Resident Evil 4 PC - Take 2

This game suffers from reverse mouse acceleration...The game loop is locked to the framerate, so if you can't maintain 60 or 30 FPS the game is going to run badly. That said, it runs perfectly on my system with a GTX 780 and i7-4770 at 60 FPS with everything turned up/on including AA.

Why is the sound off by 30 seconds sometimes during cut scenes? I figured out that if I run it at 3840 x 2160 @30Hz w/ 8x AA then the audio is fixed. But I can't run 1920 x 1080 @60 w/ AA off without the audio desync issue. Weird game. Maybe I need to cut on a frame limiter or something.

@3840 x 2160@30Hz w/ 8x AA it does look sweet and runs great.

Why is the sound off by 30 seconds sometimes during cut scenes? I figured out that if I run it at 3840 x 2160 @30Hz w/ 8x AA then the audio is fixed. But I can't run 1920 x 1080 @60 w/ AA off without the audio desync issue. Weird game. Maybe I need to cut on a frame limiter or something.

i forced 32x csaa + 16x af on the driver and im having no issues (2560x1440 60hz).

plus, alt tabbing is working like a boss for posting here :p

I see what the problem could be. The game is using less than 20% of one of my video cards. For kicks I tried 7680 x 4320 @30 w/8x AA and it runs fine. Maybe 1080p @60 w/ no AA is too much of a struggle. ;) 8k supersampling doesn't look much better than 4k. 4k is an improvement over 1080p. Wonder if I set the refresh rate to 59 it would fix it.

59 fixed it. Slight lip sync problem, but close enough! 3840 x 2160@60Hz w/8x AA.

Picked this up on GMG for $14 with their 20% off code and a $2 credit I had. Played for a bit tonight, never got a chance to play RE4 when it originally came out. Game looks pretty good, runs great for me. The controls however somewhat suck (using an XBOX360 controller).

·PitBuLL·;1040666478 said:
Picked this up on GMG for $14 with their 20% off code and a $2 credit I had. Played for a bit tonight, never got a chance to play RE4 when it originally came out. Game looks pretty good, runs great for me. The controls however somewhat suck (using an XBOX360 controller).

yeah, but it is what it is. camera, controls, inventory, QTEs, aaarghhh, sucks!! and still, fun! and quite addictive!

weird! :D

·PitBuLL·;1040666478 said:
Try using control Type III with the 360 gamepad.

yay! snuffed the mega-piranha on the first try!! oh im such a bad ass!! :D

this game is so fucking tough! holy shit! i didnt remember it being so fucking hard! omg! i just did the fake eye dude, had to do it 20 fucking times to pass that motherfucker! not enough bullets, not enough life, man... playing on normal, shoulda started on easy! jesus! well, not starting all over from the beginning now to change the difficulty.

g700 and no issues here, but i have the mouse acceleration disabled on the profile i use for gaming.
While aiming, move your mouse really fast and tell me that is how mouse control is supposed to work. I have a G700S and do the same thing, but the profile setting can't override the hard-coded way in which the game handles mouse movement.

finished. and im ranking it one of the best games of 2014. incredible, and i dont even liked this game when it was released for the pc, had to use a third party software to make the mouse work, etc, tossed the dvd into the trashcan after i finished (twice) in those days.. now, it comes resurrected, as an AAA game.

fucking wednesday? played a minimum of eight+ hours a day this sucker, now to the mercenaries, and Ada side missions :D :D :D

Anyone else notice that enemies are dropping only money? I never had an ammo issue in the GCN, PS2, or XB360 versions. In the new PC version I am running out of Handgun Ammo constantly. I think I got a Shotgun Shell drop once that contained 3 shells and that has been it... But I did get 6 Gold Chicken Eggs to drop in the first village encounter without reloading the game :rolleyes:. I'm at the church now.

Anyone else notice that enemies are dropping only money? I never had an ammo issue in the GCN, PS2, or XB360 versions. In the new PC version I am running out of Handgun Ammo constantly. I think I got a Shotgun Shell drop once that contained 3 shells and that has been it... But I did get 6 Gold Chicken Eggs to drop in the first village encounter without reloading the game :rolleyes:. I'm at the church now.

nope. and i only found 1 gold egg of a total of 4 or 5 throughout the entire game.

nope. and i only found 1 gold egg of a total of 4 or 5 throughout the entire game.
Hmm... I wonder if they adjusted the way difficulty is dynamically changed in this release because I have not been damaged at all yet. The last chainsaw guy I killed took 3 entire pistol clips to kill when I think at worst in the console versions they would only take about 1 and a half. Maybe they dropped the chance of ammo drops to the floor when dynamic difficulty is at its highest.

Or maybe my game is just messing with me... Or maybe I'm just crazy...

Hmm... I wonder if they adjusted the way difficulty is dynamically changed in this release because I have not been damaged at all yet. The last chainsaw guy I killed took 3 entire pistol clips to kill when I think at worst in the console versions they would only take about 1 and a half. Maybe they dropped the chance of ammo drops to the floor when dynamic difficulty is at its highest.

