resolution question

ne0-reloaded

[H]ard|Gawd
ive been looking through the gallery and was wondering how do you get the image quality so clear? my s-video on my card is connected to my tv (27in flat screen) but the picture and some text doesnt look as good as it does on my computer. i know the res on tvs and monitors are different, but the pics in the gallery look so much better than mine. also, i watch svcds stored on my pc on my tv and was wondering is there a way to get the sound from my pc to come out the speakers on my tv (currently i have to use headphones. i dont like using my speakers because my tv is to the front, but the my pc speakers audio is coming from the right).

thanks

Okay, use the Composite out on your video card (yellow connector) and get something like this that has a headphone jack on one end and the two plugs (read and white) on the other end (like in the pic) you can find them for around $5 too.
Okay you have those in hand so plug the audio cable for the audio out port on your mother board and plug the composite out (or svideo if you have it) on your video card, now plug all three cables into you tv using the colors. You'll have to "clone" your display or something like that to get it to move over to your TV, those things are in the display properties thing.

standard def tvs only support 800x600 (some even less), most "real" htpc are using an HD monitor sort of comparable to 1024x1280 or 1200x1600. Check out avsforums.com for all the htpc info u could want.d

Back