Request for Seasonic Prime PSU owners

Furious_Styles

Supreme [H]ardness
Hello just bought a SS Prime Ultra 1000W from someone on the FS forum. He accidentally mixed up some cables from another PSU (an EVGA) and I know it's a big no-no to mix and match. I'm wondering if anyone can post pics or tell me the numbers/letters on the side of the connectors. I know 2 of them are EVGA for sure (it's written on them) but I have some SATA connectors as well that do not have EVGA and are different in make.

The most foolproof method is to use a multimeter and figure out what goes where. SATA pins are standardized, so use that to figure out what is on what pin at the PSU end. You can then power up the PSU with nothing connected and test the voltages at each pin, and see whether or not they match up.

The most foolproof method is to use a multimeter and figure out what goes where. SATA pins are standardized, so use that to figure out what is on what pin at the PSU end. You can then power up the PSU with nothing connected and test the voltages at each pin, and see whether or not they match up.

True. I've isolated most of the EVGA cables and will mail them back. I was just hoping someone else who owned one could tell me the numbers on the side of the connectors so I'm 100% sure they are for SS set. I'll probably end up buying a new cable set because this one is a little short regardless (1 GPU cable)

Back