Resident Evil 7 / Biohazard 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour

wuf, madhouse is madhouse, finished, great ride :D

second run stats, fully exploring the game
xjr6cgZ.jpg

madhouse :p
cvHicXu.jpg

fun as hell, but i want more! i demand dlcs!! XD

sooo now im thinking... since now i unlocked the infinite ammo, do i dare do a madhouse run with the magnum w/ infinite bullets? do i do i? XD

sooo now im thinking... since now i unlocked the infinite ammo, do i dare do a madhouse run with the magnum w/ infinite bullets? do i do i? XD

Question; even if you start a new game with infinite ammo you don't get the Magnum at the start of the game right? Only the Albert gun? So you'd still have to get all the way to the trailer and collect enough coins to get it right? Or do you also have all the guns you collected available to you? I personally wish I could use the assault rifle the whole game.

Having never gotten the magnum, how powerful is it compared to the normal pistols?

hey hi! :D

zamardii12 only the albert but in madhouse by the time you get to the trailer you have more than enough coins to buy the magnum

Domingo a little stronger than the albert loaded with enhanced bullets

Great graphics, but not my cup of tea. Never have I fought with a games as much as I have with this one, and I tired of having to save / reload whenever you missed a shot because I was always low on ammo. Add in the respawning enemies, and it makes for an incredibly frustrating game. Had to uninstall or else I was afraid I was going to end up breaking something from sheer frustration!

Great graphics, but not my cup of tea. Never have I fought with a games as much as I have with this one, and I tired of having to save / reload whenever you missed a shot because I was always low on ammo. Add in the respawning enemies, and it makes for an incredibly frustrating game. Had to uninstall or else I was afraid I was going to end up breaking something from sheer frustration!

Enemies don't respawn and resources are plentiful as long as you search. Sounds like you need to give it another go.

I ran into the same issue. They don't actually limitlessly respawn. After you kill a few of them the basement clears out. Same goes for Jack. Once I put him down once he left me alone I believe until the boss fight.

The games actually fairly enjoyable after that.

Enemies don't respawn and resources are plentiful as long as you search. Sounds like you need to give it another go.

Certain enemies respawn. With the "molded" enemies, if you see them drop from the ceiling or form on-screen, those are the ones that keep coming back. If they're pre-placed (ie. you see them when you walk around a corner or enter a room), those are the ones you kill for good.

Certain enemies respawn. With the "molded" enemies, if you see them drop from the ceiling or form on-screen, those are the ones that keep coming back. If they're pre-placed (ie. you see them when you walk around a corner or enter a room), those are the ones you kill for good.

I don't know I went through, pre-first boss fight and killed all off them(molded) and eventually they stopped coming back all together until the next act. I will say that part is not unusual for Resident Evil. I was replaying Resident 0 the other day and once I beat a certain boss a bunch of zombies showed up again, some powered up. I recall The original Resident Evil is like that too.

I don't know I went through, pre-first boss fight and killed all off them(molded) and eventually they stopped coming back all together until the next act. I will say that part is not unusual for Resident Evil. I was replaying Resident 0 the other day and once I beat a certain boss a bunch of zombies showed up again, some powered up. I recall The original Resident Evil is like that too.

It's certainly possible they might eventually die off, but I killed the two wandering the main center of the house (after Jack fight #2) 3 different times and they kept coming back. Before Jack fight #2 there was one random one that kept showing up in the basement, although I admittedly only killed him once. When I saw him show back up after saving my game (I used a ton of ammo that time), I stopped trying to kill him and started saving ammo.

Re-install the game, but set it to easy difficulty - you'll enjoy it this time, you won't constantly feel out of resources, and enemies won't feel like bullet sponges. Other than the bosses or mini bosses, 1-2 headshots will take most out. I've seen multiple people in your exact situation with this game, rage uninstall it - only to come back to it on easy difficulty and enjoy it fully.

I've played it on both easy and normal and don't remember any respawning enemies though. (and I did backtrack and run around a lot)

If you're running out of supplies a lot, I'd suggest sticking to the shotgun as much as you can. The molded black enemies patrolling the basement can be killed in 1-2 shots to the head. You don't have to have perfect aim. When it comes to Jack, don't waste your shells. It's pointless - just run away until you're stuck in one of the clear boss fight situations. Once you're finally out of the main house, you can go back to using the pistol again. If you see more molded, just avoid them - you don't have to kill any more for a long time.

