Resident Evil Village (RE8)

That's from the PS5 demo. Not really a "boss fight" (you can't actually do anything but pick-up and use items), but that's where you encounter the only NPC's in the demo.
They haven't shown a ton of action-based gameplay thus far, but it looks more or less like RE7 in the GameSpot video. I'm still concerned about the length of the game. RE7 simply wasn't that big of a game and RE2 & 3 weren't either. Most of those games involved a lot of backtracking in 1-2 areas. RE4 was a massive, massive game by any standards. The setting for Village screams "epic" to me and I hope it isn't a letdown.

Capcom says Lady Dimitrescu is 9'6" tall, or 2.9m.

https://twitter.com/RE_Games/status/1356391885816823808?s=09

Comparison image. Apparently the hat and heels contribute to the character's height.

1612285525849.png

Last edited:
This reminds me I need to get back and finish RE7 Gold - I have the complete thing, I just need to restart and finish it! Clearly the protagonist and other elements from 7 are going to be involved in 8. Also, the internet has collectively generated a giant, raging, throbbing horny for Lady Dimitrescu at a rate that normally requires the game to actually be available. Fanart isn't unexpected of course given Rule 34 but the amount of cosplay-thotting taking place this early is staggering! Capcom confirming her height I'm sure will only cause the phenomena to grow.

Edit: Holy shit, I can't believe I didn't pick up on it immediately! In Japan, there is an "urban legend" with a character known as "Hashaaku-sama" who is an 8+ foot tall woman with a wide-brim hat, often wearing white (at least the hat is white; a color associated with death in Japan and many East Asian cultures) who is known to kidnap either children/teenagers or in some cases young-ish men (ie 20s or 30s at most). She's almost always extremely attractive with a curvy figure, but something is eerily "off" about her ; in some versions of the story she has (or can grow) her fingernails into claws and in others her face shifts from the perfect ideal of refined beauty to something horrible (often when others either detect her or she's about to "strike" ) This is not a character I've seen echoed in Western media very often so Capcom doing a take on this trope is neat indeed.

Last edited:
The main 2 RE7 DLC missions are as good as the main game. They're quirky, but different and fun. The gameshow stuff is kinda fun, too. I'll probably replay everything prior to this coming out myself.

This reminds me I need to get back and finish RE7 Gold - I have the complete thing, I just need to restart and finish it! Clearly the protagonist and other elements from 7 are going to be involved in 8. Also, the internet has collectively generated a giant, raging, throbbing horny for Lady Dimitrescu at a rate that normally requires the game to actually be available. Fanart isn't unexpected of course given Rule 34 but the amount of cosplay-thotting taking place this early is staggering! Capcom confirming her height I'm sure will only cause the phenomena to grow.
My early research has shown that Lady Dimitrescu cosplay is a fine display and tribute to the art medium, but I require further study to come to a definitive conclusion.

My early research has shown that Lady Dimitrescu cosplay is a fine display and tribute to the art medium, but I require further study to come to a definitive conclusion.
Translation: The tall lady is hot and I love looking at big titties. Possible lesbian fantasies. :joyful:

"Fans" can twist anything to an extreme degree. But, her design is really tasteful. Especially for a videogame. And I think its a great twist for a main enemy in an RE game. Hopefully her backstory is equally tasteful....?!

"Fans" can twist anything to an extreme degree. But, her design is really tasteful. Especially for a videogame. And I think its a great twist for a main enemy in an RE game. Hopefully her backstory is equally tasteful....?!
I think she's a Tyrant, much more refined than Mr. X or Nemesis though.

I like the villain, she seems REALLY intimidating.

Though I'm not sure what the whole drool fest is over her, maybe I'm not the demographic...

I like the villain, she seems REALLY intimidating.

Though I'm not sure what the whole drool fest is over her, maybe I'm not the demographic...
I saw a tweet the other day. Someone had photoshopped one of those silicone butts /w vagina to be included in the collectors edition of the game. It was pretty funny & looked legit. They spent some time coloring it in the Tall ladies flesh tone. I was going to post it hear but didn't want to get smashed by the ban hammer.

Does anybody know who portrays the Vampire Lady? Is she played by a motion capture actress?
Don't know much about the cast of the game, yet, other than knowing the late Jeanette Maus voiced one of Dimitrescu's daughters. Speculation is that Dimitrescu is voiced by Mary McGlynn.

Can this be played as a standalone RE game?
I think so. I don't think any of the prior games required having played through the others to understand it. There may be things scattered throughout the game that you won't get without having played prior titles, but it shouldn't be detrimental to the experience.

Not since the PS1/PS2 era :D
I would not want to jump into this game without playing all the main games which can all be had on Steam and have been on sale numerous times for dirt cheap. A little over 15 years ago I got interested in the series and bought a Gamecube along with RE 0, RE 1, RE 2, RE 3, Code Veronica X, and RE 4. I then later played RE 5, RE 6, RE 7, RE 2 remake and RE 3 remake when they were released. Needless to say I have pre ordered RE 8. :D

If you dont wont to fool with the older games then at least get RE 2 remake, RE 3 remake and/or at the very least RE 7.

I would not want to jump into this game without playing all the main games which can all be had on Steam and have been on sale numerous times for dirt cheap. A little over 15 years ago I got interested in the series and bought a Gamecube along with RE 0, RE 1, RE 2, RE 3, Code Veronica X, and RE 4. I then later played RE 5, RE 6, RE 7, RE 2 remake and RE 3 remake when they were released. Needless to say I have pre ordered RE 8. :D

If you dont wont to fool with the older games then at least get RE 2 remake, RE 3 remake and/or at the very least RE 7.

Got it, will do that thank you.

There are a gazillion RE games, especially if you count the spin-offs. Even though I'm a big fan of them (and encourage you to try some older ones), you shouldn't need to play through them all to enjoy this game. You're looking at hundreds of hours to play through them all. Especially 4 and 6, which are notably long and challenging.
You could just read a plot synopsis or watch one of those recap videos to get up to speed in a half hour. You don't even need to 100% do that if you don't mind a few references flying over your head. That said, I would play through RE7 first if you can. This one is a direct sequel to 7 (like RE3 was to RE2), so familiarizing yourself with that one should make this one more enjoyable. 7 was mostly disconnected from the prior games (4 was, too) so you won't miss out on much if you start with that one.

Judging by what we've seen so far you probably really need to play 4-7 to get what is going on in 8. I still standby what I said earlier that the game would probably be enjoyable by itself.

I just have The Evil Within 1 and 2 on Steam. Which are basically good versions that spun off of RE 4.

I just have The Evil Within 1 and 2 on Steam. Which are basically good versions that spun off of RE 4.

I dunno about that. I love RE4 but didn't like the Evil Within games at all. They look a bit like RE4, but have more of an old school vibe where your weapons are incredibly limited and you're having to run/sneak a ton. The PC ports were also rather clumsy. I'd take the weakest RE titles (5 and 6 IMO) vs. either of them.

I dunno about that. I love RE4 but didn't like the Evil Within games at all. They look a bit like RE4, but have more of an old school vibe where your weapons are incredibly limited and you're having to run/sneak a ton. The PC ports were also rather clumsy. I'd take the weakest RE titles (5 and 6 IMO) vs. either of them.
I though the 1st one was pretty good. The 2nd was meh to me.

Can this be played as a standalone RE game?

I haven't played any of the RE games outside of RE7 and enjoyed it...I'm sure RE8 will be the same...it helps in terms of knowing some of the character and story beats but is far from required to have played all of them

Back