-average* resolution as a superior product."

Last edited:

Currently, all SAMOLED+ screens have a below-average resolution. This alone is the BIGGEST disadvantage.

The true 720p LCD screen on Rezound is far superior because of (1) ultra high resolution, and (2) color accuracy. I enjoyed a night of watching Starcraft screencasts by day9, Husky and HD on my Rezound. Volia, the video is very very clear!!! I finally get a cellphone that can play the video in HD mode. I can even see the tiny numbers and scores on the screen clearly, which is impossible in all other phones in the market, including RAZR and SGS2.

Good luck to people who are waiting for Galaxy Nexus Prime. I am afraid you can't see those scores clearly on Galaxy Nexus Prime because the 720p resolution Samsung advertised is ***fake***. Shamed on you, Samsung.

Last edited:

I don't need to get a pair of good headphones, as Rezound comes with a very high-quality headphone already. Sorry to ones who bought SGS2 and RAZR, as they need to pay another $100-$200 for a pair of good headphones. And you don't get the software side of the Beat Audio, which is designed specially to drive the Beat Audio headphones.

I enjoyed a night of superior sound quality with Beat Audio headphones. The quality of the headphone is great. I do notice the difference before and after using the Beat Audio feature immediately.

I also tested out the camera on the phone. Wow. its performance in low night environments is great.

Beat Audio won't magically turn your crappy songs into good songs. It won't turn classic into hip pop. But it does turn your music with a fuller sound and stronger bass. For audiophiles, this is a good reason to choose Rezound.

Not true for a lot of people who chooses a phone before a carrier. PERIOD.

For me, the best device would not be about accessing to root, source, etc, but *the best hardware spec*, and HTC Rezound's hardware spec is the best among these three phones, and all the phones in the near future.

Last edited:

strange i know none of those people, and you would be the only person in 6 years of being on these forums that I have ever heard of, and a good phone on a shitty network is still a shitty phone, go ahead, disconnect your service and tell me how good your phone works then

strange i know none of those people, and you would be the only person in 6 years of being on these forums that I have ever heard of, and a good phone on a shitty network is still a shitty phone, go ahead, disconnect your service and tell me how good your phone works then

It is strange you have such a biased view of the world. Take a look at the other threads about Galaxy Nexus to see how many are waiting to buy this phone. They don't care which carriers will carry the phone; they will buy it no matter what.

It is strange you have such a biased view of the world. Take a look at the other threads about Galaxy Nexus to see how many are waiting to buy this phone. They don't care which carriers will carry the phone; they will buy it no matter what.

biased view of the world? what are you 12 yrs old? these are cell phones we are talking about, not world views

no they wont chui, especially if Verizon does not have good coverage or if they just signed a contract with ATT.......there are lots of reasons people dont just run out and get the newest phone without taking the rest into account. I know lots of people that have been wanting one of the new Android handsets that are on Verizon, but they don't have one Chui. Do you know why Chui? It's because they are either still under contract to ATT or they just upgraded to the iPhone 4S on ATT. Now they see these new phones for a penny and want one, but they don't do it, because they are tied to a carrier. Do you understand?

they know that part of owning the phone is being on the Verizon network, they accept that, but if it only worked on ATT it would not be as popular, because on ATT you can't get 4G like you can on Verizon for one....another feature that makes the carrier as important as the device. The two are not mutually exclusive. You cannot have a super fast 4G smartphone without a carrier, just like you can't have a great network if you didn't have top phones to choose from.

It takes both. Really Chui? If you lived in an area where Verizon had no coverage, and you were only halfway into a contract with ATT, you would just blindly run out and buy an HTC Rezound on Verizon under contract? So you would now have two cell phones and two cell phone bills from two different carriers? Just because you run out and buy a new phone because you think it's cool? That is the most ignorant thing I have ever heard.

Last edited:
Beat Audio on Rezound is not overhype. I just got my Rezound and I immediately like this feature. Check out the reviews on the Internet if you haven't.

Ok I will...

