Retail Boxed Athlon 64 X2 3800 $241AC @ Dell SB (or $231AC/FC), free shipping

pxc

Extremely [H]
You need a 25% off coupon for this deal. Dell emailed these out today. If you didn't receive one, there are some available on eBay for around (edit) $6.

link

math: $321.82 - $80.46 25% off + tax (if your state has a sales tax) = $241.36 + possible tax, free shipping

If you sign up for fatcash and click through there to dell small business (search for x2 3800, then click the software and peripherals tab), you can get 2.25% back = $5.42. Fatcash also has a promotion right now that for earning at least $5 before 3/31 you get a bonus $5. That makes the CPU $231.35AC/FC. If you don't know what fatcash is, google it. :p

There is also a similar deal for the X2 4400: link $499.63 - 25% off $124.91 = $374.72. Or with fatcash: $374.72 - $8.43 fatcash - $5 bonus = $361.29.

edit: for the big spenders, the X2 4800 is $687.28 - 25% off $171.82 = $515.46. fatcash + bonus is another $16.60 back ($498.86).

the rest of the 25% off Athlon 64/FX deals:
A64 3500+ $219.27 - 25% off = $164.45 (FC = $3.70, not enough to qualify for the $5 bonus)

A64 3200+ $165.82 - 25% off = $124.37 (FC = $2.80, not enough to qualify for the $5 bonus)

A64 3700+ $254.18 - 25% off = $190.64 (FC = $4.29, not enough to qualify for the $5 bonus)

AFX-57 $884.73 - 25% off = $663.55 (- $19.93 FC/bonus = $643.62)

edit2: Just to clarify, you can only receive one fatcash bonus. You must earn at least $5 in fatcash (in 1 or more transactions) by 3/31 to get the $5 bonus.

anyone done this? or got a 25% off coupon they are not going to use to pass my way?

Signed up for future emails. I would use a coupon now if someone has one they are willing to part with. :)

Man, I've been looking for a deal like this for months now...and I don't have a coupon. :mad:

These guys selling the coupons on eBay sure know how to make a smart buck, even if I hate their guts for charging a fee. I doubt anyone would be willing to give up a coupon to the average joe looking for one... *sigh*

I wonder why Dell doesn't have any of the 4200+ models in stock. If they did and I had a coupon, I'd spring on it for sure.

Shorehn said:
I wonder why Dell doesn't have any of the 4200+ models in stock. If they did and I had a coupon, I'd spring on it for sure.
Actually, Dell doesn't have any of these in stock. They use a 3rd party fulfillment company for most non-Dell branded items. That company was and may still be TechData.

Hmm I am not using mine. Willing to give it to someone. First one to PM me gets it. :D

Good eye, and I WOULD jump on it, but after tax and shipping and the 1-2 week wait period, that's a little much for me.

Ordered an X2 4400 from ZZF with no regrets.

Apallohadas said:
Good eye, and I WOULD jump on it, but after tax and shipping and the 1-2 week wait period, that's a little much for me.

Ordered an X2 4400 from ZZF with no regrets.

Free shipping

Apallohadas said:
3rd party fulfillment always says 1-2 weeks. It usually takes 2-4 days, at least from my last 2 orders. And shipping is free.

I'm cheaper so I have no regrets waiting a couple of extra days. :p ZZF charges me tax (like newegg and 90% of other cheaper sites since they're all in CA). My lowest cost options for a X2 3800 are monarch for $299 shipped or Dell for $250AC/FC shipped including tax. Easy choice.

Shorehn said:
Man, I've been looking for a deal like this for months now...and I don't have a coupon. :mad:

LOL, and to think that I panicked when I saw this because I thought I had already cleared out my "Junk" file (Dell's ads go there by default). Luckily, I haven't committed the deletion -- so I jumped on this :D

Danke pxc!

nice! grabbed a coupon from that ebay guy and picked up 2 3800 x2's and a 3200 for a client's pc. thanks a lot op

i have the dell ad in the mail and it says 20% of S&P but it wont work when i input it. wtf is up? anyone?

anyone else have a coupon they are not using? my paypal is empty... :( but I will send a couple bucks in a few days if someone will send me there code

Already Taken
No more PM's, please

I will give my coupon to first person to PM

intogamer said:
how do you get money from fatcash?

they mail a check?
They have a FAQ. I request mine to be sent as a PayPal payment.

anyone know exactly when the dell coupon dies? friend is looking to upgrade

The only thing the coupon and the site says is expires 1/25/06

Ooph. They expire tommorow? That's no good. If there's anyone out there with one of these coupons, and they have no plans of using it, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm building a new rig, and this would allow me enough cash to get that 7800GT I've been wanting to put into it :D

Woohoo...got a coupon from someone and snatched up an X2 3800 for ~$248 after the Fatwallet rebate. Life is good!

C'mon, people, be generous...help out your fellow techies in need and give out some coupons.

I could use a code as well so I can get my system going. looking to get a 4800X2 . sweet deal. can anybody hook me up?

As I understand it, the Fatwallet rebate works like this.

1) Sign up on Fatwallet.
2) Under their links to different stores, click on the one to Dell Small Business.
3) Go and purchase your item. Do NOT navigate away from the site. The rebate will NOT show up on the shipping screen.
4) The retailer - in this case, Dell - calls up Fatwallet after a few days and lets them know about your purchase. It then gets processed into your account. This whole processing process could take up to a few weeks.
5) You can then get the check from Fatwallet after everything's all processed.

I have been willing and dealing for you guys with folks on ebay

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, we have more
please tell them send non-cc payments exactly $4.93 to [email protected] and they will get this coupon automatically
Thanks!

On 1/24/06, ccook <zi(edit)[email protected]> wrote:
Thanks but I got one, but if you have more coupons the people on these forums are looking and would buy
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.hardforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

This is in no way related to me, except for that I got a coupon from him that worked. so use at your own risk his ebay name is shophero....

I have a spare code if anyone wants it. PM me in the next 5 mins pls before I go to bed.
Update: Nalif was the first one at 10:54 PM.

edit: If this is good on all accesories, there might be some good deals on other stuff like the Hauppauge TV Tuner card, or maybe the Radeon X800.

If people actually see this ship, be sure to let us know.
Dell has canceled at least 50% of these kinds of deals in the past.
I managed to score an x2 @ a $50 discount last time this happened
but now the discount is even higher, like $60-$65, so wow.

Got the X2 3800+ for $241 but the tax really rapes you. My tax was something like $16. :mad: Still, not a bad deal considering that after I sell my 3200+ I will have gotten the 3800+ for almost half off retail price. Plus, then I'll bump it to 2.2GHz and have a X2 4200+ for really cheap.

7800GTX 512's after 25% coupon are $590 + tax. Pretty cheap, no ?
EDIT: DONT BUY. "Usually ships in 6+ weeks"

Rob

Back