Resident Evil 2 being officially remade!

Lol it sucks you can't head shot anymore jeezum that was awesome in the older res!
Btw are there any good prices on this game yet?

You can but I think there is a locational crit system in place and the crit chance reduces the higher difficulty you play at. Not 100% sure though but I still occasionally get 1 shot kills on Hardcore with Leon and Claires default starting pistols. The higher power rounds you get later in the game area guaranteed headshot kill for the most part.

Lol it sucks you can't head shot anymore jeezum that was awesome in the older res!
Btw are there any good prices on this game yet?
You can, you just need more than the pussy 9mm you start out with. The Lightning Hawk is a guaranteed 1-shot on trash zombies, at least on standard.
You can but I think there is a locational crit system in place and the crit chance reduces the higher difficulty you play at. Not 100% sure though but I still occasionally get 1 shot kills on Hardcore with Leon and Claires default starting pistols. The higher power rounds you get later in the game area guaranteed headshot kill for the most part.
I don't think where you shoot the head has any bearing on the crit chance. On standard with the Matilda the crit chance seems to be about a flat 7% with or without the muzzle attachment. I even tried waiting for the crosshair to shrink to see if that has any effect on the crit chance and it doesn't appear to. Guns that use .45 ACP like the Quickdraw Army seem to have about a 15% crit chance.

I don't think where you shoot the head has any bearing on the crit chance. On standard with the Matilda the crit chance seems to be about a flat 7% with or without the muzzle attachment. I even tried waiting for the crosshair to shrink to see if that has any effect on the crit chance and it doesn't appear to. Guns that use .45 ACP like the Quickdraw Army seem to have about a 15% crit chance.

You probably are right. Though in some testing that I did it seemed to me that shooting them in their dome I would get more crits than in the forehead. It was probably just RNG though. But you are probably right because it would be simpler for the developers to just add crit modifiers to weapons.

Would be nice if there was some data on this. I usually end up shooting them in the leg and running past anyways, its way more consistent.

Don't forget that you can essentially juke them as well. Go up to them, wait for them to do the animation where they stick their hands out, then just hit the U-Turn button and run around them. They can't get you if you do that mid-animation. Helps in areas where there is nowhere to run, but you also don't want to waste ammo.

Don't forget that you can essentially juke them as well. Go up to them, wait for them to do the animation where they stick their hands out, then just hit the U-Turn button and run around them. They can't get you if you do that mid-animation. Helps in areas where there is nowhere to run, but you also don't want to waste ammo.

Yea I only do that if I absolutely need to save ammo, sometimes baiting animations is so random, either quicker than expected or delayed. But same goes for stunning with a shot, occasionally the recovery frames will seem insanely quick and it will catch me offguard.

I'm gonna do S+ hardcore attempts this weekend. After I finish that I will probably put the game down until the DLC comes out on the 15th, I don't want to burn out. It's been a lot of fun so far.

I miss how satisfying it was to blow their brains to bits sad it's not as consistent as the older re's ; ( what fun is shooting a dam zombie in the foot lol

I miss how satisfying it was to blow their brains to bits sad it's not as consistent as the older re's ; ( what fun is shooting a dam zombie in the foot lol
I don't understand what you're saying. The shooting mechanics and damage system is consistent with all the third person Resident Evil games. In the fixed camera ones it was still a random chance to pop heads with everything but the magnum, even with the shotgun while aiming up.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
No joke, the Mr X situation unnerves the hell out of me. I yelped like a little bitch when he burst through a concrete wall right in front of me, my dogs starting barking out of concern for me. It was awkward...

Pretty much the hole game unnerves me, I'm a scardy pants when it comes to Resident Evil. Remember the first time I played it in 1996 at my friends house when his dad bought it for him, the part where the dogs jump through the window in the hall way scared the crap out of me!