If we take a step back from all these charts and consider the fundamental value of what Beats Audio achieves, then we have to come down squarely on the side of the skeptics. No matter how much effort we put into testing this thing, the fact remains that these 'sound profiles' are just EQ settings.

Sure, you might think lossless is overkill, and you might not have the patience or the time required to experiment with your own EQs. But we think that anyone who loves listening to music would surely appreciate having full control, and if HTC was true to its marketing they would have made this possible. If, in addition to Dre's EQ and headphones, Beats Audio also meant we had an amazing stock player, with tons of EQ customization and a better user interface than PowerAMP, we'd be happy. If HTC went whole hog and threw in a high-end DAC to improve the overall quality of the XE's output, we'd be over the moon. There's still plenty of time for HTC to make improvements like that, but until then we can only conclude that Beats Audio is mostly a gimmick.

The Beats Audio software isn't complete marketing vapor, but it's still inherently gimmicky and adds nothing in the XE's favor: you could achieve a better result on the original Sensation simply by downloading a third-party music player that lets you play with the EQ settings yourself.

And quite frankly, they end up offering a good overall listening experience -- as long as you're listening to tracks that are thick on the bass and the Beats Audio is enabled, that is. Even then, it's not that much better than our enjoyment of the HTC Vivid music player using a $100 pair of earphones from a competitor. Also, disable the Beats Audio enhancement and listen as your music dramatically becomes much more quiet, the EQ flattening in traumatic fashion. And there's no way to customize the sound profile to fit your own wishes, regardless of whether Beats is enabled or not.

Review of the Rezound. Also review of the Beats Audio with a variety of tests. I actually went down to the Verizon store last night to check out the phones. Honestly, I thought the size and heft of the Rezound was about perfect. It isn't as thick as the reviews make it out to be and side by side with the Razr it really doesn't seem or feel twice the size of it. Honestly, between both phones being .01 cent on Amazon right now I would have a hard time deciding between the two. The feel of both was great and I think that either phone will be an excellent choice. Beats is a gimmick from pretty much every review I find, but the camera is pretty impressive. Sense 3.5 has a lot of drawbacks to it and should be wiped off the phone, since in regards to the new Sense 3.5 :(

And we know you're curious about how many of these glorious space-suckers are uninstallable: none of them. Not a single one. Zilch. Oh, and it gets better -- unlike TouchWiz 4.0, the Sense UI doesn't have any ability to store these eyesores into folders, nor can it even filter them into categories for easier organization. You're stuck with 'em through thick and thin. The only alternative is to use the frequent tab in the app tray to filter down to only those apps you use often. When it comes to bloatware, Verizon's the worst offender, and it appears that it's not getting any better.

Overall, Rezound appears to be a great phone with a few drawbacks. Nothing that can't be fixed by rooting it, which is pretty much how I feel about the Razr. If we can't get a clear date on the Nexus, then more than likely I'll pick up the Rezound on the Amazon sale and sell it after the nexus hits if the reviews consider it a substantial upgrade over the Rezound or Razr.

no they wont chui, especially if Verizon does not have good coverage or if they just signed a contract with ATT.......there are lots of reasons people dont just run out and get the newest phone without taking the rest into account. I know lots of people that have been wanting one of the new Android handsets that are on Verizon, but they don't have one Chui. Do you know why Chui? It's because they are either still under contract to ATT or they just upgraded to the iPhone 4S on ATT. Now they see these new phones for a penny and want one, but they don't do it, because they are tied to a carrier. Do you understand?

they know that part of owning the phone is being on the Verizon network, they accept that, but if it only worked on ATT it would not be as popular, because on ATT you can't get 4G like you can on Verizon for one....another feature that makes the carrier as important as the device. The two are not mutually exclusive. You cannot have a super fast 4G smartphone without a carrier, just like you can't have a great network if you didn't have top phones to choose from.

It takes both. Really Chui? If you lived in an area where Verizon had no coverage, and you were only halfway into a contract with ATT, you would just blindly run out and buy an HTC Rezound on Verizon under contract? So you would now have two cell phones and two cell phone bills from two different carriers? Just because you run out and buy a new phone because you think it's cool? That is the most ignorant thing I have ever heard.

