Request for review: Coolermaster V550s (and new methodology)

Keljian

[H]ard|Gawd
So,
A while ago I went seeking a psu which used the absolute minimum power when my pc was idling. Most machines spend a lot of time doing so, as you would know.

After much research I came to the conclusion that very few places review psus at loads under 50w, thus not much is known about low power efficiency.

Since around ivy bridge (2012?) pcs have had the capacity to idle around 20-40W, and in a lot of places around the world, power ain't cheap, especially for 24/7 use.

My search ended with the coolermaster v450 (now eol) and v550s - both of which offer >90% efficiency below 80w. In my own testing it is closer to 95% but I digress.

I guess what I'm asking is that [H] do low load testing using a test machine idling(maybe with a single SSD) and share the results with us when testing PSUs.

Also I wouldn't mind having a review of the CM v550, knowing that low consumption efficiency is its wheelhouse.

Given the nature of this site/forums, sounds like something that might not happen. Unless it ends up being a much much more requested feature to add.

Back