Reverse deal - Sell your $160 RX 470 for $350-$400 now on ebay.

FUUUCK I should have done htat.

It was a while ago, and I even paid the shipping for the buyer. I put would only ship to the USA and some Russian kept bidding until i sent him a message that i wouldn't ship to him.

I paid $130 for my MSi Armor 480 4GB. Selling it for $3-400 sounds like a fantastic deal for me.

Does anyone know why these cards jumped in price so drastically in the last two days? The sold listings for the 295x2 were $2-300 up until May30th, then boom the next sold listing is May31st at $600 then almost $1k on June 1st. What's going on?

I guess there is some kind of mining craze again. I remember when Dogecoin was popular, people were running 3-4 AMD mining rigs.

I guess there is some kind of mining craze again. I remember when Dogecoin was popular, people were running 3-4 AMD mining rigs.

ETH being worth ~$200 per coin right now people are running anything they can get their hands on.

Worth running a single Fury X for Eth or selling it? Doesn't seem like Fury X prices have gone up very much. I imagine logistics in running multiple cards in a system. Knew there was one reason I shoulda took a closer look at CFing 480s just for future scalping.

Give it a few weeks and we'll see 1060's and 1070's sky rocketing in price. Sure they don't hash as fast but they run more efficient.

Well my 295x2 is definitely selling. Already have more than I paid for it.

Give it a few weeks and we'll see 1060's and 1070's sky rocketing in price. Sure they don't hash as fast but they run more efficient.
What's insane is that people are willing to trade their 1070s for 470s, when they actually get similar hashrates mining ETH, and the 1070 actually does better at ZEC, both while consuming less power.
Sold my 470 yesterday and looks like I could have gotten a bit more. Turned down an even trade for a 6gb 1060 since I'd rather wait to pick up another 470 when the dust settles:nailbiting:

Have a Sapphire R9 290 TriX sitting here - never mined, ...might be time to sell it! :)

What's insane is that people are willing to trade their 1070s for 470s, when they actually get similar hashrates mining ETH, and the 1070 actually does better at ZEC, both while consuming less power.
Sold my 470 yesterday and looks like I could have gotten a bit more. Turned down an even trade for a 6gb 1060 since I'd rather wait to pick up another 470 when the dust settles:nailbiting:
^This. My 1070 does 24MH/s, my RX 580 does 22MH/s, and my GTX 1060 3GB does 17MH/s. There's pretty much no reason not to switch to 1060's or 1070's given the prices on AMD hardware right now; the 1070 has the further benefit of being a well-rounded gaming card once the dust settles and mining is no longer insanely profitable.

What's even stranger is that 7970 prices have climbed back up to $150 a card on eBay; I can't imagine why you would buy a pair of 7970's over a single RX 480 or 1070, which draws less than half the power and has comparable throughput.

RX580 is 249 bucks new - (I had no problem finding them) vs a 1070 which is at least 100 dollars more (I can find FE 1070 for 349) depending on the kw/h rate where you live though the 1070s will probably be a better ROI

RX580 is 249 bucks new - (I had no problem finding them) vs a 1070 which is at least 100 dollars more (I can find FE 1070 for 349) depending on the kw/h rate where you live though the 1070s will probably be a better ROI
yeah if you're lucky enough to have access to MSRP RX 580's (thank you Microcenter!) those might still be the way to go.

The 1070 in conjunction with EWBF miner for Zcash is currently the go-to card. They hash quite well for the power & cost. 1080's and 1080Ti's are also doing really well. My GTX 1080 Mini is currently averaging 495 Sol/s.

Sold 2 powercolor red devil rx 480's for $740. Not too shabby.. Probably gonna sell my last MSI RX480(with an arctic mono cooler plus) and see if I can get another $350+.. Should either fund my threadripper build or one of those nice gsync 3440x1440 monitors.. :)

Sell high while you can fellas/gals...

Wish someone would remember the 44+ hashrate on the 7990... I need to offload mine!

wow lol - I just checked the micorcenter I got mine from - they had 20+ rx580s in yesterday...they have nothing now..nothing above an rx550 lol,,,man word travels fast.

I run a Powercolor RX470. Is it too late to get in on this? Should I just list it buy it now for xxx? What is the best format. I don't like auctions because by the time the auction is up, prices may be $150 again.

