Researcher Discusses How Time Travel Could Prevent a Pandemic like Covid

Time is purely a construct of the mind, i.e. a rationalization of itself.

tenor.gif

Explain. I'll wait.
Time is merely the 4th spatial dimension that presents itself like a change in the other three. When in reality, The future and the past is and always have been. Like a video file, the ending of the video exists before you play it. Every frame and sound clip already existed before you hit "play". The causal links between action and reaction are just the 3-dimensional manifestations of 4th dimensional structure: and our perception of time (and perception of everything, really) is just a manifestation of the resultant chemical states of these 3-dimensional manifestations of Temporal structure.

Just like the time-slider on a video file, if you move it along, it jumps between different states of the video that existed before you opened the file, and the characters and entities within the video behave exactly as they would have had you simply left it playing, move the slider back in time and the characters don't know what happened, they don't now have a different set of input variables, they don't know the future. They won't change how the video file will play out, because their future is already set in the file, it exists at the same time as their past and present. Its the slider that manifests their current perception of "present".

Thus 'traveling' in time would result in re-winding the chemical reactions that lead to your awareness of the current moment, and the entire string of causality that makes the universe exist as it does. Essentially, you couldn't change anything, because it would be like moving a time-slider on a video, thus the difference between a universe wherein you did manage to "time travel" and a universe where you didn't "time travel" would look identical at every point in time, and your perception of the timeline would rewind with the traveling, thus making it pointless.

Explain. I'll wait.

"Time" is simply a measurement tool created by mankind here on Earth to explain the length of an event.

Example
Also, depending on what planet you are on, "Time" would be calculated differently than here on Earth. You couldn't say on Mars "That was two weeks ago", and it have the same meaning that it would have here on Earth, unless you said That was "Two Earth weeks ago".
https://www.exploratorium.edu/ronh/age/

Last edited:
Actually this is fascinating, sometimes when taco sleep dream nd wake up, it's like we've been there before. A dejavu stutter?

Edit: add:
I believe while sleeping, you don't time travel, but rather access parallel dimension, a simulation. The "what if", or "could" are being simulated.

What about when you dream something and then the same exact thing happens when you are awake?

Or you dream about seeing somebody you have never seen before and then actually see them?

I like the idea that our universe is contained within a cell of a larger organism, and every cell in our bodies contains more universes. It's basically one big feedback loop or hall of mirrors, reflecting on itself indefinitely, the black matter/energy slightly skewing things so that there is no one person EXACTLY like us in another universe, but there are infinite variations slightly different from each other.

The timeline we're experiencing is also being experienced in another universe but ahead or behind us, meaning all versions of everything is happening right now. We can't really go "back in time", but rather we can shift our consciousness or spirit to another one of these existing realities. So, no matter what we try and do, COVID lives on unchanged in this universe, we can jump to another slightly different one, or jump to one where it doesn't exist.

If you wanna jump to another one, read up on Falun Dafa or something, I dunno... I guess there is a reason China is so against it, and harvest organs from those who practice it, thinking it has some of these supernatural powers. Crazy... yeah, but they may believe in time travel like this for all I know

What about when you dream something and then the same exact thing happens when you are awake?

Or you dream about seeing somebody you have never seen before and then actually see them?

Deja Vu is your brain catching up to what you just saw, think of it as it buffering or reloading cache in a nanosecond in computer sense.

Its impossible for you to see a face that you haven't seen before. Crazy right?

Deja Vu is your brain catching up to what you just saw, think of it as it buffering or reloading cache in a nanosecond in computer sense.

Its impossible for you to see a face that you haven't seen before. Crazy right?

If you say so... I remember the dreams I have quite well. I remember dreams I had around 30 years ago.

So if it is impossible to see something I haven't seen before then how do artists draw/paint whatever this is fictional if they haven't seen it for real before?

Time travel is possible. The problem is that there is only one timeline, so you can't change anything.

So even assuming you went back in time, you would have always went back in time, and may actually just cause whatever you were trying to prevent.
Time travel is only possible going forward in time, not backwards. A lot of time travel ideas are strictly hypothetical, and nothing has been proven. To travel back in time you'd need more energy than the entire universal to do it, which you might as well create a new universe while you're at it. Traveling forward in time is strictly a perspective thing. If I freeze you for 1000 years and unfreeze you, then you'd think you've traveled 1000 years into the future. Gravity and speed effect the speed of molicules and therefore give the perception of time travel, when in reality time is still moving at the same rate, regardless what's happening to you or your environment.

Agreed. it is worth taking seriously, because you never want people to die from diseases, but it is not an extinction event by any stretch of the imagination.
If you don't want people to die from diseases then you get a universal health care program, not something that'll never happen like a time traveling Delorean. Get better social programs so people aren't forced to go back to work and risk getting sick, because that's what's going to happen like in the UK. The fact that anyone mentions COVID19 with their time traveling nonsense is done to get more donating money attention.

I want there to be a movie about a someone who travels back in time by accidentally aspirating
View attachment 283452

I'd be interested in a movie where in the future people don't grow old and die, 50% are unemployed, and the population lives off UBI. Of the 50% that are employed a good chunk are basically social media influencers who make money off donations from their fans. On top of that the general population hates older people and gives them a derogative word like "millennial", as these people look young but are ancient. It's hip to look old in the future for this reason. Also, people are extremely suicidal. A movie built around that would be very interesting to me.

So if it is impossible to see something I haven't seen before then how do artists draw/paint whatever this is fictional if they haven't seen it for real before?

As an artist myself, you can imagine things, yes. But those imaginations are bits of pieces of imagery you have accumulated in your mind.

