[resolved]

cesium666

Supreme [H]ardness
Edited 6/18:

In the end peanuthead went above and beyond to resolve my issue. I retract my complaint and have no hesitation in trading with him in the future.

Last edited:
Paypal increased there dispute filing window to 180 days ie 6 months. I believe you need to call though if its after 45 days.

PayPal expanding return window to six months

I believe I've been more than patient at this point, and I see that peanuthead is actively online and posting so there is no chance that he has not seen my PMs. I do not know what else to do at this point other than post here.

Based on that I don't think you have any other options. Dispute it with paypal.

First - Mods, please leave this open until resolved so we can have full transparency with this issue. I have nothing to hide or reason to hide.

Well the above is mostly correct. In all fairness and full transparency this was the least of my focus with what I have going on presently. However, you are correct in that should have been quicker to handle the issue. I apologize for that. Once thing you DEFINITELY didn't mention is that the drive was completely sealed and unopened when you received it. Much to my surprise you have 3100+ power on hours so that means I received it that way too. Either way I am willing to stand behind by transaction and because you did report the issue in a timely manner. I definitely not out to get anyone or anything from anyone. I've been here a long time and plan to keep it that way.

I need two things from you; one, the drive needs to be returned to me in the same condition it was sent to you. (I don't expect you to throw it across the room, but it covers the both of us.) Two, I just need your address PMed and I will have the same model drop shipped to you with a full year warranty. I will need to confirm the warranty time period, workings, etc. to cover my bases, to see if I need to be involved in the warranty process or not (if it should be needed). If I do, great. If I don't, great. I am happy to oblige either way. I will just have to chalk the failing drive up to the cost of doing business. I definitely don't need the static over a single hard drive that I didn't know wasn't in the condition that I sold it as. Does that sound like a reasonable and swift resolution to you? If so or not, please let me know.

Last edited:
Very fair, sorry for omitting that the drive did in fact come in a new sealed bag (added it to op). I just wanted a response and so got frustrated, and I appreciate your acknowledging that. You have otherwise been an excellent seller. Thanks for your offer, it is very fair and I accept. I shall PM you.

No worries. I'm not upset. I just want the transaction to be fair and all the air to be cleared. I'll be on the look out for your PM. I should be able to post back here and have an answer by EOD tomorrow about the warranty.

Now kith

hUNAo.jpg

I just heard back. The drive warranty is by serial number, and will be ordered tomorrow.

Peanuthead is my #1 source of gently used goods for a reason.

Last edited:
Just so there is a resolution shown to this I did receive the drive back. I've been using the drive in my home server for about 2 weeks without any issues and I have written small files to large files to it (over 37GB files). Regardless another drive with 1 year warranty has been ordered and shipped.

Yes I received it, and just installed it and am running error scan but barring any issues there am thoroughly satisfied. I can't explain why I had a very different experience with the drive (for me it was errors and slowdowns and grinding noise while writing to the disk, but otherwise fine at idle), but I very much appreciate how you resolved this. Thanks so much. No hesitation with buying/selling with you in the future.

I can also testify to peanut's fast responses and reasonable 0
prices. A-fucking-plus

Back