Resident Evil 8: Village

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Resident Evil Re:Verse open beta available to preload

The beta will start on April 8th (technically April 7th at 11:00 PM PST) and will be available until April 11th...

Domingo

Fully [H]
The Re: Verse Beta is available on the PS5 as well. Not sure I care that much, but I might tinker with it.

Armenius

Fully [H]
RE:Verse is what Capcom makes to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the series. I can't even...

relapse808

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone get to try out the beta today? I wont be able to do so until after work.

polonyc2

Fully [H]
New hour-long Resident Evil Village demo comes to PC on May 2

In a livestream showcase for Resident Evil Village today, Capcom producer Tsuyoshi Kanda announced that a new demo will be available on May 2nd...And unlike the last demo, which was limited to the Sony PlayStation, this one will be available on consoles as well as PC and Stadia

The new time-limited demo will let you play for 60 minutes...

RE8.jpg

Domingo

Fully [H]
I like the hour-long demo idea. Will definitely be giving that a spin, although I'm 99% sure I'll be picking this game up anyway. The fact that they're willingly tossing demos at us left and right strikes me as confidence in the product, though.

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
New hour-long Resident Evil Village demo comes to PC on May 2

In a livestream showcase for Resident Evil Village today, Capcom producer Tsuyoshi Kanda announced that a new demo will be available on May 2nd...And unlike the last demo, which was limited to the Sony PlayStation, this one will be available on consoles as well as PC and Stadia

The new time-limited demo will let you play for 60 minutes...

View attachment 348175

60 minutes is all you get game is so good =)

Nightfire

2[H]4U
Performance numbers for consoles:
https://www.tweaktown.com/news/7878...n-ps5-xbox-series-with-ray-tracing/index.html

Depending on the settings and console, the game runs at 30, 45, or 60 fps?

My Series S will run 1440p 45 fps which seems weird. I would rather have 1080p 60 fps I think. Why 45 fps? That just seems odd. I hear that a locked 40 fps works really nice with 120 hz tvs, though. I have VRR on my TV so it should be smooth regardless.

Armenius

Fully [H]
Performance numbers for consoles:
https://www.tweaktown.com/news/7878...n-ps5-xbox-series-with-ray-tracing/index.html

Depending on the settings and console, the game runs at 30, 45, or 60 fps?

My Series S will run 1440p 45 fps which seems weird. I would rather have 1080p 60 fps I think. Why 45 fps? That just seems odd. I hear that a locked 40 fps works really nice with 120 hz tvs, though. I have VRR on my TV so it should be smooth regardless.
40 divides evenly into 120, so it is a nice 3:1 ratio with the refresh rate. Same concept as using 30 FPS for the standard 60 Hz TV. 45 would make sense if everybody had a VRR TV, but most people don't plus the PS5 doesn't support VRR yet, making the 45 choice odd. I wonder if it's going to be tear city on 60 Hz displays or they're doing some wizardry like scanline sync to hide it.

T4rd

Fully [H]
I want the game but everything is brown and grey. Just took it off my Wishlist so I don't buy it.

Have fun with your Brown and Grey depression game I'm not buying it.

Did you irrationally disregard RE4 and RE7 too for its same color palette? If so, GTFO of this thread.

Anyways, tried to play the demo of this on PS5 last night only to see that it was only available to play during that small window. 🙄

Guess I'll try again during the next window. Not sure this will be a day-1 purchase yet for me despite enjoying RE7 a lot. Takes a lot for a game to make me drop a full $60 on it still, esp. with my current backlog of other AA/AAA games to play. Though if they supported VR either on PC or PSVR again, that would def be a day-1 purchase, as playing through RE7 on PSVR was fuggin awesome. But I shall see how reviews receive the game before buying, I think, unless these demos end up impressing me enough I suppose.

I regretfully slept on RE7 for a couple years after writing off the RE series after jumping the shark on RE5 and even more so on RE6 action games. But I'm back now that they've returned to their horror and suspenseful roots. Their current RE engine is also pretty impressive in terms of both IQ and performance on all platforms.

Domingo

Fully [H]
I'm still convinced that RE4 wasn't intended to be Spain in the first place. Everything has a Southeastern European vibe that they shoehorned Spanish words and names into. I know the dev team spent some time in Spain, but that's also after the game had been in progress as a more traditional RE title. This one has a full-on rural Carpathian mountains visual going on.