How do I get the shotty out of the holder. That shit locks me in everytime I touch it.
Just kidding, I just started this game so I don't know wtf I am doing yet.

Resident Evil it's my favorite game. Can I play this game in my Dell XPS 14z Laptop?Any suggestion works perfectly on this laptop?

Finally started this game, looks like it's going to be awesome because I'd really like to know how they re-attached my hand (don't tell, I'll find out in the game) and how that's going to play into the story, but playing hide-and-seek with a shovel-wielding madman kinda sucks because there's no lean button. :( If the entrails weren't cold then maybe I'd have stayed and finished my dinner!

well, the year is ending, and this ended up being the best game of 2017, who would know huh? xp

Now that I got my 1070ti looking forward to Xmas break to get a few games to play. Hope this one goes on sale

If the DLC is part of a Steam sale I'll probably grab it. It might not be my absolute favorite game of 2017, but it's at least top 5.

Finally started this game, looks like it's going to be awesome because I'd really like to know how they re-attached my hand (don't tell, I'll find out in the game) and how that's going to play into the story, but playing hide-and-seek with a shovel-wielding madman kinda sucks because there's no lean button. :( If the entrails weren't cold then maybe I'd have stayed and finished my dinner!
You can pseudo lean around corners in VR ;). Hopefully the VR update will come out in the next couple months for the PC version.

Reactions: djoye
like this
I'm not far in, but I've played Resident Evil 3 and dad Baker is basically Nemesis at this point. I did stab him like 6 times with my Swiss army knife and knocked him down, but even then he got back up, no amount of stabbing him while down seemed to help, pretty sure my arm was about to get lopped off before I pressed ALT+F4. I think I F'd up by first going to the bathroom instead of exploring other rooms upstairs, now I probably have Nemesis on my ass while I'm searching for the remaining items to unlock the back door.

this is #1 on my Steam Winter sale list...SOMA and Senua's Sacrifice are also on my wishlist

this is #1 on my Steam Winter sale list...SOMA and Senua's Sacrifice are also on my wishlist
Lemme tell you what's great about SOMA, the scary guys travel a much more predictable/repetitive path compared to the RE7 family. None of the past Resident Evil games were really scary, however, every second in RE7 is terror because some MF'er is around the corner looking to murder you when you really just want to chill and read everything to get caught up on the story; maybe I should have started with the easy difficulty.

Edit:
Finished the game, it's not very scary and I always had enough ammo. The worst part was seeing something changed that was totally unnecessary to change.

Last edited:
After replaying the HD remake for RE1, I decided to go back and play this one again. It's more of a successor to the first game than the others after all.

Some things that I've found noteworthy 3 years later:

1. A 2080Ti hammers this game. 4K/60 with everything cranked is cake with no fps drops ever. You can even bump the resolution render up if you feel like it.

2. The graphics are absolutely stunning...until you get close to something. From 10 feet away the game borders on photo-realistic. Yet when you get closer, the textures look like something from the Xbox 360 era. Interesting decision on Capcom's part considering how often you're having to inspect things up-close. The environments are among best looking I've ever seen, though. The first 10 minutes feel like you're playing a movie.

3. SMAA still seems to be broken or at least poorly implemented. It makes things look less muddy, but it adds a pixelated shine to things that shouldn't shine. TAA and FXAA make things look even muddier, but at least don't have a shiny effect. I haven't found an AA setting I truly like, but TAA+FXAA is probably the best option without using 3rd party tools.

4. This game is tough. I guess most RE games are (except maybe RE5), but for some reason I was thinking this one was a little easier. It isn't.

After replaying the HD remake for RE1, I decided to go back and play this one again. It's more of a successor to the first game than the others after all.

Some things that I've found noteworthy 3 years later:

1. A 2080Ti hammers this game. 4K/60 with everything cranked is cake with no fps drops ever. You can even bump the resolution render up if you feel like it.

2. The graphics are absolutely stunning...until you get close to something. From 10 feet away the game borders on photo-realistic. Yet when you get closer, the textures look like something from the Xbox 360 era. Interesting decision on Capcom's part considering how often you're having to inspect things up-close. The environments are among best looking I've ever seen, though. The first 10 minutes feel like you're playing a movie.

3. SMAA still seems to be broken or at least poorly implemented. It makes things look less muddy, but it adds a pixelated shine to things that shouldn't shine. TAA and FXAA make things look even muddier, but at least don't have a shiny effect. I haven't found an AA setting I truly like, but TAA+FXAA is probably the best option without using 3rd party tools.

