[Resolved] Did I get ripped off by Vankman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agima

Weaksauce
Hello everyone. I need your advice on this.

I've recently bought something from a guy named Vankman here on [H]ard|Forum, but since then I haven't received anything, and the guy doesn't even repond to my PM, and he as been lurking the forums nearly everyday since I bought the item from him. I'm very patient and forgiving by nature, but I feel like I've been ripped off this time. I'm not a power buyer, I only bought from different forums around 10 items since the last year or two, but I've never had any problem at all with my transactions...

Here's the story :

11-10-2006 : I've sent Vankman a PM and I've asked him about his Adaptec 2906 NIC, http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1101514, telling him I would pay 10$ instead of the 7$ he asked because I'm in Canada.

11-11-2006 : He replied to me stating that for 10$, everything was fine with him. The same day, I have agreed to make the deal and immediatly sent him the money through Paypal, since he had good ebay feedback (http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=vankman001&ssPageName=STRK:ME:UFS). I've also sent him another PM right after I sent the paypal payment, just to confirm that everything went smoothly on my part. I've even included in my PM a "Shipping to Canada guide", a guide that I've made based on my friend and I own experiences with buying goods from the USA, so he and I wouldn't have any problem with shipping/customs issues.

11-15-2006 : I've waited patiently, but since I didn't got any news/confirmation on his part, I've sent him another PM asking him if he has sent the item, and if he could provide me the USPS tracking number.

11-20-2006 : Still no response. Sent him another PM asking him the same thing, adding that I was a little worried about him not responding to me.

Like I said, he as been lurking in the forum nearly if not everyday since I've bought the item. So. what do you think? Any advice?

- Agima

If hes been logging in and out of the forums and not replying to you then somethings up. Its been 10 days since you started the deal and no response so start a paypal dispute, maybe that'll get his attention.

Usuaully Paypal is pretty good about getting your money back if it is a tangible item. Just hope he didn't move it out of his Paypal account. Sometimes they can get it back, sometimes not. I also had Paypal Reimburse me once for a $20 fee. This was only because the guy automatically put the money in his bank and then cancelled it. Like I said, Paypal is fairly good at getting your money back, or giving a little nudge to the guy to actually ship the item.

I think I've been patient enough.

I've opened a paypal dispute in the Resolution Center. Maybe this will jolt Vankman a bit...

[EDIT] I've also PM'ed Vankman about the paypal dispute, asking him to be a gentleman and settle this in a civilized way.

Thanks for your suggestion guys. I'll keep you all informed on the progress of this thing as it goes on.

Hello people!

Here's what happened since the last time I've posted :

11-21-06 : I've opened paypal dispute to try to "jolt" Vankman and have him respond to my PM's. I've sent him also a PM regarding the dispute. Here's what I've sent him :

Agima said:
Hello Vankman

Since I haven't got any reply from you in my last PM's, I just want to inform you that I've filled a Paypal Dispute against you. So be a gentlemen and let's settle this thing before it goes out of hand.

I've sent you the same message via you email too.

Take care,

Éric

11-22-06 : I've finally received a response from him! That's the first contact with him since 12 days! Here's what he wrote to me :

Vankman said:
WOW! My first paypal dispute. I do not have the tracking number here but, I did send you the SCSI card per your instructions (Canada instructions). It's up to you but, I can just return/whatever the $10 and you can refuse shipment on the card when it gets there or wait for it. LMK

Here's my reply :

Agima said:
Allright. Let's try to clear up thing here.

1) Why haven't you responded to any of my PM's? It took you 11 days to give me any sign of life, and I know that you've been browsing on [H]ard|forum nearly if not everyday since...

2) You're saying that "you don't have the tracking number here". So I'm asking you again : when did you ship the SCSI card and what is the tracking number then? It's written on the copy that USPS gave you.

I'll waited a reply from you with the info that I need, before asking you any refund. Maybe you did sent the card, maybe it has taken more time then usual at the customs, but understand me that with no tracking number, I don't have any proof, until I receive a package, that you actually did sent something to me. With this number, I'll be able to verify if, when and where is the package now.

Thanks for replying. I'll be waiting news from you, soon I hope.

And his final response :

Vankman said:
1.You know I have been online? I assume you mean that you saw that I have been to the forums logged in as me. I guess you think I live alone with one computer and not in a home with 4 PCs and 3 people.

2. I said I didn't have the tracking "here". I was at home and I sent the card to you when I was at work so that is where the tracking number is.

3. I have refunded you the $10. When you get the card please refuse shipment.

11-28-06 : I've received the 10$ refund from paypal (status was pending). I've sent him a last PM thanking him for his refund, and If I do receive the SCSI card, I'll refuse the package.

So, in the end, the package was supposedly sent, but I was refunded, and if I do receive it, I'll sent it back. To this date, I haven't received any package at all.

So, I'm not gonna judge Vankman, after all I did get a refund from him, the only thing I can say about him is that he should be more careful with his buyers, giving them the information that they asked, promptly, that's all. Draw up your own conclusion if you want, I'm just a very forgiving person.

Case closed!

"Originally Posted by Vankman
1.You know I have been online? I assume you mean that you saw that I have been to the forums logged in as me. I guess you think I live alone with one computer and not in a home with 4 PCs and 3 people."

while it's good that he didn't screw you, he seems a bit immature to trade with. Another name for my DNT list :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back