As an artist myself, you can imagine things, yes. But those imaginations are bits of pieces of imagery you have accumulated in your mind.

Most people have the capacity to imagine completely fictional circumstances, images, sounds and faces in their heads.

That's how just about all art and engineering is created. You picture this new thing that has never existed before in your head before putting pen to paper (or using CAD)

There is a very tiny minority who lack this capability, and for them it is apparently utterly bewildering and I conceivable that others can.

If you don't want people to die from diseases then you get a universal health care program, not something that'll never happen like a time traveling Delorean. Get better social programs so people aren't forced to go back to work and risk getting sick, because that's what's going to happen like in the UK. The fact that anyone mentions COVID19 with their time traveling nonsense is done to get more donating money attention.

I'd be interested in a movie where in the future people don't grow old and die, 50% are unemployed, and the population lives off UBI. Of the 50% that are employed a good chunk are basically social media influencers who make money off donations from their fans. On top of that the general population hates older people and gives them a derogative word like "millennial", as these people look young but are ancient. It's hip to look old in the future for this reason. Also, people are extremely suicidal. A movie built around that would be very interesting to me.

So you’re into fantasy.

Most people have the capacity to imagine completely fictional circumstances, images, sounds and faces in their heads.

That's how just about all art and engineering is created. You picture this new thing that has never existed before in your head before putting pen to paper (or using CAD)

There is a very tiny minority who lack this capability, and for them it is apparently utterly bewildering and I conceivable that others can.

No offense man but that's just wrong.

The human brain isn't capable of imagining images or faces its never processed before. Even when you try really hard to do it, your brain would still be taking imagery that you've seen before to fill in the blanks.

No offense man but that's just wrong.

The human brain isn't capable of imagining images or faces its never processed before. Even when you try really hard to do it, your brain would still be taking imagery that you've seen before to fill in the blanks.
I would disagree. What you can imagine is not limited just to things you have seen and what you have seen in not encoded into the brain with any significant degree of detail. Your brain extrapolates on the limited information it has for the image. that extrapolation can result in a differnt face then you have ever seen. I believe you could say this is a new thing that never existed before in your head as this combination (as well as the combination of the rest of you brain) has not occurred before

George Carlin is the best. Unlike some comedians, his jokes become more true and relevant over time.
But that last bit was a joke? I mean I heard the audience laugh but unless there was some bit about that earlier in his act that just wasn't funny. It simply was him doing one of those "deeper thinking" statements, which is cool and all, but I still found it odd that the audience was laughing at it.

But that last bit was a joke? I mean I heard the audience laugh but unless there was some bit about that earlier in his act that just wasn't funny. It simply was him doing one of those "deeper thinking" statements, which is cool and all, but I still found it odd that the audience was laughing at it.

George Carlin did observational humor. Its up to the individual to find it funny or not based on their own experience or belief.

I would disagree. What you can imagine is not limited just to things you have seen and what you have seen in not encoded into the brain with any significant degree of detail. Your brain extrapolates on the limited information it has for the image. that extrapolation can result in a differnt face then you have ever seen. I believe you could say this is a new thing that never existed before in your head as this combination (as well as the combination of the rest of you brain) has not occurred before

So by the limited information it has, it fills in the blanks to create the image as a whole. Still though, its not fully imagined from nothing, because its filled by the imagery which the brain already has available. The images we have stored in our memory are fixed.

Think of it this way. Try to imagine a color that you have never seen before. Its impossible. The same way a blind person cannot imagine a color, it has to be explained to them, to give the information to the brain and have it connect the dots through experience it already has on file. Which opens up a new question, can a blind person imagine a face that they've never seen or touched?

Last edited:
Anyways, on topic.

Time travel to prevent a pandemic, well first you would have to identify patient 0. (Of which we have not with Covid, hmm...) Then you would have to find all the vectors in which the pathogen can travel to and from. I think it would be near impossible to use time travel prevent something like that. There are too many variables.

So by the limited information it has, it fills in the blanks to create the image as a whole. Still though, its not fully imagined from nothing, because its filled by the imagery which the brain already has available. The images we have stored in our memory are fixed.

Think of it this way. Try to imagine a color that you have never seen before. Its impossible. The same way a blind person cannot imagine a color, it has to be explained to them, to give the information to the brain and have it connect the dots.

I dont belive it fills in the blanks using images, what you perceive as a image is not a static picture its an extrapolation of your knowledge. This extrapolation can be altered by your intention (or many other things) resulting in a unique image. Our memory's are also not fixed

So you’re into fantasy.
No more than the idiots that believe you can solve COVID19 by time traveling. I'm simply looking at what might be with time and technology. Stop people from aging and you'll have higher suicide rates. Automation will remove most jobs so therefore something like a UBI is needed. It's also apparent that a lot of people like attention and donation money, so I can only see that getting more popular with time. Why you think someone is talking about time travel and COVID19? It's for donation money.

How so? You can't remember things that never happened...if you can, that's just fantasizing or your brain exploring "what if" scenario's.
Sure you can. You can remember thoughts, ideas, dreams, and a bunch of other things. Its only bound by your imagination?

Sure you can. You can remember thoughts, ideas, dreams,

All things that you've either experienced or thought about before. None of those things you could remember if you had never thought of or experienced to begin with. Again, your brain taking pieces of what you have experienced and filling in the blanks to create a "what if" jigsaw puzzle.

Last edited:
Time crystals are just material that repeats a pattern over time, nothing to do with time travel..

Try again

Time crystals are just material that repeats a pattern over time, nothing to do with time travel..

Try again

does the interaction of such demonstrate inconsistencies in a isolated linear theory of time?

Back