Resident Evil 2 Gets a Demo This Week

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
Capcom has been teasing the Resident Evil 2 remake for some time, but the game studio is giving fans more than just trailers now. According to VG247, the possibility of the demo was "leaked" in the Xbox Store last month, but Capcom officially confirmed it today. The Playstation 4 Blog says that Resident Evil 2 is getting a "1 Shot" demo on January 11. The demo only lasts for 30 minutes, after which the game will shut down and players will have to wait until January 25 to start it up again.

Check out the trailer for the demo here.

Thirty minutes. That's how much time you'll have with the Resident Evil 2 :1-Shot" Demo when it becomes available for PS4 on January 11! As the name suggests, you can play as much as you like for thirty minutes of in-game time, but once the clock runs out, so does the demo. You're going to want to maximize your time playing through this unique experience.

You know I never played RE2. I think I have played all of them but this actually. Might have to give it a try.

You know I never played RE2. I think I have played all of them but this actually. Might have to give it a try.
The original is considered the best in the series by many people. Know that the remake is in OTS third person like RE4 instead of the fixed camera angles in the original and REHD. There is a PC version of the original RE2 if you can find it.

I only vaguely remember RE2, and that I didn't understand what was the fuss about.

I only vaguely remember RE2, and that I didn't understand what was the fuss about.

Perhaps the fuss is the ideal of playing a game that is fun ( because it was designed when hardware forced core game elements to be fun or fail ) .

Or the fuss could be about Capcom understanding WHY there is a retro gaming undercurrent ( always ) present and that simple ( cheap ) re-masters fit neither new or jaded players well whereas classic stories told with modern tech can translate the original appeal into both modern and classic audiences with a combination of profit and happiness for all involved.

Or , perhaps, a percentage of humanity just really enjoys the concept of blowing the living shit out of zombies ( you know; anything uglier and slower than one's-self ) no matter what the form of that interaction comes in .

In any event ....
It's a demo

A DEMO

FOR FREE

BY A MAJOR(?) GAME COMPANY

BEFORE RELEASE

JUST LIKE THE OLD DAYS WHEN DEVS HAD PRIDE

...that's fuss enough for me

Game was awesome when it came out. Only gonna be better with the updated graphics.

Last edited:
Perhaps the fuss is the ideal of playing a game that is fun ( because it was designed when hardware forced core game elements to be fun or fail ) .

Or the fuss could be about Capcom understanding WHY there is a retro gaming undercurrent ( always ) present and that simple ( cheap ) re-masters fit neither new or jaded players well whereas classic stories told with modern tech can translate the original appeal into both modern and classic audiences with a combination of profit and happiness for all involved.

Or , perhaps, a percentage of humanity just really enjoys the concept of blowing the living shit out of zombies ( you know; anything uglier and slower than one's-self ) no matter what the form of that interaction comes in .

In any event ....
It's a demo

A DEMO

FOR FREE

BY A MAJOR(?) GAME COMPANY

BEFORE RELEASE

JUST LIKE THE OLD DAYS WHEN DEVS HAD PRIDE

...that's fuss enough for me
Capcom ... understanding Yeah, right.

Anyway I meant I didn't understand the fuss back when the original came out.

Maybe bother reading the OP for the thread you are replying to? It clearly says it will be for the PS4 too. And literally a few seconds of research shows it will also be on PC.

"The Resident Evil 2 “1-Shot” Demo is coming to PS4, Xbox One, and Steam on January 11th! "

"No matter how you choose to play, get ready for the demo coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Steam on January 11th"

http://www.capcom-unity.com/capkel/blog/2019/01/08/the-resident-evil-2-1-shot-demo-is-out-january-11
I even posted this link in the 2nd post of this thread, but people don't read.

Capcom ... understanding Yeah, right.
You hit the nail on the head there. Sadly that's the joke, Capcom in 2019 might ( might I say, but I do have hope ) be ( and this is one of those are you going to bet the farm? moments ) able to deliver a consumer experience that actually produces a POSITIVE result. This in direct contrast to almost every offering ( and action ) by almost any "triple A" left.
The sad fact is almost every one of the old-school devs ( and the creative element and spirit of play ) is gone from the corporate gobble and destroy. What's left in game development, by and large, is a dystopian landscape where vampires set villages on fire to drive people out into the open to devour them in a stupefying orgy of blood-lust greed .
The fact that Capcom feels confident enough about this ( re2 re-boot ) effort to release a DEMO old-school style is a huge , huge sign post and given the interesting timing, could be a tipping point that induces big corps to re-think how they handle legacy ip's in specific and all IP releases in general ( to clarify: I think demos' went the way of the DoDo because most modern games would not sell at all if one had a chance to play 30 minutes of them BEFORE plunking down cold hard cash that cannot be refunded ( as it now seems is the norm ) ) .

Anyway I meant I didn't understand the fuss back when the original came out.
I know , man , I was being an ornery ass ( hehe ) to make my own point , but in response to this. If you remember when RE2 originally came out PS1 was busy taking over the world and making video game consoles a must have household item again . Second and third 'generation' games for it were coming out fast and furious and a lot of other titles kind of over shadowed it's release ( hell it was like the wild west , with the PC's and consoles all feasting at what seemed like a never ending buffet of excellent ) .

But it was worth of some 'fuss' in it's own right because it really advanced the ' survival horror ' segment to a new level by shifting the 'search and find+puzzles+horror ( jump scares mostly )+story+shooter ' to ' Horror+shooter = story ( with search and find+puzzles)'.
The game actually managed to make you hesitant to explore, because it did an excellent job of instilling fear around every corner and in every shadow and unlocked door . But at the same time managed to engage either your sense of curiosity or your desire 'try your luck' again and again at combat which caused one to move forward and re-engage with areas of fear ( rinse repeat ) .

The end result was a game that would make you throw your controller at the screen occasionally ( thank god CRT's were tough ) , but then pick it up hoping you had damaged nothing and try again.
Now most games just piss you off.

Last edited:
Back