Reverend Against Microsoft’s “Homosexual Agenda”

Addendum: (Can't seem to edit my post)

...I sincerely wish that these individuals would spend a fraction of their time / effort / spirituality in cleaning up their own lives. Those who protest the most, are generally the worst if you look at who they really are underneath the voice & drama. Ignorance seems to be the loudest when in groups of 2 or more...

Or less if you watch Maury.

I agree with the above words. In fact the last sermon I heard this week was on this exact topic. Most of the problem today I believe that we are fast to point the finger outward and not examine our own lives. Most of the changes in life that are the longest lived are when they start from within.

However, I still do believe that we need some form of accountability. We never like people calling us out on things that need to be taken care of or evaluated. Sometimes we are too wrapped up in our own worlds to even notice.

Both!!! I have so many female friends that talk about it that I get sick of it. They want to change their man.

I tell them that they can't change him, they have to include his cologne with their purfume. It is a two way street. You have to think like the other person.

That is way those that are in committed gay relationships work. We basicly think alike. We are more flexible. ( I don't mean what you are thinking):D

:rolleyes:

<sarcasm>Yep you're right that male/female thing is never going to work </sarcasm>

Hate to break the bad news to your belief system here but that is relathionship issue NOT a gay/straight one. Nice try though.

I'm really curious how he's going to go about gaining a large enough share to be able to do much...

Good God!!! All I can say is the gates of hell are gonna get a huge l line up of idiots like this reverend and all other religious fanatics that preach hate.

I guess this goes along side the Christian version of Unbuntu?

you dont like an OS, dont buy it, dont go trying to shove your morals and beleifs down my throat!

Article is kind of light on info, what exactly are Microsoft's homosexual policies? Is it because of the "GLEAM" group? If I work for Microsoft, I don't have to turn gay, right? What's the problem?

Maybe he just bought microsoft stock and wants it to go up a bit so he can sell it and make some cash. hehehe.

Seriously, people who shove anything down your throat are horrible. I hate Christians hypocrites who tell you you're going to hell for not doing this or that, but then they turn around and do other things that will send them straight to hell, but since they're good christians, it's ok.

I also hate gay/lesbians that shove it in your face. I'm all about equal rights, but making ennemies of people who don't understand you (by pissing them off) won't help you at all.

I'm glad Canada has laws that allow for same-sex marriage, but sadly our new Prime Minister is still living in the 40s and he's trying to roll back social evolution. Very sad.

I can't wait for all the baby boomers to die off (sorry you guys...), then maybe we'll see a huge change in how societies act and what they tolerate.

...I was brought up beliving that Jews killed Christ. I never disputed it, nor have I ever bothered looking it up. I simply don't care. The only thing I really care about is that there is a God. Jesus is just easymode ;)

Yes I agree that the Jews killed Christ. Doesn't mean that they still aren't the chosen people. Life is full of second chances? :D

Anyways, it's one thing to take a stand on your beliefs and he can be anti-gay all he wants and nobody would mind.. alot of pastors and bishops and imams and rabbi and popes are anti-gay and we all know this already. But to shove your beliefs down people's throat with threats.. don't you think that's a little.. well.. fucking stupid?

You can't MAKE someone believe. You have to convince them with reason and proof and logic and sometimes faith. That's the entire definition of belief.

I don't and here is why: He's not asking people change their beliefs (within the context of this Microsoft story, obviously he's against homosexual culture), he's asking Christians and other like minded (best what I can gather) religious groups to have Microsoft's diversity plan back inside their walls. I believe that he's trying to get Microsoft's diversity policy back within its company and to stay out of the Washington Legislature with Homosexual rights. I could be understanding this wrong and I stand corrected if so.

I do agree with the making someone believe comment. No one can force you to love someone and be truthful about it. You are right, that is the definition of belief.

On a humorous note, how many of you think he uses Windows and Word to type up his treatsies and use many other Microsoft products? :p

Oh, that site is done in XML too.. another creation of Microsoft, wasn't it?

He's not calling for a boycott of Microsoft or saying they are the anti-christ? He's not saying anything about their products or encouraging people not to buy them. (in fact quite the opposite according to some posters about buying their stock.)

I have gay friends. I don't agree with their lifestyle but I wouldn't throw them out on the street if they were homeless or yell in scream in their face that I believe that they are wrong. That may be the difference between me and other Christians.

