REVODRIVE + ASrock Extreme4 (Very slow write speeds) Help requested.

crydex

Weaksauce
:confused:I recently built a new system containing an Asrock Extreme4, i5 3570k, and the original RevoDrive. I am experiencing extremely slow write times with the revodrive. Windows index reports the SSD as 7.9 (only benchmark I have atm) but it still feels incredibly slow. For example, installation of AMD GPU drivers take approximately 40 minutes.
Under windows, the OCZ toolbox cannot detect that I have the revodrive installed.

I have changed the bios settings from IDE, AHCI, to RAID with little or no noticeable improvement. Can anyone offer any advice on how to get this thing functioning properly?

The BIOS settings for hard drive operation mode shouldn't matter - the RevoDrive has its own RAID controller and SATA operation internal to itself.

Is there some way you can check the speed on the slot you have the RevoDrive installed in? It should be running at 4x. Sometimes, having more than 1 graphics card installed can affect the speed of other slots. You may need to check the motherboard user manual. You can also consider switching which slot its in as a troubleshooting step.

Also, do you have any other hard drives attached to the system? I have seen sometimes that a partially failed hard drive will ruin system I/O performance regardless of the health of other disks. May be worth it to remove other disks and test again if you do.

I don't think OCZ provides any health testing tools for the RevoDrives... because they run RAID. You may be able to enter the RevoDrive RAID interface at boot time and maybe inside there you will find SMART status?

Back