The point is there are a large number of people who don't care who is the carrier, not that there are a lot of people like you who cares about the carriers more than their phones.

It is just a simple logical reasoning. Really no clue why you can't get it.

The point is there are a large number of people who don't care who is the carrier, not that there are a lot of people like you who cares about the carriers more than their phones.

It is just a simple logical reasoning. Really no clue why you can't get it.

You didnt answer any of the questions that specifically pertain to why you have to take carrier into account. It's completely illogical and ignorant and is the opposite of logical. Logical reasoning would take into account the carrier, cost of service, quality of service, length of contract, coverage in area used most. Those are things the phone cannot do by itself. It is logical to understand that the phone is only part of the equation and means nothing if the other conditions are not met. That's why you cannot explain it. Because it is NOT logical to "just go grab a phone" when you cannot use a phone without a contract with a carrier. Look at it this way, the phone is limited by the carrier in it's functionality. It cannot perform all of it's features without the carrier network. The network however exists fine and can do what it does regardless of what phone you put on it. So you run out an buy a neato phone because it has "OMG Beats audio" (gimmick) and find out afterwards that you get constant dropped calls and shitty overall service from your phone. No matter what features that phone has, you cannot fix a shitty network with a neato top dollar phone. So the logical thing to do is determine what network works best where you intend to use it, then find the best phone that is available on that network. That is how 99% of people choose a phone Chui. That's a fact.

Last edited:
You didnt answer any of the questions that specifically pertain to why you have to take carrier into account. It's completely illogical and ignorant and is the opposite of logical. Logical reasoning would take into account the carrier, cost of service, quality of service, length of contract, coverage in area used most. Those are things the phone cannot do by itself. It is logical to understand that the phone is only part of the equation and means nothing if the other conditions are not met. That's why you cannot explain it. Because it is NOT logical to "just go grab a phone" when you cannot use a phone without a contract with a carrier. Look at it this way, the phone is limited by the carrier in it's functionality. It cannot perform all of it's features without the carrier network. The network however exists fine and can do what it does regardless of what phone you put on it. So you run out an buy a neato phone because it has "OMG Beats audio" (gimmick) and find out afterwards that you get constant dropped calls and shitty overall service from your phone. No matter what features that phone has, you cannot fix a shitty network with a neato top dollar phone. So the logical thing to do is determine what network works best where you intend to use it, then find the best phone that is available on that network. That is how 99% of people choose a phone Chui. That's a fact.

As I said this poll is not for you, as you choose carriers before choosing a phone. This poll is for someone who don't care what carriers are for the phones. So please leave and don't mess up this thread, okay?

As I said this poll is not for you, as you choose carriers before choosing a phone. This poll is for someone who don't care what carriers are for the phones. So please leave and don't mess up this thread, okay?

Many people have pointed out to you the poll is full of fail, why don't you fix the poll so it is valid? You messed it up by making an invalid poll before I ever commented. If you are going to make statements, be prepared to back them up.

besides, you already bought your gimmicky phone, what does it matter now anyways? you're under contract now chui. You are stuck with it and the Verizon network. You cannot take your beats phone to another network. It is a slave to the network and you are a slave to the contract. That is why you cannot simply choose a phone without taking into account the network. Go ahead and stop paying your bill and see how cool your phone is then.

Many people have pointed out to you the poll is full of fail, why don't you fix the poll so it is valid? You messed it up by making an invalid poll before I ever commented. If you are going to make statements, be prepared to back them up.

besides, you already bought your gimmicky phone, what does it matter now anyways? you're under contract now chui. You are stuck with it and the Verizon network. You cannot take your beats phone to another network. It is a slave to the network and you are a slave to the contract. That is why you cannot simply choose a phone without taking into account the network. Go ahead and stop paying your bill and see how cool your phone is then.