:rolleyes:

<sarcasm>Yep you're right that male/female thing is never going to work </sarcasm>

Hate to break the bad news to your belief system here but that is relathionship issue NOT a gay/straight one. Nice try though.

Thanks, I thought I would try though. You never now who is reading!

Article is kind of light on info, what exactly are Microsoft's homosexual policies? Is it because of the "GLEAM" group? If I work for Microsoft, I don't have to turn gay, right? What's the problem?

No, your getting MS confused with Apple :)

hah you guys/gals actually thought that someone thats all fanatical about religion would do something that was logical and made sense?

It amuses me to no end how all these religious types preach love and blah blah but the "hate" homosexuals or anyone different from them. Hypocritical assholes.

Ask yourself, who would Jesus be hanging out with now? He liked hanging with the outcasts of society, from tax collectors to prostitutes and even one of the pharisees (Nicodemus) was if not a friend or a convert, someone who visited with Jesus and listened to his teachings, recognizing his wisdom.

Not to get all preachy but if you think someone isn't going to heaven because they sin - that pretty much excludes you from going there too. What you need to look at is what is right and what is wrong. That changes - read Deuteronomy and see if the laws there are still legitimate. No because through Christ, God sees us as if we have never sinned. (Bustin out with brother Martin Luther yo!)

**Justified by Grace through faith**

that's the "BOOM HEADSHOT" of the Christian faith. You can't be "good enough" to get into heaven. That ship has sailed with original sin. Fortunately my Invisible Friend took the fall. Do I think that act is just limited to heteros like me? Sorry, my God is not that small.

Brother Hutchinson's God is too small.

hah you guys/gals actually thought that someone thats all fanatical about religion would do something that was logical and made sense?

It amuses me to no end how all these religious types preach love and blah blah but the "hate" homosexuals or anyone different from them. Hypocritical assholes.

It is because they do not understand the teachings of Christ. He preached tolerance for all. He went to the lowest person and raised them up. He did not goto the rich (G.W.B.,D.C.). He went to the people who need to be raised up the most. God is not concerned with the petty plays of humans. He just wants to know that we all loved each other. No matter, if we are musilim, chistian, or any other religion. I comes down to how we respect and treat each other.

It is because they do not understand the teachings of Christ. He preached tolerance for all. He went to the lowest person and raised them up. He did not goto the rich (G.W.B.,D.C.). He went to the people who need to be raised up the most. God is not concerned with the petty plays of humans. He just wants to know that we all loved each other. No matter, if we are musilim, chistian, or any other religion. I comes down to how we respect and treat each other.

god needs to get busy then

if he was in business, he would have been bankrupt long ago

It used to cost TWICE that much?

Incredi-freakin-ble

Hmm, I click the link for the Sony lowers it's dev kit and come to this, wth? Lol.

Yeah I was about to say, those last two posts didn't really flow well with the topic... :D

Hrmmmm... Strange... :confused:

I think most of you who are saying, basically, "Christians hypocrites shoving their beliefs...", are missing the point.

It appears that Microsoft is trying to influence Washington State Legislature along the lines of their GLEAM policy. From the article:

"By trying to become a political player in Washington state, he said, the company was trying to impose its sinful ways on others."

Are there misguided Christians who try to tell others how they should and shouldn't believe? Yes.

Are there militant Gays and Lesbians who want to shove their lifestyle down MY throat? Yes.

I just got off the phone with Mr. Hutchinson's office because I wanted clarification for what exactly he had a problem with as it relates to MS. Per his secretary, Patty:

"Mr. Hutchinson has a problem with _funding_. Microsoft is funding _many_ Gay and Lesbian Rights organizations that are promoting and anti-family, non-traditional values"

In my opinion this is not about a man "hating". It is about a man trying to use the free market we have to effect change that aligns with his beliefs.

Are y'all seriously going to tell me that you do not think there is a Gay and Lesbian "agenda". And that the militant version of this "agenda" is _special_ protection, policies and rights?

IMO, someone "shacking up" is just as wrong as someone living a homosexual lifestyle. And what about me? I'm married, I even abstained until _after_ I was married... (ok, well, at least with my last girlfriend, now wife, I did :)). So am I _above_ some gay guy? What about that hot chick that just walked by in that revealing bikini. Whoops, I just sinned. Guess I'm no better than that gay guy then. We _both_ need the grace of God.

