Review: X-bit Compares the Entire nVidia Line

So it seems the difference between 320mb and 640mb on the GTS is pretty negligible?

Yeah, I've seen other sites showing the extra memory gives the 640 a huge boost over 320mb on the 8800gts especially in COH.

I might have been a problem with earlier drivers. Iv read somewhere the drivers werent managing the amount of memory correctly.

I concur, 1600x1200 is rather suspect...man I'm so spoiled with Hard's reviews as I can't tell what these games are running at (settings), damn these slackers. Not like this review is needed though. My largely OC'd 640MB GTS gets me close to GTX performance often enough so this is all meh regardless. Someone bring my monitor out of standby when Crysis' recommended settings are released and/or a demo is benched.:eek:

Problem with this review is that it doesn't tell us what settings are there. Shadows for instance can be very taxing but without knowing whether HDR, shadows, etc. are on, who knows how much memory usage the games are really running.

Problem with this review is that it doesn't tell us what settings are there. Shadows for instance can be very taxing but without knowing whether HDR, shadows, etc. are on, who knows how much memory usage the games are really running.

FTA: "We selected the highest possible graphics quality level in each game using standard tools provided by the game itself."

Back