Revenge of the Nerds

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
PlayVS is teaming up with the National Federation of State High Schools Associations to bring eSports to high school. This will allow all of the nerds to finally get that sweet letterman jacket and woo all of the hot girls away from those Neanderthal jocks. Before you know it l337 is going to be better than buff. Now go and get your game on, nerds!

Like traditional sports, PlayVS isn't free. To participate, each student must pay $16 per month -- which ends up being cheaper on average than the hundreds to thousands of dollars they pay for each traditional sport every year. For that price, students can participate in two 3-month seasons per academic year, with playoffs in the last month culminating in offline regional and state championships, which PlayVS will pay for. Finally, there will be summer competition to bide players' time until the first season starts in fall.

It's like 1984 all over again. Maybe now Nerds can get some Pie.

No surprise there will be no Shooter games.

9DJ6bIW.gif

giphy.gif
img

I am a nerd and a jock. I was on my varsity team for all 4 years of high school and have the letterman jacket to prove it. You jelly?

I was on the varsity bowling team in high school and played roller hockey for 2 years in college. I have also been on various baseball, football, basketball, ice hockey, roller hockey, and soccer teams over my lifetime.

Holy shit...never would I have thought that this would ever happen.

NERDS.gif

School sponsoring playing videogames and eating Doritos? Where am I?

No but seriously, I was a computer nerd and played videogames all day every day when I was a kid in school. I honestly don't believe educational institutes should be sponsoring playing videogames.

Videogames have their place, but education and overall employment isn't one of them. I guess that goes the same for jock sports too though....

School sponsoring playing videogames and eating Doritos? Where am I?

No but seriously, I was a computer nerd and played videogames all day every day when I was a kid in school. I honestly don't believe educational institutes should be sponsoring playing videogames.

Videogames have their place, but education and overall employment isn't one of them. I guess that goes the same for jock sports too though....

I would have loved being able to play games on school time! If the jocks get football practice, the nerds should too!

But I agree with you. And if the news is to be believed, kids are already playing a ton of fortnite in class anyway.

Wait til there's college scholarships for it. "I can't cut the grass mom, I'm studying &@%&#!"

Back