I'd bet if we had a chance to sit down and talk with Mr. Hutchinson, we'd find he is an upstanding individual that has done a lot of good in his community and he's just tired of seeing what he believes are attacks on traditional values. Oh, and I bet he's also a sinner. In fact, I know he is.

Sin is sin. HOWEVER, there aren't people at my child's elemetary school telling him that stealing is ok, it's just an alternative lifestyle choice...

You know, I read the article and saw the guy's picture, when I read this:
His church, which emphasises racial diversity and a strict moral code, grew from a bible study class for just 15 people in 1984.

I just envisioned him saying "I can call you faggot, but don't you dare call me a &#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;!"

Talk about hypocrisy. Racial diversity, sexual bigotry! :rolleyes:

I think most of you who are saying, basically, "Christians hypocrites shoving their beliefs...", are missing the point.

It appears that Microsoft is trying to influence Washington State Legislature along the lines of their GLEAM policy. From the article:

"By trying to become a political player in Washington state, he said, the company was trying to impose its sinful ways on others."

Are there misguided Christians who try to tell others how they should and shouldn't believe? Yes.

Are there militant Gays and Lesbians who want to shove their lifestyle down MY throat? Yes.

I just got off the phone with Mr. Hutchinson's office because I wanted clarification for what exactly he had a problem with as it relates to MS. Per his secretary, Patty:

"Mr. Hutchinson has a problem with _funding_. Microsoft is funding _many_ Gay and Lesbian Rights organizations that are promoting and anti-family, non-traditional values"

In my opinion this is not about a man "hating". It is about a man trying to use the free market we have to effect change that aligns with his beliefs.

Are y'all seriously going to tell me that you do not think there is a Gay and Lesbian "agenda". And that the militant version of this "agenda" is _special_ protection, policies and rights?

IMO, someone "shacking up" is just as wrong as someone living a homosexual lifestyle. And what about me? I'm married, I even abstained until _after_ I was married... (ok, well, at least with my last girlfriend, now wife, I did :)). So am I _above_ some gay guy? What about that hot chick that just walked by in that revealing bikini. Whoops, I just sinned. Guess I'm no better than that gay guy then. We _both_ need the grace of God.

I'd bet if we had a chance to sit down and talk with Mr. Hutchinson, we'd find he is an upstanding individual that has done a lot of good in his community and he's just tired of seeing what he believes are attacks on traditional values. Oh, and I bet he's also a sinner. In fact, I know he is.

Sin is sin. HOWEVER, there aren't people at my child's elemetary school telling him that stealing is ok, it's just an alternative lifestyle choice...

I'll give you a cookie if you can find anywhere in the Bible that says homosexuality is a sin. And I think you just set yourself up for a huge flame by bunching homosexuals with criminals in your last paragraph.

FYI the PS3 comments link on the front page is linking to Reverend Against Microsoft’s “Homosexual Agenda” instead.

Mods might want to change this.

I'll give you a cookie if you can find anywhere in the Bible that says homosexuality is a sin.

Maybe you missed the part where God destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah because of their wickedness. Care to guess where the term Sodomy comes from?

I'll give you a cookie if you can find anywhere in the Bible that says homosexuality is a sin. And I think you just set yourself up for a huge flame by bunching homosexuals with criminals in your last paragraph.

That's too easy. All sex outside of marriage is a sin. Just Google:

"sex outside marriage a biblical view" and take the #1 result.

Also, you are putting words in my mouth. I did not bunch homosexuals with criminals. I was providing an analogy with two things that are a sin, stealing and sex outside marriage or homosexuality in particular.

Flame away if you want to focus on a meaning that isn't there and wasn't intended (the criminal aspect).

1 Corinthians 6:9, 10

lol where's my cookie

We are now engaged in a religious war with fundamentalist Islam because they fail to practice perhaps the most important concept our founding father at least mentioned, if they didn’t necessarily follow it themselves.

This is the world of man. When Christ ministered 2000 years ago, he spoke the truth and ministered to the people. He didn’t run for political office or build and army to spread the gospel. That’s what is so unique about Christianity. The man who started it did not use force and he did not associate himself with the institutions of the world. To me, Christ actually was the first practitioner of the separation of Church and State.

