Resident Evil 5 doesn't like black people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um... since when are Spanish people not white?

:p

lolZ.. I thought Hispanic people were.... Hispanic. Try going to East L.A. or Miami and saying that out loud.

Anyway, I concur with those that say its very asinie and backwards to think of RE:5 as rascist. When Blacks aren't included something its rascism....when Blacks are included in something but it does not adhere to the confines of positive publicity and socially ept parameters, its rascism. And in the genre of a game, borders on the ridiculous.

I think its a cool addition to the Resident Evil lore to be in Africa. Haven't seen many games set in that part of the world. And Black people are in Africa, Duh..what's the friggin problem. If it was a Black person destroying white zombies.. would it still be rascist?

Lets just move on already, play games and have some friggin fun.

I never played RE4 so I don't know where it takes place, but I read 'Spanish,' I think Spain.

Since when does spanish mean latino or hispanic? Could have sworn those meant bi-racial decendants of white spanish and native americans.

Though, I can imagine if one has never played the RE series or isn't familiar with African culture or the African diaspora as these supposed African women seem to be may think it was influenced by a racist idea, behaviors, or mentality.

Seeing as I can't remember any hints at racism in previous releases, I doubt that the developers simply chose the new setting based to show their hatred of black people. I bet the author merely saw the trailer without actually doing any research on what the game is about, and the history behind it. Unless the writer can come up with some arguments to back up their opinion, I don't find it worth everyone's time discussing it. Having read some of the comments in their blog, I find them racist.

"Start them young… fearing, hating, and destroying Black people."

"Yes… I am more comfortable with the zombies being white. In fact, ALL zombies should be white from this day forth."

The critic is also obviously unaware of ESRB ratings and zombie folklore.

Blade in Sin is African American killing mostly Northern European Americans in the original..
Unreal 2, hero is black and the bad guy white..

I feel that Ritual and Legend must be racist against Northern European Americans(whites)..

Ridiculous..

I used the term "Northern European Americans" to describe white just to show how stupid some of this "PC" crap is.. African American, Asian American, Mexican American, etc. are some of those pc terms that really sound stupid when put into context... white, hispanic, black, and asian are easier to say-- And-- These days the person using those words is, usually, using them only as a general physical descriptor, with no negative connotation, nor intent of malice.... People love to make something out of nothing..

Just some more ridiculous bullshit to add to the "portrayal" of races in video games, art, etc. The main character is white because of the storyline. The zombies are black because of the setting.

I understand the concept of racial tolerance and wanting equality, but enough is enough, we shouldn't have to tip-toe around issues that are only apparent because of a group's oversensitive outbursts.

Oh yeah, and when your read that article, keep in mind that the same rambling website posted this one. We're not locking up Michael Vick over dogfighting charges, we're more interested in his skin color /sarcasm

:rolleyes: x50

I think it is racist that there aren't any white people in basketball games... :p

Seriously though, this is just stupid. Some people find racism where it simply doesn't exist. I feel sorry for people that go through life with that kind of chip on their shoulder.

Article posted above concerning Vick said:
Many in the Black community believe that because of his stature and fame and his Blackness, he is being made an example of and is suffering from overly harsh public censures that has lead to many of his endorsements being dropped."

Yeah, it couldn't be the federal offense.

the OP thread title is the only problem I have with the whole thread.

Threads like these are recipes for alot of misinterpretations which lead to defensive/offensive tones.

the OP thread title is the only problem I have with the whole thread.

Threads like these are recipes for alot of misinterpretations which lead to defensive/offensive tones.

lol - Then we should probably wipe the entire forum. We should shut down the internet, too.

I have only one more thing to say about this topic.

906961814d2a217e354ogo4.gif

FALCON...PUNCH!

This is absurd but when I saw the trailer I had a feeling this would happen. Living in an overly pc world is really beginning to suck.....time for me to start protesting and boycotting Notre Dame and the Boston Celtics for their mascot and try to get all The "Leprechaun" movies pulled from the shelves and banned.:rolleyes:

lol - Then we should probably wipe the entire forum. We should shut down the internet, too.

funny guy you. As for "we", kindly exclude me. I wouldn't want to be responsible for shutting down the internet. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't want to be responsible for shutting down the internet. :rolleyes:

Exactly. Forums are for discussions. We're discussing.

If the greatest risk of forums is "misinterpretations" and "defensive/offensive tones" then I think we'll all survive just fine. ;)

What about that movie Blade.

I thought all the vampires were white, getting killed by a black hybrid. :rolleyes:

I just think some people take things way to serious.

