Retail website submission? Getting Sales & Hits? Please help

Even if you did get hits, I wouldn't expect customers. No offense, but the site looks awful and scamish. It looks like it was simply thrown up in 10 minutes, which to many people, gives a 'fly by night' feel. Either hire a web designer, or find a nice, cheap template.

BBowermaster said:
Even if you did get hits, I wouldn't expect customers. No offense, but the site looks awful and scamish. It looks like it was simply thrown up in 10 minutes, which to many people, gives a 'fly by night' feel. Either hire a web designer, or find a nice, cheap template.

I agree.

you cant expect people to buy something from a web site that (no offense, but) looks like it was designed by a 8th grader. It just looks like a bunch of pictures thrown together and a couple links here and there. As with everything, you get what you pay for, and you gotta spend money to make money.

I can design your site for you for a nominal fee. AIM me: lefty31199 if you're interested.

thank you guys for being honest. i was able to find an old template on my hard drive. any better?
thanks a lot guys, means a lot

fenderltd said:
www.degoodstuff.com/motor

Would like some input on that rough draft of this site

Many Thanks,

i dont like that layout. i dunno

that latest news section on the left runs into the dark grey on the side.

those "other stuff' thing just stands out too much.

i mean you can just TELL its a template and thrown together. no offense.

fenderltd said:
The company I used was berankednumber1.net
That looks like pretty dodgy to me.

Here's a clue that they went all out on designing their own site:

<!-- Provided by MyFreeTemplates.com -->

They claim to have been in business for 8 years, but the domain was created in 2003?

It's evident they know nothing about how to use meta tags (they have no keyword or description tags) or how to use page titles effectively.

Improper punctuation ("no per click fee's" - there shouldn't be an apostrophe there).

"In order to maintain good rankings it is important to continue submitting your website on a regular basis." - That is simply not true.

I think this outfit is a waste of money.

Now, a few comments on your site...

There is nothing relevant on your "about" page. I won't do business with an outfit I know nothing about. There's no street address or phone #.

There's no up front info about shipping, taxes or returns. "SIGN UP FOR OUR SPECIAL SALES EMAIL! YOU'LL LOVE THE SAVINGS!" yet you have no privacy policy to assure me that you won't share my email. These are all red flags for me.

You are using an AOL account for paypal.

The text colors on your site map page are pretty much illegible to me in both IE and FF.

Ditch the public counter. The fact that you've had ~1500 hits does not impress me, in fact, it has the opposite effect.

Don't mean to be harsh, but overall your site does not inspire my confidence to do business with you.

Back