We are a planet of 6 billion plus people. We will never share common beliefs regarding a whole range of issues. That’s why we must be a free people. Otherwise, some, no matter their intent, will try to impose their beliefs on others through force. And this is simply not Christ like in any way.

lol where's my cookie

2 3 Do you not know that the unjust will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators nor idolaters nor adulterers nor boy prostitutes nor sodomites
nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God.

OMG! THIS FORUM IS DOOOOMED!

Why can't people just agree to disagree I've lived by this philosophy I'll believe what I want you believe what you want. I won't bother you if you don't bother me.

People can believe what ever they want. I only have a problem when people believe that they need to force there views on me. Why all the hate. Why must people fear something that different. Different is the spice of life.

IONO I may just be crazy too

Why can't people just agree to disagree I've lived by this philosophy I'll believe what I want you believe what you want. I won't bother you if you don't bother me.

People can believe what ever they want. I only have a problem when people believe that they need to force there views on me. Why all the hate. Why must people fear something that different. Different is the spice of life.

IONO I may just be crazy too

i agree, be gay if you like, it isn't my place to support and CERTAINLY isn't my place to hate you for it... your decision, and if anything i respect that...

but don't profess to be a christian

i agree, be gay if you like, it isn't my place to support and CERTAINLY isn't my place to hate you for it... your decision, and if anything i respect that...

but don't profess to be a christian

Why not? because the term Christian means "Christ-like"? If that's the case we all should not be calling ourselves Christian, amirite?

Why not? because the term Christian means "Christ-like"? If that's the case we all should not be calling ourselves Christian, amirite?

well said, but Christian is a term reserved for people who at least strive to be christ-like...

but i agree with you, true Christians are few and far between

Thanks, I thought I would try though. You never now who is reading!

Kind of sad that you can't seem to wrap your mind around the difference between relationship issues and orientation.......and the fact that they are completely seperate. If they weren't as you propse no gay couple would ever break up or gay relathionships would succeed at vastly higher rates than heterosexual ones. Seems that you may be a wee bit of a problem doing exactly what you dislike other people doing by assuming your lifestyle is superior and the right answer while everyone else is wrong.

well said, but Christian is a term reserved for people who at least strive to be christ-like...

but i agree with you, true Christians are few and far between

No, Christians are all around, it's those perfect or nearly perfect ones that are hard to come by. Everyone knows what "sin" is, everyone does it. We can't help but sin, thats why we are fallen, but any who call on Him and strive to be more like him, yes, they are "Christian" I don't think that is by any means the exclusive realm of straight people. I'm Christian because I ascribe to His teachings. That does not mean that I am without sin, or that I ever will be. What that means is that I realize my humanity and his divinity, and will at least make a token effort to be more like Him.

And it may be blaspemous, but I do not agree completely with Paul all of the time. he had some issues, and they kind of show in his letters.

2 3 Do you not know that the unjust will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators nor idolaters nor adulterers nor boy prostitutes nor sodomites
nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I'm not sure what Microsoft's specific policies regarding homosexuality are, but I do know that it felt as though I'd been fucked in the ass after I bought Windows ME. :p

On a serious note, can't this guy just boycott Microsoft products if he disapproves of their policies like a normal person?

Ah, perhaps he isn't quite devoted enough to his cause to be inconvenienced as badly as he would be by boycotting the world's largest software company.

I don't doubt he's probably done good things for his community in the past, but he should really get back to doing good instead of pulling strange misguided publicity stunts.

Really, what's it to you if they want to offer their homosexual employees benefits? I can understand not wanting your tax dollars going to a cause you don't agree with, but this is a company you can choose not to give money to.

What that means is that I realize my humanity and his divinity, and will at least make a token effort to be more like Him.

i think this is great... and i believe you have the right idea... but what i fail to see is homosexuals maknig that token effort...

but hey, that is where we disagree :) and i can respect that

And it may be blaspemous, but I do not agree completely with Paul all of the time. he had some issues, and they kind of show in his letters.

yea that is kind of blasphemous, what with God inspiring him to write 2 Timothy 3:16...

you gotta take all of the bible or none of it... and that is a sad truth...

hey when did this stop being a tech forum? lol if you'd like to PM minister goodcooper, you're mor'n welcome

Back