[Request] Does your Monitor support below 60/55hz?

BlackGuyRX

n00b
I'd like to make a request-
I made a thread on recommendations of flat panel monitors that support weird refresh rates, mostly for emulation.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1857385
As igluk pointed in that thread, the Iiyama monitor supported between 49.200hz and 76.300hz.
Does your flat panel monitor support various refresh rates between 50 & 60hz? This could help me decide on what monitor to get.
I'm especially putting this out there for those with the following monitors-
LG 27MB85R-B
LG 24GM77
LG 27MP35VQ
Dell S2415H/S2715H

Most monitors can do 50hz normal sample and hold. Some can even go slightly lower.
Ones that go down to 48hz...I heard the Benq MAY be able to do it with a custom resolution but I haven't tested it.

Asus VG248QE supports 29 (or 25) and 30hz interlaced, and 50hz/60hz.

Benq T and Z series monitors support 29/30i, 50 and "59.94hz (NTSC?)" and 60hz

Benq Z series supports "Single strobe" motion blur reduction at (59.94hz) / 60hz-144 hz, most refresh rates in 1 hz custom increments do work. If single strobe is turned off in the service menu, monitor will double strobe at lower than 100hz refresh rates, at default timings, and "may" single strobe at less than 100hz if custom VTs are used but will not use custom strobe adjustments. Enable single strobe if you want single strobed blur reduction at lower than 100hz. (lower than 85hz will flicker like a CRT).

Benq Z series can single strobe on a 60hz console if single strobe is enabled (as above).

While 50hz works without blur reduction and DOES work "Double strobed (ugly) with blur reduction, single strobe will not function due to a bug, and will overdrive the backlight and may force a power off due to overcurrent protection. Monitor will single strobe if a custom vertical total is used at 50hz (1360 vertical total), but the strobe pulses will not be smooth, unless you set the "strobe phase" to 018 or higher. Then 50hz (ONLY With a custom VT of 1360) will single strobe smoothly with a 018+ strobe phase setting, but the flicker and the massive strobe crosstalk at the top of the screen will make this unusable (and possibly unhealthy), and you can't use custom VT's on consoles so don't bother if your console is running at 50hz. Keep single strobe OFF for safety.

60hz "single strobe" blur reduction on a PC or to a console is like a 60hz CRT. Smooth, yes, but you will get flickering.

Back