I run a Powercolor RX470. Is it too late to get in on this? Should I just list it buy it now for xxx? What is the best format. I don't like auctions because by the time the auction is up, prices may be $150 again.

Set the starting bid for the lowest amount you would take for it, set the auction for 3-5 days instead of 7.

Picked up an open-box RX580 for $140 at MC.
Testing to make sure it's alright and will make some nice scratch flipping it on eBay :)

the 470 is actually preferred over the 480 I think because it uses less power and has the same mining power. I put mine up at buy it now 399 - sold in a day.

We'll see if mine sells. The prices are all over the place. I eventually need to get another AMD card since I was enjoying freesync.

Are the most desirable cards for miners the reference blower 4gb cards? (For easiest heat exhaustion when running multiple cards. (Or does it matter?)

Rx470
Rx570
Rx480
Rx580

Are the most desirable cards for miners the reference blower 4gb cards? (For easiest heat exhaustion when running multiple cards. (Or does it matter?)

Rx470
Rx570
Rx480
Rx580
It depends on if you're using them in a closed case, or an open frame. Most people I see use AIB cards with non-blower designs in an open frame. Usually the AIB cards offer a better cooling solution for lower temperatures. But with the OC'd models, you'll usually end up limiting power to keep your power consumption lower for a better profit margin.

Well listed my 470 4Gb for $299 late last night and it sold within a few hours. Maybe I should have asked for more but I checked out the most recent selling prices and that seemed to be the median. I got offers for $200 and $245 but at those prices, I don't even think it is worth my time. This was more of a social experiment out of curiosity.

Now I get to use my Intel gen 3 graphics until another RX comes comes in supply. I doubt it can even pump out the 4k resolution for this monitor.
I'll visit Fry's today, maybe I will get lucky and find some AMD cards.

Well listed my 470 4Gb for $299 late last night and it sold within a few hours. Maybe I should have asked for more but I checked out the most recent selling prices and that seemed to be the median. I got offers for $200 and $245 but at those prices, I don't even think it is worth my time. This was more of a social experiment out of curiosity.

Now I get to use my Intel gen 3 graphics until another RX comes comes in supply. I doubt it can even pump out the 4k resolution for this monitor.

Or upgrade to a 1070...

Yesterday evening the 4GB MSI variants had bids at $375. $299 isn't bad though. ;)

Went to Fry's today to see if they had any AMD cards to replace my sold 470. Found a few MSI RX 570. Bought three out of five that were there. Plan to use one inside my computer and sell two. Lets see if they sell. I have the receipt if all else fails.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/112431225857?

Edit: These Ebay fees are ridiculous. They are about 10%. For what? They listed the sale and that is all. What a rip off.
Paypal is 3% but as far as I am concerned, they do more.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Reactions: DF-1
like this
This is why I love AMD cards. I bought my RX 480s for $169 after rebate. I just sold 7 rx 480s 4gb for $279 each -- they all sold within 15-20 minutes. I quit mining because my electric rates skyrocket in the summer. Plus i want to be ready for vega. So right now i have no video cards left and cant use my gaming rig. Im looking at buying an nvidia card but it rubs me wrong.

So right now i have no video cards left and cant use my gaming rig. Im looking at buying an nvidia card but it rubs me wrong.

Same boat. But don't give in to the evil.

I'll be using an R7 250 that I picked up on eBay for $30 until Vega hits.

Went to Fry's today to see if they had any AMD cards to replace my sold 470. Found a few MSI RX 570. Bought three out of five that were there. Plan to use one inside my computer and sell two. Lets see if they sell. I have the receipt if all else fails.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/112431225857?

Edit: These Ebay fees are ridiculous. They are about 10%. For what? They listed the sale and that is all. What a rip off.
Paypal is 3% but as far as I am concerned, they do more.

It should be 12.9% total once the transaction is complete. Yeah that's why I don't even bother reselling shit on ebay, isn't worth the time or money.
http://finalfeecalc.com/

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It should be 12.9% total once the transaction is complete. Yeah that's why I don't even bother reselling shit on ebay, isn't worth the time or money.
http://finalfeecalc.com/

Yeah, I did the math on this too, Was thinking about reselling them but after all the fee's & the packing material + Shipping, its just not worth the time or effort.

Bought two rx480 8 Gig for 251 US each last week on Newegg dot ca , guess I hit the stock notifier just right.

Back