Restart hang with nvme ssd in Windows 10?

Kdawg

[H]ard|Gawd
Just wondering if anyone has had issues restarting Windows when running off nvme drive.

970 evo plus 1tb + Windows 1909 doesn't let me restart fully.
Windows shuts down, bios boots, and then windows just doesn't load.
ctrl alt del will force reboot at bios, and windows will finally load.

disabling secure boot lets me restart once. But the second time I try to restart, it will hang again with a blank blue screen.

It's like something stops Windows from loading, but there are no log entries that tell me what's causing this.

and it doesn't make sense why first restart works, but second restart attempt does not.

Just wondering if anyone has had issues restarting Windows when running off nvme drive.
and it doesn't make sense why first restart works, but second restart attempt does not.
disable fast boot in the bios, see if that does any thing,, as your doing a force reboot at the bios that counts as a failed boot so it might be doing a normal full detect boot with allows a normal startup, somthing in your system might not be liking fast startup or has not fully initialised

also turn of fast start (not related to the BIOS fast startup) up in windows (it's in the classic power section > under "Choose what the power button does on the top right") as its useless using fast startup when you have a SSD and causes loads of problems when a program is expecting the next power up to be a clean startup not a Hibernate shutdown

Last edited:
Back