Reserator2 an extra radiator, an corrosion

Eldragon

n00b
So I'm about to upgrade to an Intel Q9450 and Crossfire 4870s** and I'm pretty sure my Reserator 2 is not up to the task of dissipating 400+ watts of heat. So I need to add an extra Radiator to the loop.

However the Reserator 2 is made of aluminum, as are the Zalman GPU waterblocks I'm going to be using for the video cards, So I'm very wary of putting in an all Copper radiator and experience galvanic corrosion in my system first hand. I would simply get an aluminum radiator, but the only brand I have found so far is the Koolance HX-362, and no reviews of the radiator what-so-ever (which is never a good sign).

I always have anti-corrosive additives in my loop, so perhaps I should just get a high quality copper radiator and change out my water every 6 months? Or should I err on the safe side and get the Koolance radiator?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

**Pending actual reviews, never hurts to plan ahead

If your going to do this, make sure the pump on the reserator 2 can support the koolance radiator added into the loop.

Actually the POS pump built into the Reserator 2 died shortly after receiving it, so now I'm using a Swifttech MCP pump. Not as silent as the original reserator, but still much quieter than any video card fan.

Just make sure there's no electrical path between any copper and aluminum parts. use nylon screws and rubber washers to mount the rad/fans to the rad... If the rad touches your case, you're in for corrosion.

Just make sure there's no electrical path between any copper and aluminum parts. use nylon screws and rubber washers to mount the rad/fans to the rad... If the rad touches your case, you're in for corrosion.

my rule is not to mix metals at all, either all copper/brass or all aluminium.

Back