Return of the eBay/PayPal coupons.

Well, I did get the mail and the coupon worked fine for me. What's more, I used it on a 670 cpu the guy had mislabeled as a 530 (so the bidding was slow and low) which I got for $232. Then the $23 off. So I got that for 209 shipped, you gotta love it.

And, coupon code CPPEBAY03 saves you something like $3.50 on shipping (If you're paying by pp. And **I think** it can be reused up to 3/27. (Hey, every bit helps, you know)

ickywu said:
And, coupon code CPPEBAY03 saves you something like $3.50 on shipping (If you're paying by pp. And **I think** it can be reused up to 3/27. (Hey, every bit helps, you know)

it would not let me re-use it when i finally remembered. i almost slapped myself in the back of the head buying stuff and paying paypal like 3 times without using coupons and already knowing about this coupon, but i tried the last time and it said i couldnt do it again

I got the C-MAR2006ANNIV coupon code in the mail from Ebay. Offer ends March 31, 2006.

10% off - up - save up to $25.

YMMV.

overthetop said:
I got the C-MAR2006ANNIV coupon code in the mail from Ebay. Offer ends March 31, 2006.

YMMV.
Can you still use this if you used the C-March2006cat coupon?

overthetop said:

YMMV.
it didnt work for me.. :(

One thing they should tell you about these coupons. They are only discount one item only. If you buy multiple items, you can only get discount for 1 item.

RandysWay said:
Crap! I saw this too late (10% off)

Any new ones thats valid?
You missed the last one but starting April 16th there's a $20 off $100 coupon. You had to have recieved the email, but it's worth a shot either way.

Centauri said:
$20 off $100+ on Tech Items: C-APR2006TECH (Valid April 16 ~ 30)

And i already know what i'm buying :)

Talk about B.S.! Over 900 Ebay feedback, send thousands of dollars through PayPal each month, and I don't get squat. :(

Bastards.

heavyharmonies said:
Talk about B.S.! Over 900 Ebay feedback, send thousands of dollars through PayPal each month, and I don't get squat. :(

Bastards.
Have you tried it at least?

Centauri said:
$20 off $100+ on Tech Items: C-APR2006TECH (Valid April 16 ~ 30)

Share tales of your plunders. :cool:
Reminder bump

The new coupon begins this sunday April 16th, $20 off $100 as posted above.

Valid only for those who have recieved the email or ebay private message.

Yeah, this pisses me off too. I've been an eBay member for four years and have several hundred feedback. I have received no codes.

Centauri said:
Yeah, this pisses me off too. I've been an eBay member for four years and have several hundred feedback. I have received no codes.

Did you use paypal to pay for all your purchases?
The coupons are for paypal users tho.

I use paypal a lot and didn't get any of the coupons. Though I've gotten coupons in the past for paypal/ebay.

Here's a tip in which YMMV. Wednesday night at home about 7:45PM EST I got a phone call from eBay. The guy just wanted to let me know that they are randomly calling eBay members to offer their new toll free support and question line. While I was on the phone he put the message driectly from eBay into "my ebay" "my messages" so it was legit. So I asked him

"Why did all my friends get emailed coupons for discounts on electronics and fashions and I did not? I mean, I've got 100+ feedback, all positive, have spent over 40 grand (bought a truck and a boat over the past couple of years) and I did not get coupons. You guys think I don't need or want them?"

He looked at my account and almost immediatley offered up an unrestricted $25 eBay gift certificate. :D It's in my messages and the only requirement is I use it on eBay and have to pay with PayPal. No minimum, no category restrtictions. 25 bones for free is a coupon !!! Yeah baby !! BTW - I really did not get emailed the other coupons which he did somehow check. So - if you did not either and you get a call from them bragging about their new toll free support number - bitch that you did not get any coupons like all your friends. :p

Okay, I'm blind obviously because I can't find it; What is this toll free number? :p

They called me to tell me about it then put it in a message in my "My eBay" page. I'm not sure they are giving all users access to the toll free number. But when I got them to give me the 25 they had called me, I did not call them. Since it seems that the number could be specfically tied to my account, they are asking it not be given out, and it appears it's by invitation only I'm not going to post the whole number. Anyhow this is whats in the message they sent -

Announcing a Toll-Free Number for eBay Customer Support

Dear mixmansc:

You are invited to take advantage of a new eBay service -- Toll-Free eBay Customer Support.

