Requesting some coloring and shading help!

Furhead

n00b
Alright I need some help, im pretty much a newb when it comes to PS. Right now im working on a project for class, its about designing a cemetery, (i know its odd, but its part of urban planning) and one of the things i have to do for it is make a concept pic. Basicly just a pic that will illustrate the idea we are talking about. I freehanded it and now i need someone to ink it and color it for me. You have the freedom to do whatever colors you want i just need flowers to be totally covering the insides of those bowls, any shape or color will do. And also those 2 squiggly lines in the back of the pic is supposed to be a hedge row but feel free to add more trees, there just has to be foliage back there. I dont have pay pal but ill buy whoever can help me out something thats worth around 10$ online. Remember the pic isnt supposed to look realistic so stylize it as much as you want.

heres the scanned pic, i have a much higher quality one if you need it, AIM: Furhead14

ok lets say its 12 noon so there is no shadow! If you really want a shadow i dont care where the light source is.

new layer, set blending mode to multiply, color in, (will retain outlines), shade/highlight with burn/dodge tool respectively.

just so im shure:

you want someone to draw flowers into the bowls and shade/color the pic?

4b5eN+EE said:
just so im shure:

you want someone to draw flowers into the bowls and shade/color the pic?

ya you can do any color scheme and be creative as you want, but all the bowls must be full of flowers.

If anyone wants to clean up the edges and other stuff for me, your more then welcome! ;)

in fact that would be great if someone could do that!

haha!

I'm sorry, just reading the thread out, it's pretty hilarious. I wish I could help though.

Oh for petes sake :rolleyes::
cemetarye65.jpg

id guess illustrator or some other vector based app.

but i could be horribly wrong and its just using photoshop...
fake edit:
nvm....the bottom gives away that it is in fact, not illustrator...unless you touched it up in PS

to the OP... Have you ever used vectorworks.... it has a built in rendering program (renderworks).... basicly you can take a 3d cad drawing and plop in textures and stuff... i use it for theatrical design work (the spotlight build, i woudl assume you would use landscape)....

Furhead said:
I LOVE YOU!

Teach me how!

It's very basic at its core. All you need to know is the proper shading, and a bit of brush knowhow. Start by outlining the bowl, top & bottom separately. Fill them in with black, and airbrush erase where you think it'll be lightest. So for the top part, erase the bottom a bit. The lower part of the bowl, erase the top part a bit. Simple.

Shadows are also easy, using a brush size that fits roughly the width of the bowl, which you can determine using your eyes, modify that brush so it's oval, not circular. I find 40% to be perfect for this perspective. Then, it's a simple matter of 1 or two clicks right under the bowl.

When you're done, modify the opacity to your desire, depending on how much shade & shadow you want.

The rest of the image works similarly, the pebbled path uses an oval brush that I modified, so it'll vary in size, scatter & hue only. The leaves on the tree uses the maple leaf brush, I just modified the hue value slightly, and shrank down the brush to fit. The leaves on the bush I used oval brushes, just varying in size, hue, angle & scatter.

Just go with what makes sense, like shadows of leaves on the trunk of the tree, and over the ground. Lighter leaves on top of the tree, and shadowy leaves at the bottom. Fading distant mountains, slightly gradiented skyline, etc...

Footer4321 said:
to the OP... Have you ever used vectorworks.... it has a built in rendering program (renderworks).... basicly you can take a 3d cad drawing and plop in textures and stuff... i use it for theatrical design work (the spotlight build, i woudl assume you would use landscape)....

No i have not, sounds interesting ill check it out!

Back