Resolution changes when turning monitor on

ZippZopp

Limp Gawd
I have a Radeon 6450 in my HTPC. It is hooked up via hdmi to my denon x4000 and that is hooked up to my 55 inch samsung tv. I'm running windows media center in windows 8.1. When I turn the receiver and tv back on I notice that my screen resolution has changed to 1024x768 . If I minimize windows media center and go to the desktop the resolution changes back to 1920x1080 and then I can go back into media center and it is fine. Any ideas on how to keep this from even happening? It didn't happen when I was using the onboard video on my motherboard which is an asus p8z77-v pro

it's more than likely when the tv's off the drivers/windows automatically reload a generic display/resolution which is always 1024x768. so when you minimize WMC its causes the drivers to detect the new resolution and it changes. there may be a way in the video drivers to always force a resolution, you might want to try that. i know i had to do it years ago(like 5 or 6 years ago) with a card because it refused to use the resolution the tv actually supported but the drivers now are a lot more automated so the option might not be there anymore.

Back