Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature currently requires accessing the site using the built-in Safari browser.
Some of the BEST bible verses out there:
1) "Women should be silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak, but should be submissive, as the law also says." (1 Corinthians 14:34)
2) "Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair it is a disgrace to him, but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For her hair is given to her as a covering." (1 Corinthians 11:13-15)
3) "If any man takes a wife, and goes in on her, and detests her, and charges her with shameful conduct, and brings a bad name on her, and says, 'I took this woman, and when I came to her I found she was not a virgin..." (Deuteronomy 22:13,14)
"But if ... evidences of virginity are not found for the young woman, then they shall bring out the young woman to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death with stones..." (Deuteronomy 22:20,21)
4) "If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched." (Mark 9:43)
5) "One of illegitimate birth shall not enter the congregation of the Lord." (Deuteronomy 23:2)
LOL - hope you all arn't bastards and your wives are virgins...
Which deeper truth would that be? That it's all a bunch of disjointed preaching that's united only in the minds of the counsel of Nicea who only concluded that Christ was "divine" 300 years after he died? That truth?
Or the truth that only the scripture that fit the dogmatic structure of the church was allowed to be part of the approved Bible and that many books were excluded simply because they did not fit the desired canonical teachings of the church at the time?
Or how about the deeper truth that most holidays that Christians celebrate have their roots in pagan rituals, yes even Christmas and Easter (Hell, Easter has it's roots in rituals associated with Eostre, a goddess with her roots in Germanic regions, she was a goddess of fertility, which is why to this day eggs are associated with Easter and her name is also the source of words like estrogen).
Did you know that stories of supposedly divine entities being executed and returning to life predate Christianity by centuries? Ever heard of Horus? You should check into it. Born of a virgin, performed miracles, birth was announced by angels, witnessed by shepherds, baptised by someone who was later beheaded, tempted on a high mountain by Set (aka Satan), walked on water, restored site to the blind, was killed on a crucifix, resurrected after three days, etc. etc. etc. . . . all thousands of years before the first century CE.
Is that the deeper truth you were referring to?
I think we've established one thing:
Everyone has an opinion. Everyone reads into things differently, particularly Holy books. Everyone has different faiths and beliefs.
Why don't we just leave it at that?
It sounds to me like you're trying to back off of that cookie promise
also, servant of shodan failed to mention that the first part of john 8 has been questioned as to its authenticity and place in the bible cannon
doing research is great
goodcooper, could you give me some references to read about questioning authenticity of John 8? I've heard before of questions relating to authenticity of part of Mark, but never John.
just try to find the leased biased articles and papers