Reverse deal - Sell your $160 RX 470 for $350-$400 now on ebay.

I ended up doing just this. Sold my Nitro+ RX 480 that I snagged for $140 for $370 and then went and bought the Zotac AMP! 1070 from Newegg on Ebay for $335.

Last edited:
Damn a local guy here is selling a 295x2 with a water block on it for 300 euros
If it had the air cooler I'd buy it and resell straight away

edit: Ok I found an R9 295x2 AIO water/air cooler model for 450 euros (Still in warranty)
Do you guys think it'd be worth it to pick it up and then resell on eBay
I'm in Ireland so not sure how much traction it'd get in europe

Last edited:
Damn a local guy here is selling a 295x2 with a water block on it for 300 euros
If it had the air cooler I'd buy it and resell straight away

edit: Ok I found an R9 295x2 AIO water/air cooler model for 450 euros (Still in warranty)
Do you guys think it'd be worth it to pick it up and then resell on eBay
I'm in Ireland so not sure how much traction it'd get in europe

Most recent sold listings: http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_from...lete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

People on Reddit were saying that they were getting at least $800 USD for their 295x2's.

If international isn't too much of a hassle, you could sell to the US if there isn't any interest in Europe.

Sold my 290Xs for 650$. Sucks to be without a card but I have a 1080 ti incoming. Thanks for the tip.

I don't think eBay charged me the fee yet or it was free as I was a first time seller. Maybe they charge it once the buyer marks off that the got the item.

They don't take anything right away. You get charged once a month, and the money will come out of your paypal account next month. You can look up what you owe them on the site.
Go to Selling, then the Account tab, and look for Current Balance.

I'll be honest...pretty tempted with prices as they are to sell the MSI 4GB 290X in my son's rig right now to get him something better.

*puts on tinfoil hat*

nVidia is setting up the biggest altcoin mining operation the world has ever seen and creating a demand for new 1070s. It's a win-win for them. ;)

nVidia is setting up the biggest altcoin mining operation the world has ever seen and creating a demand for new 1070s. It's a win-win for them. ;)

The 1070s are actually really good miners. Better than the AMDs, even. RX 4x0/5x0 are such a hot item because the blogs written earlier this year recommended them based on price. But now that the AMD cards actually cost more than 1070s to buy, there's no reason not to use the 1070s for mining. You get better performance and, when the craze ends, you're left with better all-around video cards.

The 1070s are actually really good miners. Better than the AMDs, even. RX 4x0/5x0 are such a hot item because the blogs written earlier this year recommended them based on price. But now that the AMD cards actually cost more than 1070s to buy, there's no reason not to use the 1070s for mining. You get better performance and, when the craze ends, you're left with better all-around video cards.

Not better per watt for the mainstream money makers at the moment with the exception of zcash cuda.

mehhh.... per WATT? yes, per DOLLAR, no.

DOLLARS/WATTS/MH/s, yes. (ROI) considering the RX prices.

considering the prices of AMD right now I was going to buy a Zotac AMP! 1070 Extreme. 30MH/s no bios mod needed.

edit: anyways ill stick to the topic

Yeah.... The 1070 uses maybe 10W more for 10% more hashes than a RX 580. That'll be maybe $10 a month more in electricity. With ETH above $250 I'm gonna say that works out OK.

Yeah.... The 1070 uses maybe 10W more for 10% more hashes than a RX 580. That'll be maybe $10 a month more in electricity. With ETH above $250 I'm gonna say that works out OK.

Depends on currency, with ETH and with just a generic undervolt and performance tune, 25Mh/s for 100-110 watts max on 480/580. Sounds like nothing, but when you have a two hundred cards and you can run twenty more for "free" from the same sub panel, means something.

I think we're on point here discussing why the AMD reverse deal works. (or doesn't at these insane bloody prices).

This buying frenzy lined up so well with this coupon from eBay.

oAw73Qj.png

Bought that unused Pro Duo and it sold for $1225. Sold my RX580 for $400 and I've got a pair going for $711 with a few days left. Seller fees will only be $15.

I just got the same thing, well... actually.. I think a lot of people did?? It's capping my selling fees for the next 50 sales/lists??
Did anyone else notice they kind of redid the site as well??

Its crazy isnt it. I sold 13 RX 480's over in the for sale sub a couple days ago.
I hate ebay and paypal equally, so sold them here, worth the little less profit to not deal with deadbeats on ebay.

