Resistance 2. 60 man MP, 8 player coop, 2 campaigns

Aerobahn

Limp Gawd
-One campaign focusing on Nathan Hale across USA
-One separate story based -campaign supporting 2 players offline, 8 players Online
-Online Multiplayer (dedicated servers) supporting 60 people, lobbies for individual squads
-Classes for online, templates include Heavy, Special Ops, Medic
-Mobile phone quality headset voice transfer
-Partial randomized geometry in level spots
-Boss fights in FPS gaming finally done right
-New vehicles including Chameleon (Stalker with cloak)
-Insane stat tracking & community features coupled with MyResistance.net

PS3 08 lineup is steller.

Insomniac really did the best job ive ever seen with the smoothness of online play with Resistance 1. Warhawk is the only other game ive seen be as good as far as latency goes on any system.

I hope they can pull this off, im really looking forward to all of this.

8 player CO-OP ? Wow. That's amazing if it's got its own unique campaign.

I'm expecting a major leap in graphics/# of enemies. In an interview, Insomniac said Ratchet Future pushed the PS3 three times as hard as Resistance. And he stated their next gen software will extract just as large an increase in performance!

Hopefully Resistance 2 is the "next gen" software to which he referred. I think it's got to be. :D

Insomniac really did the best job ive ever seen with the smoothness of online play with Resistance 1. Warhawk is the only other game ive seen be as good as far as latency goes on any system.

I hope they can pull this off, im really looking forward to all of this.

actually, every game I've played on PSN has been extraordinarily smooth. I have clearwire, now that I live in Alaska. its ok for surfing and light downloading (about 180kbs is the best I can hope for usually) but it gets me kicked from servers on EVERY PC game i've tried. no more BF2 *sniff*

but I have had ZERO problems playing resistance, CoD 3, CoD 4, and most recently and most often of any of those, UT3. on PC it would be a quarter to a half second delay from clicking to actual weapon firing. On PS3 and PSN, I've been doing VERY well in team deathmatch. never even a hiccup to speak of really.

Oh this sounds awesome! I can't wait. Anyone actually know when it's supposed to be out though? This year?

Some Screenshots/scans from game informer, they look great! Cant wait!
00352d.jpg

00352e.jpg

00352f.jpg

003530.jpg

Sounds sweet. I loved the first one. If anyone can pull it off Insomniac can.

Dedicated servers FTW. 60people.. that is why P2P like xboxLIVE suck. who can host a 20+ player game?? let alone 60

-One campaign focusing on Nathan Hale across USA
-One separate story based -campaign supporting 2 players offline, 8 players Online
-Online Multiplayer (dedicated servers) supporting 60 people, lobbies for individual squads
-Classes for online, templates include Heavy, Special Ops, Medic
-Mobile phone quality headset voice transfer
-Partial randomized geometry in level spots
-Boss fights in FPS gaming finally done right
-New vehicles including Chameleon (Stalker with cloak)
-Insane stat tracking & community features coupled with MyResistance.net

PS3 08 lineup is steller.

So if this is anything like the actual Ps3's showings thus far.. They will cut 60 players to around 30, probably drop online play, stat tracking will suck, no separate story, etc.

I'll believe this when i see it. I played the first resistence once and thought it was just another FPS. Maybe this one will be tons better.

Resistance is going to be a new franchise with Sony wince it was the only successful launch game (mostly), so i'm sure we'll be seeing a few of these games.

So if this is anything like the actual Ps3's showings thus far.. They will cut 60 players to around 30, probably drop online play, stat tracking will suck, no separate story, etc.

I'll believe this when i see it. I played the first resistence once and thought it was just another FPS. Maybe this one will be tons better.

So i guess you dont remember Resistance has 40 players online and great stat tracking already...

dont think is is a stretch. PSNs online play delivery has been one bright spot compared to the 360 when it comes to numbers of players and stable latency.

So i guess you dont remember Resistance has 40 players online and great stat tracking already...

dont think is is a stretch. PSNs online play delivery has been one bright spot compared to the 360 when it comes to numbers of players and stable latency.

Oh wow really? I was unaware of that only played offline and wasn't too impressed.

We'll see how this one pans out

Oh wow really? I was unaware of that only played offline and wasn't too impressed.

We'll see how this one pans out

Yeah i agree that single player felt like just another FPS. But it really plays flawless in multiplayer matches, and its extremely fun.

I thought the single player was pretty damned good for the first one.. never played it online, though. As of right now this seems like a dream game, I'm excited.

It'll be a grande ol' game.

As for 60 Players, seeing as how Resistance supports 40, that's damn feasible. Hell, I am sure it's going down!

I thought the single player was pretty damned good for the first one.. never played it online, though. As of right now this seems like a dream game, I'm excited.

I'm almost finished with the SP campaign and I agree, it's pretty damn good. I'm, really looking forward to the sequel.

It'll be a grande ol' game.

As for 60 Players, seeing as how Resistance supports 40, that's damn feasible. Hell, I am sure it's going down!

Insomniac has show they know how to work the PS3 and I have lots of faith that this will be one of the better looking/playing games on the PS3 to date when its release hits. Cant wait.

If they add mouse and keyboard support, then it would be AMAZING :cool:

Ditto. I HAS TO HAVE MOUSE AND KEYBOARD SUPPORT! I really hate how consoles have yet to adapt it, except for UT3.

I hope 60 player multi doesn't mean cluster fucks. I am hoping for LARGE wide open maps.

Ditto. I HAS TO HAVE MOUSE AND KEYBOARD SUPPORT! I really hate how consoles have yet to adapt it, except for UT3.

I hope 60 player multi doesn't mean cluster fucks. I am hoping for LARGE wide open maps.

From an interview I read it seemed they would slow down the pace a bit and try to focus on squad vs squad combat.

From an interview I read it seemed they would slow down the pace a bit and try to focus on squad vs squad combat.

I think that's a brilliant move, if the team play is anything like CoD4 online then it will be awesome with the amount of ppl. Sounds like its gonna be a mix of CoD4 with TF2 classes. That is a good thing.

The maps have to be big with that many ppl, hopefully they'll be UT3 Warfare style big. Add vehicles, kb + mouse support and it will be the definitive fps game. Maybe I'm asking for too much :D

R2 looks like it will be pretty good. Resistance was a little more of the standard FPS faire, but that's fine. I didn't play through the complete single player but the game seemed solid. The graphics certainly look like a great improvement over the first game. I hope that by the time it comes out, the PS3's online system is better setup for friend to friend interactions. The 8 player co-op play sounds interesting, but I think for long play sessions, people would end up having to opt for corded mic solutions so they don't drop out of voice chat when the battery in the bluetooth HS runs out. I think if players are pulling random people off the internet, they'll have to get used to having teammates without voice chat which would be a little annoying. Still, a separate storyline setup for co-op sounds cool. It would be nice to see at least 2 player co-op in the regular game. I didn't see anywhere if they are implementing that.

The one thing I'm concerned about is if this game will actually make 2008. It seems like they are trying to do an awful lot for what seems like a relatively short development time. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it got pushed to 2009.

Back