How come there’s a channel called BET and not a channel called WET. I don't see all the whities getting mad BET (Black Entertainment Television) It just seems like its ok for things to be one way but the second it gets flipped around all hell breaks loose. :rolleyes:

well, from watching the trailer the game is pretty racist. only germans and aliens are ok to kill. everyone knows that.

besides all it'd do is give capcom more hype about the game, kinda like gta. wont do gta #'s, but im sure theyre happy the game is getting this much attention

*******all the other shit i said was a joke, but this is a serious comment. historically the reason HBCU's (historically block colleges and universities), channels like BET, and mags like essence were needed was because blacks weren't allowed in those schools, showed on tv shows, or allowed to write for or have an audience in those mags. originnaly nbc, abc, cbs, and every other tv/radio station was whites only at one point in this country*******

the game should have been about a white guy killing little girls to get powers from them while some father figure type monster protects them, that kinda game would be the shit.

Wow.

Some of you seriously need to rethink your views of the world around you.

While some people, like anyone thinking RE5 is racist, do cry racism WAY too quickly, it's just as bad to shove your head in the sand and pretend it doesn't exist.

Perhaps you don't see it or it's never affected you because you're lucky, privileged, or mommy and daddy protect you, but the world still isn't utopia quite yet.

The thread title bothered me at first, but I think the OP was using it sarcastically.

IMO Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson have done alot for Equal Opportunity, and yet they've done just as much to muddy the waters of people that might see a neutral ground. Their 'Fear Tactic' of being InYourFace and I'll-Sue-You encourage some and segregate others.

That ain't good! (Besides, Al's fucking hair style makes me want to punch him in the neck.) But back to the subject.

If you hate living in a politically correct world, perhaps you should actually live in Africa, Pakistan, Cuba, or any number of places around the world where you don't have the freedom to say that very phrase?

"Political Correctness" helps people based on factors other than just skin color. Anyone posting against political correctness is just as dillusional as anyone thinking that the game is ABOUT political correctness.

Oh yeah, about BET. BET is the biggest piece of crap on the airwaves. Many educated black people refuse to let their family watch that filth because it's mostly considered Blacksploitation. The President of BET long ago decided to exploit and degrade black culture to the point where it's a caricature of reality. Gangstas pouring three hundred dollar bottles of bubbly on hooker asses is not a part of the african american culture I grew up and away from.

The game is supposed to be released in 2009, and there's already this much controversy.

Be careful. One day calling them "Black" might be considered racist. :eek:

Its the black people who are racist against Chris! :eek:

Look! Their all trying to lynch him! ... ... ...

anyway, someone said there is a white zombie in the miss too.

Many educated black people refuse to let their family watch that filth because it's mostly considered Blacksploitation.

I'm sorry that really made me laugh. Blacksploitation ROFL. Yeah I think the Oxygen channel could fall under the category of Caucasploitation.

Okay I myself think that making sure everything one says is PC before blurting it out of his/her mouth is absolute bullshit. That makes me delusional? How does calling a black person African American help people based on more than just skin color? African American doesn't tell me a damn thing about a person. In fact I think it's way too overused in society. From your posts I take it that you are black. Unless you're from Africa you are not a damn African American. You are a black American. HUGE DIFFERENCE. Do you go around referring to white people as European American? HELL NO. I go to Mizzou and there's a black culture center building on campus. When there ever comes a time when buildings like that don't need to exist out of OH SO PRECIOUS political correctness, I'll agree that America is taking a step forward.

Come on man, be real. In your every day life you find yourself censoring yourself all the time? Most people make it through the day without calling anyone a chink, spic, redneck, or N*****.

A cultural center has nothing to do with political correctness. I'm sure you're aware of that but you needed an example. The Sony PSP ad that got shot down is an example yes, a center where people can explore aspects of their heritage, is not.

While we're tearing down cultural centers that offend you, perhaps we should burn down any Knights of Columbus locations we stumble across?

This game will obviously be a source of jokes and controversy over the next year or so. I am going to absolutely love it.

Questions I have:

-Will Michael Richards be an unlockable character?
-Any chance of a KKK costume after beating the game?

Funniest thing I have seen about this kind of discussion is where someone said "I'm going to Africa to help Chris".

Come on man, be real. In your every day life you find yourself censoring yourself all the time? Most people make it through the day without calling anyone a chink, spic, redneck, or N*****.

Umm what exactly is this in response to? Oh and speaking of censorship I really love that you included two (redneck doesn't count...it's really not a racial slur) that demean races other than your own but you so diligently starred out the n word as if the others are somehow less insulting. You lose all credibility in this thread from here on until it inevitably gets locked.

A cultural center has nothing to do with political correctness. I'm sure you're aware of that but you needed an example. The Sony PSP ad that got shot down is an example yes, a center where people can explore aspects of their heritage, is not.

I was unaware that culture centers needed to be built to teach heritage. You see usually that kind of learning comes from your parents, and then the learning of other cultures comes from gee...I don't know, school perhaps? I'd really love to see what a culture center can teach that a history book cannot.

While we're tearing down cultural centers that offend you, perhaps we should burn down any Knights of Columbus locations we stumble across?

Uhh those are religious establishments. Last time I checked people of any race can practice any religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back