Reactions: DPI
like this
Some people are getting greedy and trying to sell 480s for $600 a piece. Will the market push them up that far before this new mining craze resides?

Hopefully when the bottom falls out of this current mining run, the eBay buyers don't abuse eBay's very, very buyer-friendly return policies.

There is effectively nothing to stop people from buying a used card on eBay, pushing it too hard mining for three-four weeks, then initiating a return.

My old 290x XFX Black OC edition is over 300 bucks with a few days to go, just crazy that people are paying that much.

lol just what AMD needed to further not meet demand with Vega. During the last craze, it was one of the worst times for PC gaming.
Looks like 2017 is about suck as well.

lol just what AMD needed to further not meet demand with Vega. During the last craze, it was one of the worst times for PC gaming.
Looks like 2017 is about suck as well.
I would have ended up with a 290X instead of a 780 during the last mining craze. I wasn't into the idea of paying $749+ at retail for a $549 video card, though.

This buying frenzy lined up so well with this coupon from eBay.

oAw73Qj.png

Bought that unused Pro Duo and it sold for $1225. Sold my RX580 for $400 and I've got a pair going for $711 with a few days left. Seller fees will only be $15.

nice!!!!!

I wish I got this coupon -- could really use it right now - I have a high dollar full system to sell.

I would have ended up with a 290X instead of a 780 during the last mining craze. I wasn't into the idea of paying $749+ at retail for a $549 video card, though.

I waited months after and finally got one when prices dropped sharply in the massive mining dump. Had to buy used mining cards :(.
Qnix Catleap using the AMD 120Hz hack was the leg up on the GTX 780 back then.

Now we have all new hardware top to bottom coming and the most important part, the GPU, will be on massive backorder and price hiked. Hope this passes quickly.

Hopefully when the bottom falls out of this current mining run, the eBay buyers don't abuse eBay's very, very buyer-friendly return policies.

There is effectively nothing to stop people from buying a used card on eBay, pushing it too hard mining for three-four weeks, then initiating a return.
Forget 3-4 weeks... PayPal has a 6 month window to file a dispute... Make sure you hang onto a copy of the eBay listing (since it's not going to be available beyond I think it's 3 months) and all tracking information until next January.

Reactions: DPI
like this
Forget 3-4 weeks... PayPal has a 6 month window to file a dispute... Make sure you hang onto a copy of the eBay listing (since it's not going to be available beyond I think it's 3 months) and all tracking information until next January.
Thats ridiculous.. you would think with seller taking no returns that after 30 days, the buyer would be SOL... man.. that kinda sucks if that happens..

Thats ridiculous.. you would think with seller taking no returns that after 30 days, the buyer would be SOL... man.. that kinda sucks if that happens..

The magic words are "as-is." If it's sold as-is with no returns, there isn't much eBay will (er, should) do about it if anything happens. Despite this, eBay is notorious for fucking sellers out of their money, time, and product. I'd be furious if someone wrecks the card I sold in perfect working condition by mining with it non-stop for a month and then tries to return it.

The magic words are "as-is." If it's sold as-is with no returns, there isn't much eBay will (er, should) do about it if anything happens. Despite this, eBay is notorious for fucking sellers out of their money, time, and product. I'd be furious if someone wrecks the card I sold in perfect working condition by mining with it non-stop for a month and then tries to return it.

As is doesn't mean squat to ebay. There are no magic words you can use that trump ebay's policies. Also, if you say no returns, then the buyer just doesn't have to return the item. Yes, that's right. That means they bitch and make up some BS, they get their money back, and they don't have to return the item since you don't take returns. You get screwed worse then.

edit: Also as far as I know you still can't leave negative feedback for a buyer. If they pay the worst you can do is leave neutral, and if you say something too negative they can have it removed. If you leave them a positive and say something negative it's against the rules and you can get in trouble.
Ebay has completely stacked the deck against sellers.

As is doesn't mean squat to ebay. There are no magic words you can use that trump ebay's policies. Also, if you say no returns, then the buyer just doesn't have to return the item. Yes, that's right. That means they bitch and make up some BS, they get their money back, and they don't have to return the item since you don't take returns. You get screwed worse then.

edit: Also as far as I know you still can't leave negative feedback for a buyer. If they pay the worst you can do is leave neutral, and if you say something too negative they can have it removed. If you leave them a positive and say something negative it's against the rules and you can get in trouble.
Ebay has completely stacked the deck against sellers.

That's crazy. I try to avoid using eBay anyway, but good to know.

Back