Revenge is mine! Enter the Adiabatic Quantum Flux Parametron.

https://spectrum.ieee.org/tech-talk...ssor-yields-a-substantial-boost-in-efficiency

Doubtful how running a fridge down to zero compares to Watts saved in a CPU that uses no energy?
And no for all my bookreadings, don't get me lying how those damn Josephsons supposedly work.
Can only tell you about 1950's resonating style. That weren't fast or cold, and definately ate power.

Energy is used its just none is wasted as heat. Nothing is 100% eff. There are losses somewhere in the energy cycle. Most likely a grotesque amount of power is used to reach ultra low kelvin temps to maintain super conductivity.

this will be super efficient in a nice planet. and maybe make the place more like earth for the future of space travel

Don't really know. Don't take as fact. Only how I hallucinate AQFP maybe works. Lies begin...

Phase shift usually refers to AC, but quantum DC Phase Current is a wave function, close enough.
Lumps go round a circle. Timing those lumps as they jump a gap is whats binary phase shift keyed.

What I don't know is how they pump all those gaps to keep the system energized and coordinated.
Maybe a superconducting bit doesn't need energy, but you can't just let them free run with random
phase timing or you won't be able to distinguish ones from zeros, or do meaningful logic with them.
So there pretty much has to be a parametric pump in the system somewhere.

Parametrons of olde were a synchronus logic, operated in three groups with a rolling blackout to
draw the flow of logic forward. Some power overlap is allowed to let new oscillations fully latch
before old ones get shut down. For reasons unknown, most quantum parametrons require an
extra timing group. Could be that resistors from the 1950's are inappropriate tech for quantum
vote mixing and contrary to the goal of superconducting. Or could be that simply shutting down
a group's pump isn't enough to quench superconducting oscillations. If you start and stop the
oscillations, isn't that just as bad as switching?

Of weird things I don't understand about Josepson Junctions: if DC current flows, they oscillate.
If given an AC oscillation in the absence of DC, a DC current will flow. Not sure which direction,
or if it matters, or if it encodes information. Or if its direction and not phase timing that matters?
Or maybe they are all the same thing and I can't wrap my head around it...

Last edited:
Back