Reverse deal - Sell your $160 RX 470 for $350-$400 now on ebay.

Ascendor81

n00b
Reverse deal - Sell your $160 RX 470 for $350-$400 now on ebay. They are sold out everywhere. Also, applies to 480, 570 and 580s.

I just listed 2x 4gb 470's last night for $400 each, and they sold this morning, I bought 2x zotac 1070 mini's instead, kids get 1070's to play Minecraft and Roblox now. Sheesh. Newegg has them for $349, i talked them into getting another $10 off each :)

I too love PC!

Last edited:
I missed out on selling off amd cards the last time the mining craze came around.

Are fury x good for mining? I'll sell them both right now

I haven't really looked too much into the mining stuff, but I'm a little surprised that something like this RX 580 8GB is in stock for $300 (and has been for at least a day, since I started looking at the Radeon pricing with this price spike). I wonder how long until they sell out, and if the cards will just end up on eBay for $400... The $269 model was in stock last night and this morning before selling out at some point midday.

Damn I have 3 480's just sitting around collecting dust.. maybe I will do this and make some money!

I missed out on selling off amd cards the last time the mining craze came around.

Are fury x good for mining? I'll sell them both right now
Looks like the Fury X have continued to tick up slightly in used value, but not like the rx480. Ironic because the Fury cards are at ~ 20-40% faster than the rx480 cards. You can buy Fury cards for low-mid $200 range and Fury X cards for mid $300 range used on eBay.

Looks like the Fury X have continued to tick up slightly in used value, but not like the rx480. Ironic because the Fury cards are at ~ 20-40% faster than the rx480 cards. You can buy Fury cards for low-mid $200 range and Fury X cards for mid $300 range used on eBay.

I haven't seen a used Fury card for even launch prices on ebay in months. They're all $600+ and have been for quite some time.

I guess this all explains why I had just returned a Rx580 to newegg due to constant driver crashes and windows blue screens and this morning I check and they actually refunded me for it, which knowing neweggs policy they wont do unless there is no way around it. I was like wtf... so I am checking amazon and they are all out along with several other retailers.... so I end up here and see this message. I guess i'm not getting a replacement anytime soon. Damn freesync monitor or I would go nvidia

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I guess this all explains why I had just returned a Rx580 to newegg due to constant driver crashes and windows blue screens and this morning I check and they actually refunded me for it, which knowing neweggs policy they wont do unless there is no way around it. I was like wtf... so I am checking amazon and they are all out along with several other retailers.... so I end up here and see this message. I guess i'm not getting a replacement anytime soon. Damn freesync monitor or I would go nvidia

Look dude I'm not going to message these people and beg them to lower the price if they don't have a best offer listing.

Well then set up an eBay email alert filter and buy one without negotiation at $300-$350 like most other people.

Used prices are closing regularly on Furies for the prices I mentioned above. You can see for yourself.
Here are all closed successfully sold items with search term Fury X organized by price low to high.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?isNe...te=1&LH_Sold=1&rmvSB=true&_nkw=Fury+x&_sop=15

Yes there are some non X furies in there, yes they sold for as low as sub $200.
Fury X cards sold for as low as $250.

Last edited:
worth noting, this generation Nvidia cards are also OK at mining; 1080 users get screwed because of some GDDR5X issues, but 1070's do about 24MH/s and 1060's about 18.

China just allowed bitcoin withdrawals, so bitcoin and other crypto currency prices still increasing. So, high prices should maintain longer for all to take advantage.

Hmmm, I have an opportunity to trade my 1080 for MSI Gaming X 1060 6 GB and Msi gaming X RX 580 8 GB. Should I pull the trigger in current circumstances?

Looks like R9 Nano's are around $300, not bad for an old card.

Hmmm, I have an opportunity to trade my 1080 for MSI Gaming X 1060 6 GB and Msi gaming X RX 580 8 GB. Should I pull the trigger in current circumstances?
Yes. The combo is worth more on eBay if you sell. But remember sellers fee ~ 10% and make sure it's worth it.

So I have a Strix 470 4G OC that can do 1.4GHz at 1.0875v. How much do you think I can sell it for? Should I sell it? Should I consider cryptocurrency mining as a factor?

I'm just mining with my RX 480. Took about an hour to find a pool and get mining going.

So I have a Strix 470 4G OC that can do 1.4GHz at 1.0875v. How much do you think I can sell it for? Should I sell it? Should I consider cryptocurrency mining as a factor?

Memory speed is what is needed for mining, most underclock the GPU to save on power. This comes back to what your power/hash ratio is.

I'm just mining with my RX 480. Took about an hour to find a pool and get mining going.

With 1 GPU it probably wouldn't be worth the effort unless you have the time :)

Looks like I was dumb as fuck for trying to sell my 290s on this forum.
Which is why I stopped selling higher end items on hardware forums. Sold my P8Z77-I Deluxe boards for $270-$280 while they were selling on forums for $125-$150. Also sold a 3770K and 4770K for nearly $400 each when they were going for $200-$250 on HW forums.

The Ebay community mentality is well very poor and no one researches what they "could" pay for items. I don't mind and take full advantage of it. LOL

Shit 295x2's are selling at $700+

Here I come eBay, hello again Nvidia.

Memory speed is what is needed for mining, most underclock the GPU to save on power. This comes back to what your power/hash ratio is.

hmm, i see. should i still sell it? is it sensible to buy a 1070?

for gaming i can get by with a 470 (medium-high 1440p), so i don't really care

Which is why I stopped selling higher end items on hardware forums. Sold my P8Z77-I Deluxe boards for $270-$280 while they were selling on forums for $125-$150. Also sold a 3770K and 4770K for nearly $400 each when they were going for $200-$250 on HW forums.

The Ebay community mentality is well very poor and no one researches what they "could" pay for items. I don't mind and take full advantage of it. LOL

Fool's gold lol!

Very tempting to sell my RX 480.

What would be a good replacement card for it?

Will I make out pretty well with a Gigabyte Windforce R9 280X and an MSI TwinFrozr 7870?

Sold my 480 Strix for $150 more then I paid for it after the rebates I received from that card. Prety much going to pay for my G-Sync monitor to use with the 1070 I had replaced with the 480 (in order to utilize my Freesync ultrawide) overall I am happy with the transaction even though I probably could have gotten another $50 or so for the 480.

what sucks is ebay fees - 10% - I am going to churn a couple 580 buys to see if I can make some money but even if they sell at 400 - 10% 360 end price. - 260 for the card retail (249 +tax) I end up making 100 on each card. Not bad - hopefully shipping does not eat into that.

what sucks is ebay fees - 10% - I am going to churn a couple 580 buys to see if I can make some money but even if they sell at 400 - 10% 360 end price. - 260 for the card retail (249 +tax) I end up making 100 on each card. Not bad - hopefully shipping does not eat into that.
Always charge shipping, $19.99 min for video cards. I bet it will cost at least $25 to ship it.

if anyone else is insterested and you have a micro center near you - they are selling the strix 580 for 274 and a regular 580 for 249 - 8 gb models.

Back