This poll is so far successful as quite a few people voted. I won't update this poll because of what you think. You are just a little guy with sole intention to mess up this thread/poll.

hey Chui

33 votes out of 61 replies and 1,070 views

that is the very definition of a failed poll

it is as failed as your logic, hence why you cannot recognize it's failure

hey Chui

33 votes out of 61 replies and 1,070 views

that is the very definition of a failed poll

it is as failed as your logic, hence why you cannot recognize it's failure

Replying your posts is an insult of my intelligence. Go ahead and continue to be a troll and pollute this thread.
You are not affecting me but people who read this thread in order to decide to buy one of these phones.

Last edited:
This is actually an interesting poll to me.
I'm currently on AT&T with iPhone 3GS, out of contract. I'm open to any carrier right now and tempted to move over to Verizon because my AT&T network sucks.

I was all set to get the Nexus Prime since that was attracting all the buzz. Since that launch has been a complete debacle I was tempted to go for iPhone 4S but this Amazon $0.01 thing has caught my attention. While I was not considering any of the $0.01 phones the question essentially is whether the Nexus or iPhone 4S are worth $300 more!

Decisions....

Thank you for your interest. I am also buying a new phone in this holiday season.
Notice that most of these phones will eventually be upgraded to ICS early next year.
Furthermore, in my opinion, the hardware spec of Nexus Prime sucks, especially when
compared with HTC Rezound. I see no reason to wait if you can get the deal now.

Forgot to reply your post, Climber. Sorry.

Review of the Rezound. Also review of the Beats Audio with a variety of tests. I actually went down to the Verizon store last night to check out the phones. Honestly, I thought the size and heft of the Rezound was about perfect. It isn't as thick as the reviews make it out to be and side by side with the Razr it really doesn't seem or feel twice the size of it. Honestly, between both phones being .01 cent on Amazon right now I would have a hard time deciding between the two. The feel of both was great and I think that either phone will be an excellent choice.

Then maybe you should choose based on the resolution of the screen. You can play full 720p video on Rezound, but Razr can't.

All SAMOLED+ screens have a below-average resolution. This alone is the BIGGEST disadvantage.

The true 720p LCD screen on Rezound is far superior because of (1) ultra high resolution, and (2) color accuracy. I enjoyed a night of watching Starcraft screencasts by day9, Husky and HD on my Rezound. Volia, the video is very very clear!!! I finally get a cellphone that can play the video in HD mode. I can even see the tiny numbers and scores on the screen clearly, which is impossible in all other phones in the market, including RAZR and SGS2.

Good luck to people who are waiting for Galaxy Nexus Prime. I am afraid you can't see those scores clearly on Galaxy Nexus Prime because the 720p resolution Samsung advertised is ***fake***.

Beats is a gimmick from pretty much every review I find, but the camera is pretty impressive.

Let me point out the faults in the reasoning in the reviews quotes:

If we take a step back from all these charts and consider the fundamental value of what Beats Audio achieves, then we have to come down squarely on the side of the skeptics. No matter how much effort we put into testing this thing, the fact remains that these 'sound profiles' are just EQ settings.

Well, I think the algorithm used in Beat Audio is more complicated than an EQ settings. Saying that "these 'sound profiles' are just EQ settings." Beat Audio can boost the sound quality of a wide range of songs thus no single EQ setting can do this.

Sure, you might think lossless is overkill, and you might not have the patience or the time required to experiment with your own EQs. But we think that anyone who loves listening to music would surely appreciate having full control, and if HTC was true to its marketing they would have made this possible.

Since the reviewer acknowledges that people won't have the patience or time to play with the equalizer, he should see the value of Beat Audio which do the magic for the listeners.

Bur for people who needs full control, they can still turn off beat audio function and use their EQ editor to tune their songs. Go ahead to see how far they can go.

If, in addition to Dre's EQ and headphones, Beats Audio also meant we had an amazing stock player, with tons of EQ customization and a better user interface than PowerAMP, we'd be happy. If HTC went whole hog and threw in a high-end DAC to improve the overall quality of the XE's output, we'd be over the moon. There's still plenty of time for HTC to make improvements like that, but until then we can only conclude that Beats Audio is mostly a gimmick.

Not everyone wants to spend a lot of time and money to go "high-end".
For many users, a simple button that can improve sound quality substantially
is all they want.