No joke, the Mr X situation unnerves the hell out of me. I yelped like a little bitch when he burst through a concrete wall right in front of me, my dogs starting barking out of concern for me. It was awkward...
When I first played the original in 1998 I stayed up all night playing it. When I was thinking about going to sleep around 3 in the morning I ran across this part. In the original you're exploring the press room to collect something and X is there. So running out the door you think you're safe because no enemies can follow you through rooms during that period of video games, right? Then running around the U-shaped hall X breaks through the freaking wall and 15-year old me starts screaming like a 5-year old girl, waking my very concerned parents.

I knew it was coming this time as the setup is similar, but I still jumped and let out a "Jesus" the first time.

Haha, I jumped enough to knock over my beer the first time I ran into a Licker. (Fortunately the beer was almost gone so I didn't spill much.)

I haven't made it to X yet but still jumped about 2ft out of my chair when I fell through the balcony in the library.
What made it bad was I've got the sound cranked and a zombie groaned extremely loud at the exact second I broke through the floor, making me almost shit myself, than 2 of them decomposing bastards bushwacked me out of nowhere as soon as I hit the ground.

It's a lot more fun for me than it was on the PS1.

It's a lot more fun for me than it was on the PS1.
Shut your mouth. I've not yet had to run from Mr. X, I'm at an area right before that, but now I'm having difficulty continuing the game because I don't want to have to run from him; it's terrifying! I played the PSX version 20 years ago and can't remember much, I really feel like I want to play it again before continuing the remake just so I can complain about the remake.

Ok, that's it. I'm officially gonna be a sucka and pay full-price come Friday.

Well worth it man. Try to get the deluxe edition, it comes with the original Soundtrack and menu sounds. I hear that you can purchase them separately though.

Well worth it man. Try to get the deluxe edition, it comes with the original Soundtrack and menu sounds. I hear that you can purchase them separately though.

Yeah, I added it for $3 since the vanilla game came an AMD card I got.

So for an extra 3 bucks you can add the original soundtrack? Does it play while your playing the game or ?

Just finished playing through Leon's story. Overall I enjoyed the experience but the backtracking got a little old. Running from Mr X gave me that same feeling as running from Nemesis. I hope this game is a success so they'll consider remaking RE3. Nemesis would look scary good with the new graphics.

Just finished playing through Leon's story. Overall I enjoyed the experience but the backtracking got a little old. Running from Mr X gave me that same feeling as running from Nemesis. I hope this game is a success so they'll consider remaking RE3. Nemesis would look scary good with the new graphics.
Capcom already said that if people want RE3 remade then we have to let them know like we did with RE2. I'd send them messages over social media, their forums, and directly to them through e-mail to get the point across.

I feel that the Police Station should have been segmented, so each character would have access to a different half of the police station. Once again, the "A" and "B" paths feel too similar.

And yes, Nemesis would be terrifying.

Decided to go through the PS4 version before sleep last night. Man, the shimmering is really bad. It doesn't look like they're running any post process AA at all. There was also consistent stuttering even with the PS4 Pro.

Ripped off an S+ run with Leon in a little over 2 hours, or half an hour longer than my PC run. G1 and G3 take freaking forever without the high FPS knife... G1 took me about 10 minutes by itself of running around and pelting it with the handgun since my shotgun budget is tight in my route. At least the flamethrower made short work of G3's final phase. I had about 340 units of fuel left for that fight. It's a good thing I decided to grab the extra fuel canister in the lab safe room.

Marketing survey!

http://ark.re2-pl.sgizmo.eu/s3
upload_2019-2-19_16-17-9.png

LOL. What's with Leon holding the .45 on his 2nd run all gangster-like? I found that super funny and can't get used to it.

Officially done with this game until they decide to release more content. Unlocked all the achievements and trophies on every platform. Took between 30 and 40 hours on each. Don't feel the need to unlock all the records, and I'm definitely not going through the pain of trying to unlock the cat ears in the Ghost Survivors.

Back