Review: Widmovr Lense Adapter

RogueTadhg

[H]ard|Gawd
TLDR; It's worth the cost. Be sure to update your prescription and get your eye distance measured.

Some of us are pretty blind without our glasses. I'm one of you. So Here's a long overdue review for what I went with to fix the problems.

Widmovr.com is a company that produces Covers, Lenses and Adapters for said lenses, bags and shirts. I only care about the lens and adapters.

Distance from main lens: 29 sticky notes worth. I measure everything with sticky notes.

Installation: Remove the face mask, and set the adapter in the face mask. Make sure that the bottom clicks into place (3rd picture) with the small peg. Put the mask back into position and click the top-center first. then than nose part.

Pros:
Much more comfortable than glasses. The bridge of my nose was a pressure point and caused headaches over long-term use.
No more light leaking from the nose.
More FOV*
Doesn't wiggle around once installed even during the toughest gun fights.
Easy to setup
Smooth around all edges
Makes VR much more enjoyable when you're not fighting with your glasses every minute.
Easy to install. Order and wait.

Cons:
Expensive
Took a while to get here! 19 Days

*FOV was measured using Virtual Desktop and Photoshop.

Attachments

• IMG_3534.JPG
    IMG_3534.JPG
    244.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_3535.JPG
    IMG_3535.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_3538.JPG
    IMG_3538.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_3536.JPG
    IMG_3536.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 69
  • fov.gif
    fov.gif
    29.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Good review, was considering them myself, but just had an eye test and got really small frames instead.

I thought I was going to be a lot more expensive. It's only about a hundred bucks!
I did just go to the eye doctor to get some glasses that are against my face.
Thanks for the review, I might have to get it.

Question: Not sure if you can answer this specifically but if my glasses fit well within the Rift and are not uncomfortable in any way, is there a benefit to this? My lenses are already pretty large so I don't think I'd get more FOV like you noticed.

I've been looking into this for a few days but I can't seem to figure out if it would be worthwhile for me or not. The only real big issue I have with the Rift so far is the glare-ish effect on high contrast imagery (ex: the Oculus logo before some games, menus in Project Cars) and I've been thinking about getting cheap contacts just to use for the Rift.

Question: Not sure if you can answer this specifically but if my glasses fit well within the Rift and are not uncomfortable in any way, is there a benefit to this? My lenses are already pretty large so I don't think I'd get more FOV like you noticed.

I've been looking into this for a few days but I can't seem to figure out if it would be worthwhile for me or not. The only real big issue I have with the Rift so far is the glare-ish effect on high contrast imagery (ex: the Oculus logo before some games, menus in Project Cars) and I've been thinking about getting cheap contacts just to use for the Rift.
I use contacts most of the time, but sucked when I had my glasses on since they were the metal frame stick out from your nose ones.
I ordered 2 pairs of the ones that sit close to your face for this reason. I think it would be nice to have this since it might be more comfortable than even the small plastic glasses.
The $100 is pretty cheap as well.

I had smaller-width glasses and they've all tried to carve into the side of the Rift's housing. The hinge-portion of the glasses would try fight the rift and that caused all the pressure on my nose because the housing wasn't sitting on my face, but the glasses - which were primarily held up by the bridge of my nose.

If you have glasses and feel like you need to readjust them all the time, I would definitely invest in one of these. There's also the 3D printer option, which is cheaper, but your milage may vary. This was an easier solution for me, despite having a 3D printer available. Less fuss all around.

If your glasses fit perfectly inside the rift, I wouldn't bother with these lenses. If the rift sits on your face, as it was designed, that is. Otherwise: buy these.

I apologize about the rushed review. I wanted to get something out that was more [H], but didn't really know what to say other than - Buy them. They work so well.

I ordered a pair..... It would be easier to just pop these in than try and get the headset comfortable over glasses.(Hopefully)

Thanks for the follow up.

Looks like I wouldn't benefit from this seeing as how the Rift does in fact rest on my face just the same with or without my glasses on. At least it feels that way.

An older pair of glasses I have with more rectangular lenses definitely has the problem you described with the Rift sitting on the hinge portion and causing the nose pressure point.

Last edited:
I ordered a pair..... It would be easier to just pop these in than try and get the headset comfortable over glasses.(Hopefully)

It's unbelievably easier. The added bonus of being able to tighten the headset straps, and flip them up like a non-glasses wearer is nice too. It just makes for an all around better experience with the rift. Less headaches, too.

I'm using something similar from those guys : https://vr-lens.eu/

It's in Germany so being in Europe I got it very quickly (like 3 days to manufacture and 3 days to deliver it to my place). It's a huge difference for me, I don't regret spending 100€ on those. I tried the rift with 2 different pairs of glasses and they were both extremely uncomfortable for different reasons, plus they would get stuck inside in the Rift every single time.

It's so nice being able to just put it on and off. With glasses I had to spend several minutes just adjusting the thing on my head to get a sharp picture in both eyes. But it was always a bit painful even when I got it right. Also my eye brows kept touching the glasses, another source of blur and annoyance.

they cant go as high on the cylinder as i need..really bad astigmatism...ordered the suggested glasses from zennioptical and now need to find a 3d printer for the adapter in my town.

they cant go as high on the cylinder as i need..really bad astigmatism...ordered the suggested glasses from zennioptical and now need to find a 3d printer for the adapter in my town.

If you look online, you can find people willing to do a 3D Print as a service. I'm sure one of these fine gents on [H] will do it. Filament and Shipping.

I don't have the lenses yet but got the 3d printed frame. didn't seem the bottom was close enough to the notches to hook into, but I expect after the lenses are put in, it will get larger and reach the notches.

I just got mine in and WOW! do they work great! I got glasses to use with the rift which i needed anyways.
I was hoping the Widmovr lenses would work good. They are not even noticeable when playing as opposed to playing with glasses. They are the same as playing with contacts. +++ recommended!

I got a set of these as well. I had been using a set of contact lenses, but it was super inconvenient. Since I don't like putting them in for only a short time, I really had to plan out when I would want to play as I don't wear them often. They were shipped pretty quickly. A day or two after a weekend order. They do take time to arrive though, as they were shipped from Poland.

Visual quality wise, they are almost as good as my contacts. The convenience and comfort factor far outweigh any cons. They were 100% worth the money I paid for them. Not having to futz with contacts means I use my Oculus more frequently. I'll use it for a quick 30 minutes for a single Project Cars race or a VR flight.

Back