Researchers Make Beer That May be Good for You

monkeymagick

[H]News
Raise a glass and toast these awesome folks from Singapore. Researchers from the National University of Singapore have created a probiotic beer that claims to not only boosts your immunity, but should also improve your gut health. The strain used within the beer has the ability to neutralise toxins and viruses the researchers state. Although the science for probiotics have not been entirely sound as none of those dietary yogurts have proven to do anything good. One things for sure, this beer will probably not solve your liver issues.

"The health benefits of probiotics are well known. While good bacteria are often present in food that have been fermented, there are currently no beers in the market that contain probiotics. Developing sufficient counts of live probiotics in beer is a challenging feat as beers contain hop acids that prevent the growth and survival of probiotics."

Beer has long been good for you. It used to be the way we ensured water was safe to drink.

And even though it is full of empty calories it is still has minerals and vitamin B, at least if it is unfiltered brew that still has yeast in the bottle. Dunno about the comercial mass produced stuff.

Unfiltered beer has always been good for gut health due to the yeast, vitamins and minerals as mentioned.
This is why I brew my own. (well one reason :p)

Unfiltered beer has always been good for gut health due to the yeast, vitamins and minerals as mentioned.
This is why I brew my own. (well one reason :p)

So do I. Cheers fellow homebrewer. :)

Reactions: Nenu
like this
And even though it is full of empty calories it is still has minerals and vitamin B, at least if it is unfiltered brew that still has yeast in the bottle. Dunno about the comercial mass produced stuff.
I think he's referring to the grog that they had on wooden ships that crossed the oceans long ago it was slightly alcoholic to keep it clean enough for consumption without killing you.

I think he's referring to the grog that they had on wooden ships that crossed the oceans long ago it was slightly alcoholic to keep it clean enough for consumption without killing you.

Not just ships. Back in medieval days a very low alcoholic beer and wine were the drinks of choice because they spoiled slower than pure water.

All I know is that drinking a good beer now and again makes me happy. That's enough for me.

Back