The Beats Audio software isn't complete marketing vapor, but it's still inherent
ly gimmicky and adds nothing in the XE's favor: you could achieve a better result on the original Sensation simply by downloading a third-party music player that lets you play with the EQ settings yourself.

Once again, people won't spend time to tune the EQ setting themselves. They may be able to tune a few songs, but tuning hundred of songs is difficult. That is why we need something like Beat Audio, which can enhance the sound quality of a wide range of songs, not just a few songs.

And quite frankly, they end up offering a good overall listening experience -- as long as you're listening to tracks that are thick on the bass and the Beats Audio is enabled, that is. Even then, it's not that much better than our enjoyment of the HTC Vivid music player using a $100 pair of earphones from a competitor. Also, disable the Beats Audio enhancement and listen as your music dramatically becomes much more quiet, the EQ flattening in traumatic fashion. And there's no way to customize the sound profile to fit your own wishes, regardless of whether Beats is enabled or not.

The reviewer acknowledges that Beat Audio offers good overall listening experience with a class of songs. For this class of songs, you won't want to listen it quietly!

For Rezound users, they don't need to spend another $100 or more to buy an earphone; they get one for free.

It is not true that you can't customize the sound profile; you can still use an equalizer to tune the EQ setting yourself. But you can't tune the Beat Audio's algorithm.

Sense 3.5 has a lot of drawbacks to it and should be wiped off the phone, since in regards to the new Sense 3.5 :(

Don't know why people hate Sense. Probably only the people who insists to unroot and hack into the phone. But for normal users, Sense is a good enough interface. Actually, it is a pretty interface.

SII and Galaxy Note use an inferior Yamaha chip. The SII originally shipped with a broken driver, and even though it's been fixed (before/after fix quality can be seen in SGSII/Note review on GSMArena), it still doesn't hit the quality of the old SGS.

I don't need to get a pair of good headphones, as Rezound comes with a very high-quality headphone already. Sorry to ones who bought SGS2 and RAZR, as they need to pay another $100-$200 for a pair of good headphones. And you don't get the software side of the Beat Audio, which is designed specially to drive the Beat Audio headphones.

I enjoyed a night of superior sound quality with Beat Audio headphones. The quality of the headphone is great. I do notice the difference before and after using the Beat Audio feature immediately.

I also tested out the camera on the phone. Wow. its performance in low night environments is great.

Beat Audio won't magically turn your crappy songs into good songs. It won't turn classic into hip pop. But it does turn your music with a fuller sound and stronger bass. For audiophiles, this is a good reason to choose Rezound.

For me, the best device would not be about accessing to root, source, etc, but *the best hardware spec*, and HTC Rezound's hardware spec is the best among these three phones, and all the phones in the near future.
I lol'd at the part where you says "For audiophiles, this is a good reason to choose Rezound." I'll just copy and paste this from the GSMArena review on the Beats Audio in the Sensation XE:
We are not quite sure where to start with the HTC Sensation XE audio output. During our test we were surprised to find out that there was no way to turn off the audio enhancements on the phone. Even if you disable the Beats audio option, the HTC enhancements are automatically activated, so there's no way to get what's regarded as a "clean" audio output from this one.
And while turning on certain equalizer presets are what most people prefer anyway, real audiophiles know that it's the perfectly clean, untouched audio output that makes a great music player.
Now the good news is that the rest of the readings in our test were pretty good. The HTC Sensation XE did spectacularly in the active external amplifier part of the test. It was one of the loudest smartphones we have seen (it even outdid the iPhone 4S) and achieved some excellent scores.
Unfortunately, that frequency response can in no way be interpreted as a good result. We get it that people like deep bass and everything, but why not give them the option to also turn it off?
gsmarena_a001.png
Audiophiles will not be bothered with the Rezound, they'd in fact steer clear away from it!. Only bassheads, and people wanting the brand effect would be buying that... and people who buy based on brand names would have got the 4S instead.