4. This game is tough. I guess most RE games are (except maybe RE5), but for some reason I was thinking this one was a little easier. It isn't.
The texture thing is typical in games, especially console ports. It's one of those compromises made where the game is going to look great and immersive most of the time while still offering consistent performance on the lowest spec machine. Rage was really a prime example of this, though I did feel taken out of the game more often when having to talk to NPCs due to the loss of being able to trick my eyes into believing there was depth and detail to everything.

I've actually found that I prefer TAA these days as most of the time you're going to be in motion anyway and the benefit of reducing visual artifacts with it is more impactful than the reduction in texture quality when standing still, in my opinion. Developers have started to include their own sharpening filters now that can compensate, but at least I'm not standing around taking screenshots all day.

I ended up blowing through the main game quicker than I expected to. It's not that long of a game, although the DLC's add quite a bit of additional content. Some of the mini games are pretty pointless, but the two missions are actually good. They're roughly 2 hours worth of content each.
Not a Hero is essentially a full-on shooter using the Resident Evil engine. It works pretty well, too.
End of Zoe is so absurd and ridiculous that it ends up being awesome. Turning RE7 into a first person beat 'em up works way better than it should.
If the game + DLC is ever on sale and you haven't played it before, I highly recommend it.

With Capcom going all-in with remakes of 2 and 3 it'll be interesting to see when RE8 shows up. I'm predicting it'll probably be a few months after the new consoles launch.

I thought RE7 was coming to VR on PC, is this not gonna happen?

Even though early on developers said it might happen, they said it definitely was not happening back in December 2017. I would assume that Sony paid Capcom extra money to develop for the PSVR, so outside of that it seems there is no incentive for them to add it to the PC version.

It could be all BS, but there are a lot of rumors about the next Resident Evil being a direct sequel to 7 and the VR functionality being improved. With Valve officially on the VR train, that could motivate Capcom a little more. Could be total nonsense, but I keep getting news snippets reiterating similar rumors from different sources. Considering they revolve around Ethan in Eastern Europe with classical-style monsters, I hope they're true.

I do find it interesting that they did two remakes before the next new game. I assume RE8 is coming soon though. Seems like they're spacing them out around a year or so between releases.

I do find it interesting that they did two remakes before the next new game. I assume RE8 is coming soon though. Seems like they're spacing them out around a year or so between releases.
4 years is the typical length of time between mainline series entries going back to the original RE3:
  • RE3: September 1999
  • RE4: January 2005
  • RE5: March 2009
  • RE6: October 2012
  • RE7: January 2017

There was never any real confirmation about it. I would assume it isn't going to happen being how much time has went by and no word about it.

Even though it was a little short, I really liked RE7 a lot. Especially after 5 and 6. I'm okay with it being the flagship bearer for the series. I still think 4's the best one (by far), but 7's probably my second favorite.

Supposedly Village is going to have an extended trailer coming in a week or two. I'm excited to see more. It's like RE4 and 7 rolled into one, so that's just about perfect for me.

Even though early on developers said it might happen, they said it definitely was not happening back in December 2017. I would assume that Sony paid Capcom extra money to develop for the PSVR, so outside of that it seems there is no incentive for them to add it to the PC version.

Sony funded development and paid for a timed exclusive. Capcom realized they wouldn't make enough on doing a PC version to justify the cost later.

Sony funded development and paid for a timed exclusive. Capcom realized they wouldn't make enough on doing a PC version to justify the cost later.
I honestly don't get why people were mad about it. If Sony didn't fund the VR then their wouldn't been any VR at all. At least some people got to experience it in VR. I think it would be a killer app for PC if they finally did. Here hoping 8 gets PC VR treatment.

I actually never played all the way through this, but decided to given the impending release of RE8. I was getting frustrated by some of the overused horror tropes in the beginning of the game, especially when you get down to the basement of the main house the first time. Some of the collision boxes on enemies also seemed to be quite ridiculous, especially in the first two Jack fights (though I liked their gimmicks). Once you're able to power through the first couple hours in the main house, though, the game becomes much better. When you finally learn what the mold is and its origins I became vastly more interested. Unfortunately this doesn't happen until you're almost at the end of the game. I did start enjoying myself much more starting with the old house. If I'm being honest, though, I could do completely without the Texas Chainsaw Massacre beginning half of the game. I thought it brought the overall experience of the game down.

Back