Return to Newegg or RMA through ASRock

arcsum68

Limp Gawd
I know, avoid Newegg as much as possible. In this case the deals were just too good.

My Asrock board will only recognize channel a memory, so I think it has to go back.

Is it preferable to exchange with Newegg or RMA via Asrock? (I am aware of the new egg issues and am prepared to document my return if thats the best route.

I've personally had to return at least 3 dozen motherboards to Newegg in the past but this was before I started just using Microcenter for client builds.

Back when I did have to return motherboards to Newegg, I made sure the board was 1000% dead. Take that last sentence and read into it as you like.

If a board is flaky, meaning, it powers up but some hardware doesn't work, in your case, memory, the techs will return the board to you. Understand that once your money is collected, there is no motivation whatsoever to give you, the customer, a personalized experience to help you as best they can. They simply do not want to deal with you anymore than they have to. They will take your board, bench it and if it even remotely looks like it's ok, they will return it to you.

I've had boards returned to me, maybe 8 or 9 before I caught on to what they were doing that had real problems. USB ports that did not work, on-board sound that did not work, etc etc.

Finally, I used the 9v battery trick and never had a board returned to me other than a new board or refund. It's all a game with most of these companies. Play their own game back to them.

^^^ concur with this. Make sure the board is completely dead and return it to Newegg. Dead as in does not even power up.

I'm sure someone will complain about that, but, it's the only way to be sure of getting a replacement and not having your defective board sent back.

Though there is still a chance you'll get someone else's defective board sent to you. lol

Otherwise, Asrock's RMA is an option. They are SLOW though.

Newegg sells hundreds of millions of dollars in hardware. A very VERY large part of that is motherboards. If you think they have some clean room with dozens of highly trained employees in white suits carefully un-boxing your flaky motherboard and testing out every aspect of the board to pinpoint the exact problem. You're high on Doritos dust and hopped up on bawlz energy drinks.

No, they have a few high school slackers in jeans and played out Ed Hardy t-shirts stained with Chipotle they just had for lunch shoveling the fuck out of all of our boards as fast as they can. if your shit even pop and crackles or shows any sign of life, they will return the board to you.

I would support HardOCP in the future and use Amazon with their referral link. My GF and I just spent $$$$$ at Amazon and HardOCP should be getting something out of all those purchases. They have a great return policy. Better than Neweggs I would guess.

Returns with Amazon is pretty pain less. I've never even had to pay for return shipping with Amazon.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input. Sixfootduo, I sent you a PM, I wanted your opinion on something if you could. My entire experience with Newegg was bad from the beginning so this will be my last go with them. My order was damaged before it was even delivered and the warehouse held it and Newegg still wanted me to do a formal claim to return something I never even saw.

Being an Amazon Prime member is also pretty good incentive to avoid Newegg.

At the time I ordered from Newegg, everything was on sale, with rebates and a stackable coupon which saved me around $150 off the top. I had to re-order due to the damaged packaged and the new order was literally $150 more. After many calls it actually worked to my benefit since they gave me closer to $200 off the total, but I never felt like anything was easy.

Last edited:
Back