I will agree on the part where a lot of people choose a phone before a carrier... trouble is this applies mostly to people outside the US where every carrier uses GSM phones, and swapping carriers is as simple as plugging in another carrier's SIM card. And your poll is aimed towards US buyers, since among all the phones you mentioned, the Rezound won't show up outside the US.

Last edited:
I got a Rezound, but I'm not going to keep it.... it's not worth it.

Good luck to people who are waiting for Galaxy Nexus Prime. I am afraid you can't see those scores clearly on Galaxy Nexus Prime because the 720p resolution Samsung advertised is ***fake***.

Reviews are already out on the Nexus screen, most of which do nothing but praise it's quality. A few are even saying it is currently the best on the market. So to keep rehashing the line about super amoled screens is asinine.

Let me point out the faults in the reasoning in the reviews quotes...

Chiu, you just seriously demonstrated the most mind numbing lack of understanding regarding EQ's and did nothing to refute any of the points in the tests or in the reviews.

As far as Sense 3.5 being pretty? I'm sure it is but the amount of bloatware and the lack of features on 3.5 means it needs to go.

Not saying the Rezound is a bad phone, I actually liked it surprisingly enough; however, to keep spreading FUD about the Nexus and continuing to ignore the negatives about the Rezound is not helping your case.

Reviews are already out on the Nexus screen, most of which do nothing but praise it's quality. A few are even saying it is currently the best on the market. So to keep rehashing the line about super amoled screens is asinine.

Well, while they claims it is the best, but in my opinion their claims is not true because HTC screen is even better. And I have told you my reasons why Nexus screen is not as good: fake 720p resolution and oversaturated color.

You have to watch some HD videos on youtube with some very small characters in order to see the difference. For instance, watch a Starcraft screencast and check whether you can see the scores clearly.

I am simply telling you the fact. And these facts are surprisingly ignored most reviews. And I am here to help.

Chiu, you just seriously demonstrated the most mind numbing lack of understanding regarding EQ's and did nothing to refute any of the points in the tests or in the reviews.

Actually, it is you who seriously failed to understand my point. Asking users to use an equalizer tune every song is impractical, and that is why we need somethings like Beat Audio.

Do you know programming? If so, the beat audio is just like a compiler. While people can write very fast and optimized programs using assembly language, most, if not all, programer won't use assembly language but a compiler, because writing program in assembly language is hard. That is why people are willing sacrifice speed for easy of programming.

Similarly, especting users to use equalizer is unrealistic, and things like beat audio is the way to go. Beat Audio may not be the best. But it is first of the kind, in my opinion.

As far as Sense 3.5 being pretty? I'm sure it is but the amount of bloatware and the lack of features on 3.5 means it needs to go.

Bloatware exists on every phone except a few like Google-brand phones. So what's the difference?

You keep saying some features are missing. But I really can't see any.

Not saying the Rezound is a bad phone, I actually liked it surprisingly enough; however, to keep spreading FUD about the Nexus and continuing to ignore the negatives about the Rezound is not helping your case.

I am not spreading FUB about Nexus. It actually sucks.

I never ignored the negatives of Rezound. Its size is relatively large (but it feels good on hand because of its size), and its battery life is short. I have told people about that since the first posts. It is you who didn't read them. Don't say that I deliberately ignore them.

Last edited:
During our test we were surprised to find out that there was no way to turn off the audio enhancements on the phone.

I would take the reviews of a stupid reviewer lightly. He doesn't know how to turn off the audio enhancement. In fact, he can simply download another audio player to test without Beat Audio. And he further said "real audiophiles know that it's the perfectly clean, untouched audio output that makes a great music player." Clearly, it is just his own philosophy and his preference, which is not representative of "real audiophiles ".

He's referring to the stock music player apparently, since I already know Beats Audio only works on the stock HTC music app.

If it's his own philosophy, you obviously haven't been to audiophile sites like head-fi.org etc. where 95%++ of people there subscribe to the same line of thought.

Beat Audio may not be the best. But it is first of the kind, in my opinion
A V-shaped or S-shaped EQ is the first of it's kind? :confused:

Why would you need to "tune every song"? Do you think the Beats software is some kind of Dr. Dre artificial intelligence and not an EQ setting?
http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/13/htc-sensation-xe-with-beats-audio-review/ said:
No matter how much effort we put into testing this thing, the fact remains that these 'sound profiles' are just EQ settings.