Or maybe my game is just messing with me... Or maybe I'm just crazy...

ok, about the eggs... i started a second run on professional mode after i posted. on that first farm i got nine eggs, just circling the farm. now im at the lake, before you fight the mega-piranha and i have 15 eggs on my inventory! 1 gold, 5 brown and 9 whites, i used about 4 or 5 of those eggs so thats 20 eggs so far! crazy huh?

hey, you know those dudes that carry a torch? if you plant an egg on their face they catch on fire!! fucking hilarious!! overall they have different reactions according to the type of character but none of them likes to be egged, fun! i'll try to kill someone with eggs (aside from the dude that immolated itself), just to see what happens. :p

Weird, I have not had any syncing issues during cutscenes using 30 FPS or 60 FPS @ 1920x1080. Don't want to sound like a fan boy... but maybe it's a video driver issue? Have you tried forcing Vsync on or off in the driver control panel? On my GTX 780 I did notice some animation and tearing issues on my TV even if the game is supposed to be locked to 60 FPS. Those issues were eliminated once I forced Vsync and Triple Buffering on in the driver control panel. The very same issues did not appear when playing on my 144Hz monitor with Vsync set to Adaptive, though.

So is this re4 different from the previous pc version released? I've never played re4 but I was a huge fan of 1&2...

So is this re4 different from the previous pc version released? I've never played re4 but I was a huge fan of 1&2...
The previous PC release was a very poor port. This new release is a better port but still seems to have some minor issues. I think there's a problem with some of the QTEs in the mine cart area. Also, the sound effects are in mono, as in, they don't pan at all. The NPCs are just loud and mono so you really have no idea where they are based on sound alone. Visuals look quite a bit better, though.

So if I never played re 4 would you recommend this version? How does 4 rank with 1&2? Is it better played with a controller?

The previous PC release was a very poor port. This new release is a better port but still seems to have some minor issues. I think there's a problem with some of the QTEs in the mine cart area. Also, the sound effects are in mono, as in, they don't pan at all. The NPCs are just loud and mono so you really have no idea where they are based on sound alone. Visuals look quite a bit better, though.

played the main story twice and Ada twice and the game has no bugs. i use a 2.1 system and the audio was pretty good :)

So if I never played re 4 would you recommend this version? How does 4 rank with 1&2? Is it better played with a controller?

i am a huge RE fan, storywise this is a different game, it cant be really called an RE game but is pretty good, it has some RE elements and its horror! :D :D i used kb+mouse, works well.

RE2, 4 and Code Veronica are the best all time RE games IMO. So yeah, definitely give RE4 a shot.

played the main story twice and Ada twice and the game has no bugs. i use a 2.1 system and the audio was pretty good :)
Go stand next to the river in the beginning of the game and turn Leon around and see if the sound of the river changes speakers based on the direction you're looking. Do the same with the wimpering wolf sound and the sounds of the ganados. They don't pan at all. The music and some of the background environment audio is stereo because that's how the audio file was encoded, but sound effects are all mono.

Go stand next to the river in the beginning of the game and turn Leon around and see if the sound of the river changes speakers based on the direction you're looking. Do the same with the wimpering wolf sound and the sounds of the ganados. They don't pan at all. The music and some of the background environment audio is stereo because that's how the audio file was encoded, but sound effects are all mono.

i uninstalled the game, had enough for now. if the audio had problems, it didnt bothered me at all during the gameplay.

I'm maybe 3 hours into the game. Just crossed the lake, phew what a thrill. I've never played this game before and I'm having tons of fun.

Last patch fixed a couple of annoyances that make the PC version more acceptable:
  • Proper mouse movement that works great now :D.
  • Still need a controller to rotate items in the attache case :mad:.
  • 60 Hz fix for egg drops seems to also have fixed the lack of ammo drops I was experiencing ;).

For reals? I swear I pressed every button on my keyboard trying to figure that one out. Have to try it out toni...

this weeke...

sometime soon :p.

or backspace and enter or shift to rotate, one of those, dont remember, but it works :)

Just watched the trailer & Im not impressed...The game looks very "brown" in color...Not sure if I want to try this one out but I do miss the RE 1, 2 so if its close to those I might have to once a good sale comes around...

Just watched the trailer & Im not impressed...The game looks very "brown" in color...Not sure if I want to try this one out but I do miss the RE 1, 2 so if its close to those I might have to once a good sale comes around...

epsxe then. 1 has the REmake (or REbirth) version for the gamecube, its great, play it on dolphin. ;)

Last patch fixed a couple of annoyances that make the PC version more acceptable:
  • Proper mouse movement that works great now :D.
  • Still need a controller to rotate items in the attache case :mad:.
  • 60 Hz fix for egg drops seems to also have fixed the lack of ammo drops I was experiencing ;).

Which patch is that? Meaning what version?

If you've bought it multiple times before then hell yes $20 again is too much.

Back