Resident Evil 4 VR Announced Exclusively for the Oculus Quest 2

polonyc2

Fully [H]
During yesterday's showcase dedicated to Resident Evil Village, CAPCOM briefly announced a surprise project: Resident Evil 4 VR...new gameplay footage and details on Resident Evil 4 VR will be shared during the upcoming Oculus Gaming Showcase, scheduled to air on April 21st...

Wow, swing and a miss. This is legit one of the few titles I would get in a heart beat, but that Oculus exclusivity is a massive killer. I can wait for this to be released on SteamVR. Where the HELL is RE7 VR?

Wow, swing and a miss. This is legit one of the few titles I would get in a heart beat, but that Oculus exclusivity is a massive killer. I can wait for this to be released on SteamVR. Where the HELL is RE7 VR?
Don't worry it is coming still.

Resident Evil 4 VR Is Made with Unreal Engine 4, Features Dual-Wielding and Other Additions

The game will be played from first-person view, unlike the regular version, but that's just the tip of the iceberg...the developers, who are using Unreal Engine 4 for RE4 VR have remastered over 4500 of the original textures, and re-engineered items and objects to be physical objects that can be picked up with the Oculus Touch controllers

in Resident Evil 4 VR, players may still use the analog stick, though a full upper-body rig was implemented on top of Leon’s character to combine his movement with the dual-handed interactivity achieved with Touch controllers...other movement options include teleportation and, for those with enough playspace, room-scale movement...

Last edited:
Resident Evil 4 VR Is Made with Unreal Engine 4, Features Dual-Wielding and Other Additions

The game will be played from first-person view, unlike the regular version, but that's just the tip of the iceberg...the developers, who are using Unreal Engine 4 for Resident Evil 4 VR and have remastered over four thousand of the original textures, also re-engineered items and objects to be physical objects that can be picked up with the Oculus Touch controllers...

Fucker. Why do all the RE vr games exclusive to a platform.

Yet another reason why supporting Oculus is something I can't do . Anyway, pretty much every "exclusive" Oculus game has, even aside from being cracked, been modded to work equally or better with SteamVR. I don't see this being any different. Its a bit frustrating considering that I'd very likely consider buying this outright if it was available for SteamVR officially and reasonably priced, but I'm glad the community is knocking down attempts to build platform walls none the less.

Hopefully just a timed exclusive, otherwise very poor showing from Capcom here.

Looks like Oct 21 for Oculus for Resident Evil 4 VR. I like the teleporting method shown in video above, a 3rd person movement prospective (still camera) than blink to person view. More connected motion in other words. Now the visual quality seems low end but game play mechanics look very good. Too bad this is an exclusive title.

Honestly this is one my favorite games of all time, really pissed it’s an exclusive, I’d pirate the shit out of this for that reason if we could make it work on vives and such.

Scariest part of this game... Not playing for a while, forgetting Ashley exists, loading up a save, then turning around and she's RIGHT IN YOUR FACE. Jesus Christ that got me good.

Back