If you've ever done any ABX testing, you'll know that level-matching is really important; the louder choice almost always sounds 'better'. The Beats-mode EQ makes everything louder than default. The weakness of human psychology. :eek:

The fact the Beats-mode default player doesn't play any lossless formats is also rather telling as to what their goals were, as well. ;)

Feel free to peruse these two threads to find better alternatives to Beats for much less: http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/sho...phones-reviewed-denon-ah-d1100-added-10-30-11 and http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-205-iems-compared-j-phonic-k2-sp-added-11-13-11 Definitely my favorite/most useful threads on all of Head-Fi.

The Beats Solo review pretty much says it all:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-95-portable-headphones-reviewed-denon-ah-d1100-added-10-30-11 said:
Are the Beats Solo particularly poor headphones in my opinion? No – as with the Beats Tour IEMs, there is value for those who actually like the congested presentation and shouty dynamics of the headphones. The sound signature of the Beats will never be called ‘hi-fi’ in the strictest sense but there’s no point in judging a sound signature so I can only say that audio fidelity is not a strong suit of the beats.
Audio fidelity that can be matched (even bested) by $15 headphones. It is probably futile to attempt to stave off an argument about fidelity, but just in case:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_fidelity said:
High fidelity—or hi-fi—reproduction is a term used by home stereo listeners and home audio enthusiasts (audiophiles) to refer to high-quality reproduction of sound [1] or images, to distinguish it from the poorer quality sound produced by inexpensive audio equipment. Ideally, high-fidelity equipment has minimal amounts of noise and distortion and an accurate frequency response.

this guy is so wrong on so many levels....lol.....every time he opens his mouth another fallacy comes out and every time someone refutes it he has nothing to say to defend his position other than "well that's their opinion, the HTC Rezound is the OMG best phone evar!!"

I'm a bit confused here; because on the rezound the beats enhancements only kick in when you use beats earphones and htc music player. so does that mean it peforms different than the sensation xe ? Also I wonder how it compares to the razr. This is mostly curiousity; music is really my priority when picking a phone. The preimlinary on the nexus is not that positive (there was a fellow who indicated that the nexus used a ti chipset and there was clipping at low and high end).

SII and Galaxy Note use an inferior Yamaha chip. The SII originally shipped with a broken driver, and even though it's been fixed (before/after fix quality can be seen in SGSII/Note review on GSMArena), it still doesn't hit the quality of the old SGS.

I lol'd at the part where you says "For audiophiles, this is a good reason to choose Rezound." I'll just copy and paste this from the GSMArena review on the Beats Audio in the Sensation XE:
Audiophiles will not be bothered with the Rezound, they'd in fact steer clear away from it!. Only bassheads, and people wanting the brand effect would be buying that... and people who buy based on brand names would have got the 4S instead.

I will agree on the part where a lot of people choose a phone before a carrier... trouble is this applies mostly to people outside the US where every carrier uses GSM phones, and swapping carriers is as simple as plugging in another carrier's SIM card. And your poll is aimed towards US buyers, since among all the phones you mentioned, the Rezound won't show up outside the US.

Made the jump to an Andriod phone after using my iphone 3g that has lasted me almost 3 years now. I think i was due for a upgrade and decided to go with the Razr. Only downfall i left ATT that i had no contract, and had to get a 2 year contract w/ Verizon, but i was sick of dropping calls all the time.

He's referring to the stock music player apparently, since I already know Beats Audio only works on the stock HTC music app.

If it's his own philosophy, you obviously haven't been to audiophile sites like head-fi.org etc. where 95%++ of people there subscribe to the same line of thought.

Well. After all, Beat Audio's headphone is not a top-of-the-line product. It is just a $100-$200 headphone. I didn't claim it is the best audio systems in the world. If you are willing to pay more, you can always find somethings to beat it.

Better than average at no cost is what Beat Audio offers you.

Back