Researchers Have Built A Lethal Leaping Murderbot

HardOCP News

[H] News
So, when we are all killed by these lethal leaping murderbots, we can all place the blame squarely on the shoulders of the roboticists at UC Berkeley. How did they not know that teaching robots parkour was a bad idea?

Its not the robots that know parkour we need to worry about, after all, parkour is just the French martial art of running away.;)

You can definitely tell its Berkeley, did anyone else notice the soviet style hammer and sickle decals on the lights at 02:11?

That super-crouch implementation is pretty cool. I wonder if the timing of the rebound kick is sensor based (after contact with the surface) or still pre-programmed?

I'm pretty sure it's "Six Deathbots Leaping."

Or is that "a-leaping?" I always forget ye olde english robot nomenclature...

Am I missing the "lethal" part? I mean, I guess if it hit you in the head hard enough...

Put a poison needle on one of these. It jumps at you, you're dead 10secs later.

Monty Pythons killer rabbit had made it to the robotic age. Sweet death will visit us soon.

Listen roboticists at UC Berkeley, teaching them robots parkour is a bad idea! most of us humans cant even speak french let alone parkour.

I can envision an army of those things hunting people down. It would make "The Fugitive" way more entertaining.

We need the guys at MIT to invent an EMP pistol to take those little bastards down.

Well, between these and the new Nvidia AI computer that they got, Berkeley should be able to handily destroy most of civilization. The AI will be the hive mind portion, and these will be the "fingers" to quote the Orz. If I was Androsynth, I'd be thinking of a way to get off this planet. :p

Back