Resetting an Avaya 1000va UPS?

pyr02k1

Limp Gawd
Anyone have any experience with these units? I picked one up from Normalicy on the anandtech board (apologies if links out to others arent permitted, please remove if needed) http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2090446&highlight=

What I wanted to know is how to gain access to the control console of the unit and properly setup whatever if needed to auto shut down and WOL as needed for power outages. This thing has proved a life saver on a few occasions with short power outages, or even when I shut off a circuit in the house to replace a light switch that crapped out. The only issue I'm having is finding any real information on managing them as theyre an older unit.

I did plan to one day expand it by adding more batteries or just building my own, but so far this has proved more then capable at keeping my system running at idle or light load for a good while without dying.

Anyone have any information on these units?

Quick update, I located the manual on the unit, finally. Avayas site isnt friendly to older equipment. I also managed to fix a wonderful blinking light that I was always curious about but had no answers to. All I had to do for that was remove the battery assembly and reset the connectors.

I have a different question though ... Will Win 7 X64 recognize a UPS via a Serial to USB Adapter? I cant locate any software from Avaya and I have a feeling none exists for this UPS. I wanted to be sure that Win 7 will take the UPS data from a Serial to USB and still let it shut down on a power outage.

Thanks,
--pyr0

Back