Please keep this phone number handy, and the next time you need assistance from eBay, you can give us a call:

800-XXX-EBAY (800-XXX-3229)

This phone number is just for members like you who have been invited to participate, so please be ready to provide your member ID when you call. We also request that you not pass this number along.

We appreciate your activity on eBay and look forward to helping you make the most of your shopping experience.

Sincerely,

eBay Customer Support

Possible new code starting next week:

10% off up to $25: C-2Q2006MOVER - April 20th to May 15th, 2006

test first - don't absolutely count on it for all items...

And another:
$20 off $100 in technology:
C-APR2006TECH
Expires: 4/30/2006

oh sorry, this is a dupe but I'll leave it for those that missed the earlier post...

:rolleyes: Why oh why must these coupons come AFTER I buy the stuff... :( I thought eh exceeded last month's set. Usually they don't release them that often why not... >_<

i tried the new tech code, it said it couldnt work for my paypal account

-_-, well its not like i wasnt gonna buy it anyways, but still, 20 bucks off is nice

C-APR2006TECH, how come I can't use this coupon "This Redemption Code has not yet activated, please try use it later" ?? I got it in my email, my mail also in my ebay account too but can't even use it

has anyone tried C-2Q2006MOVER yet? I just tried the april tech coupon and it didn't work for me...

just tried the tech code today on some shure headphones and they didn't work. bummer. i really wanted new phones.

well, some places let you apply a coupon code before you check out. or you can check out, apply the coupon code and then not buy it.

To "test" an eBay/PayPal coupon code go to eBay, pick any item at random in which the seller accepts PayPal with a "Buy it Now" and most IMPORTANT is that the auction has "Immediate Payment Required" on the listing. This way the the item is not actually bought until you have paid. On the auction page "buy" the item and then hit "pay now" which will take you to PayPal. Go ahead and login to your PayPal account. The payment page comes up and has a box where can enter a coupon code and a button to update the price - do NOT hit the "complete payment" button or you WILL buy the item. When you hit the update price button after entering the code it will tell you if the code is good or not. Then simply close the browser - sine you never hit the "complete payment" button and it was an "Immediate Payment Required" ebay listing you have never actually bought the item. Works perfect for testing codes and is how I test them on eBay before buying something. :D

Just to reiterate - the ebay listing MUST have "immediate payment required" at the top by the price. If you try this with any other item you are still OBLIGATED to buy the item whether or not you complete the PayPal payment since you have ended the listing on ebay. The immediate payment required items will not actually end on ebay until you complete the paypal payment.

Ahh this sux, there is something I want to buy but thats conditional to this coupon. THis item did not have the immediate payment required. Plus the item is 99.95. I have a feeling that would screw me there, but maybe i could ask the guy to raise the price. $.05

Got an X1900 All-in-Wonder with the C-APR2006TECH coupon and it works for me. Thanks for the reminder! :)

The item you are actually planning on buying does not have to have immediate payment required. But you will be commited to buying the item whether the code works or not if you hit buy it now or place a winning bid.

You just need to find an item with immediate payment required to test a coupon code. Any item with immediate payment required will do - it does not matter what it is since you are not going to actually buy it.

I bought my Ipod Video 60gb, neither of these 2 codes worked.

C-APR2006TECH

C-2Q2006MOVER

O well, was still only $346 :)

Reminder bump

The C-APR2006TECH coupon expires tonight, april 30th

$20 off $100 on any tech purchase, which includes anything in their computer & consumer electronics categories.

C-APR2006TECH worked perfectly for me. I got me an Opteron 165 for $255 shipped with it :cool:

Back